Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Inge agrees to $24 million, 4-year deal « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 536
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20061208/U PDATE/612080465
Inge agrees to $24 million, 4-year deal with Tigers

Larry Lage / Associated Press
Dale G. Young/The Detroit News

Brandon Inge is one of the holdovers from the 2003 Tigers team that lost an AL record 119 games. See full image

DETROIT -- Third baseman Brandon Inge said Friday that he has agreed to a $24 million, four-year contract with the AL champion Detroit Tigers.

"It's awesome to get this done because Detroit is the only place I wanted to play," Inge told The Associated Press. "This organization stuck by me through tough times and for them to still believe in me when times are good, it's really gratifying.

"The deal is basically done because the only thing that would hold it up would be a problem with the physical that I took today, but I can't see that there would be any problem with that."

Inge was eligible for arbitration and would have been eligible for free agency after next season.

"They put a very fair four-year deal on the table and it's great that we were able to finalize it," he said.

Inge was one of the holdovers from the 2003 Tigers team that lost an AL record 119 games, then surprised the baseball world last season by winning the AL pennant before falling in five games to St. Louis in the World Series

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.