Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Remember the DeWan Sims' case? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 277
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone remember this case from about 10 or more years ago? The mother claimed she took the little boy into Livonia mall, and turned her back and he disappeared? He was never found, that I can recall, and I seem to remember many holes being poked in her story.

Does anyone know if there were ever any suspects or even more proof against the mother/grandmother? Seems like it just dropped out of the news.

The Caylee Anthony case makes me think about him and all of the other children whose killers/abductors were never caught - although, its pretty clear that Caylee's mom is guilty, it doesn't seem that they will/can arrest her until a body is found.

Mschievous
Username: Mschievous

Post Number: 273
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember that the mother had another baby, maybe 4-5 years later. That's all I recall...

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 136
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You don't always have to have a dead body to charge someone. It has happened more than once in this area.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1416
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember him...I am so mad that he was not found...I really hope that they his mother didn't do it...maybe that is why I am glued to this Caylee case too...damn shame.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2110
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didnt they have video of her going into the mall without him?

Tk65
Username: Tk65

Post Number: 97
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wonderland was the mall, Dwanna Jackson was the mother.

http://www.michigandoes.com/MP/DWanSims.html

(Message edited by TK-65 on September 22, 2008)

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2461
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Livonia police worked very hard on that case. The most disturbing thing in all of the interviews they did with the mother were her statements "I went to wonderland mall" "I went into the food court". Never once did she say "we". Security cameras only show her getting out of the car, walking around that day.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7768
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That DeWan Sims Case was a myth! Dwanna Jackson made a false report that his son tuned up missing at Target next to Wonderland Mall. The Livonia Police was searching the area, but the boy was never found. That incident cause Livonian residents to reconsider voting the SMART bus opt out a couple years later. Because they dont' want any more " black" incidents in their clean PLEASANTVILLE community. Plus their reasons of saving their capital improvement money to rebuild their failing "ghetto like" downtown Plymouth Rd. business corridor.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3863
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny, when you say the case was a myth, do you mean the Livonia Police made the whole thing up with the SMART bus thing as a hoped-for end result? Or did the mother file a false police report, and try to blame the kidnapping on being at the mall?
A myth indicates that none of it was true. A lie would be the latter case

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 122
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pay no attention to Danny, he is off he meds.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 453
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember this. I was at the mall with my Mom the day before he disappeared.

I recall that the security camera showed her entering the mall without the boy and that she took out a life insurance policy on him shortly before he disappeared.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3486
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The rumors were that she sent him to Florida (ironically) under a new identity.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 402
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recall her collecting welfare from FL while she was living here.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 600
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 3:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny,I thought i made stupid post BUT you take the cake.

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 194
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 7:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the mother's name is dwanna sims, she later had another baby,a girl named victoria. little dwan was never found,and i'm sure he must be dead though.the case hasn't made the news anymore because no more information has come forward.

Spongebob
Username: Spongebob

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is difficult to charge without a body. Although possible ,I believe there has only been six murder convictions. In Michigan were there was no body.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.