Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Real Estate Agent « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ct_alum
Username: Ct_alum

Post Number: 119
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can anybody recommend an aggressive, responsive licensed real estate agent specializing in the East English Village/far east side areas? I am looking to buy and rehab one or two homes but my current agent doesn't seem to be too interested in expediting showings and following up on bids.

Please don't provide (however well-intentioned) tips on how to motivate the agent as it has gone past the point of no return. Thank you.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1690
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fred Ladd

http://www.fredladd.com/

Fred's knowledgable, ambitious, and a great guy.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1691
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ct, if you'd like to know more, contact me at: kathescha at gmail dot com.

Fred lives in Indian Village. Very, very knowledgeable about the area.

Boynamedsue
Username: Boynamedsue

Post Number: 52
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.bearing-group.com One of the Bearing Group agents will be able to help you out. They are located in GPP and have a lot of listings in that area and will be able to find you a rehab fast.

Brandon48202
Username: Brandon48202

Post Number: 223
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The folks at O'Connor Real estate in Corktown have a lot of experience working with foreclosed propertys, I know a lot of agents don't like dealing with the banks, it's not for everyone.

Ct_alum

Post Number: 120
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FYI Lodgedodger: My inquires to Fred Ladd have been ignored. Could be because I'm interested in East English Village, not Indian Village. No big deal, just wanted you to know. Thanks for your efforts.

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 281
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second O'Connor. They've been on the listing and buyer's agent side of bank-owned properties in the city for years. And, they're next to Slows, so when you visit the office you can go next door for pulled pork and a pint of Founder's.

Ocean2026
Username: Ocean2026

Post Number: 170
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right off the bat I checked the first one Fred Ladd and there was a nice condo but they didn't mention the monthly fee.

I prefer agents who put all the relevant info in the listing. Half the agents don't even follow up with email requests.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2051
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agents are probably slow to respond to all the carpetbaggers and speculators versus those who want to live there and are from the area.

Boynamedsue
Username: Boynamedsue

Post Number: 55
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They don't give a shit who you are... They are just trying to make their commision check.

Jayjoejee
Username: Jayjoejee

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try Joy Santiago at Different Dwellings in Detroit.
I've worked with her a lot in the past and she's phenomenal. Very knowledgeable about the area and great at making the needle move on the property.

Here's her site:

http://www.differentdwellings. com/

Jat44
Username: Jat44

Post Number: 30
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Call LEE and start packing!!!!

Claire
Username: Claire

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about a good agent for the Farmington/W. Bloomfield area that is knowledgeable on short sales and foreclosures?

Ocean2026
Username: Ocean2026

Post Number: 172
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

East Detroit its your type of ignorance that keeps Detroit down. Did you ever hear "stereotyping is for small minds" or "assuming is for a--holes?"

When people are moving out every day and Detroit's population is shrinking you should beg for carpetbaggers (a term used for northerners' going south after the civil war). Anyone who can fix up a building and PAY TAXES is helping Detroit.

Are you happy about the 1 million people who have fled in the past few decades?

Maybe you'd like everyone aside from you to leave so you can feel important.

Aside from the idiocy of your opinions, you also have no clue as to any facts.

An agent receives an email which is usually on a form "I would like more info on MLS # xxxxx" and they have no clue who or where or what the purpose of the email is. They have a DUTY to the seller to try and sell the property -its called ETHICS.

Anyone who comes to Detroit and fixes an abondoned property and pays taxes is doing a good thing.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 835
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try checking out the EEV website. Look at the ads. It really is a great community. Hope you find something you like.

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 282
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, it doesn't matter if an agent has listings in the neighborhood or not. An agent works either on the listing side or the buyer's side, though sometimes both. It is actually better to work with an agent who doesn't have listings in the neighborhood. This way, you are ensured more objective showings (agents who show their own listings might not disclose the negatives as readily, since they make more money selling their own listings themselves). Even "neighborhood knowledge" isn't that important. Just find someone who isn't juggling a bunch of deals at the moment so they will have more time to devote to showing you all the houses you want to check out.

Every agent has access to the same information about each property, and that includes monthly association fees for condos, so ask as many questions as you want and you should reasonably expect answers. All you have to do is tell them the area you're interested in, the type(s) of property and price range, and the agent can print out everything that is currently on the market. No real need to scour the papers and websites or call each listing individually yourself. Not to sound all "Martha," but I do recommend finding an agent in the city, just because I think agents located in the city deserve the business of sales there rather than suburban agents.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 837
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try checking out the EEV website. Look at the ads. It really is a great community. Hope you find something you like.

Eastenglishvillage
Username: Eastenglishvillage

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 7:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try Bernice Sabatella at Jim Saros Agency. She's very active in EEV.

Ct_alum

Post Number: 121
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks to all for the input. FYI - I have lived in East English village since 2001. So much for the "carpetbagger" accusations. It's amazing how the most innocent inquiries bring out the ignorant, i.e. East_Detroit in droves.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.