Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Cox steals from the poor and gives to the...parks? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 523
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He seems to be on a mission to kill his career lately, his actions are too dumb to not be purposeful.

http://detnews.com/article/200 90320/METRO/903200425/1361/Cox +under+scrutiny+for+giving+$500K+from+mortgage+settlement +to+parks

Why would he think he could do this and get away with it?

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 348
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I LOVE the "personal political slush fund" line.

BUT, I'm glad that it didn't go into the state general fund where it would have never seen the light of day. Better that more of it went to aid groups like Focus:HOPE and UnitedWay who are trying to help some folks get back on their feet.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 1028
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why isn't ALL the money going to the people that were given "questionable loans"? The Democrat solution is no better (putting the money into the General Fund). The only thing worse than a company exploiting people is the government exploiting people.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3705
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why do I see this being in a radio spot:

LOW HORROR-MOVIE SYNTHESIZER TONES

NARRATOR: [SERIOUSLY] A corrupt lending network defrauded Michigan residents of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Attorney General Mike Cox fought them and won the state a $10 million settlement. But, with times tough and Michigan residents feeling depressed, he's set aside 5 percent of that money for ...

END SYNTH: KIDS CHEER

... [SUDDENLY UPBEAT] a couple of parks for Grand Rapids children!

FUNTIME MUSIC AND KIDS CHEERING

Now Grand Rapids residents can enjoy cleaner, better, more up-to-date parks, boosting local spirits! And that's why, from Iron Mountain to Three Rivers, Michigan residents are proud of our smart, tough Attorney General. Thanks, Big Mike!

END

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 1036
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ You forgot the "I'm Mike Cox and I approve this message."

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3708
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha. Good one, Retroit ... :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.