Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Your Tax Dollars At Work « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Whittier70
Username: Whittier70

Post Number: 232
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/su bindex/news/prob_solvers

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1856
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow.
I don't know what else to say.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 1136
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Times are tough don't hate the hustle hate the Game....

Seriously though that is just F@#$% up!

Whittier70

Post Number: 233
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And how much do firefighters make per year ??
Their not exactly starving. Pure greed..

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 685
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cha-ching. Cha-ching. Cha-ching.

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 689
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DFD doesn't have any rules against...stealing?? What a crock of shit.

O.

Whittier70

Post Number: 234
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The average salary for detroit fire department jobs is $55,000."

http://www.simplyhired.com/a/s alary/search/q-Detroit+Fire+De partment

Crawford
Username: Crawford

Post Number: 530
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unbelievable...

Honestly, if I didn't watch the video; I wouldn't believe it.

This scum should be fired, jailed, and forced to pay back or return all items, but you know it won't happen.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 623
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about the way the station chief didn't know the guys in the photo? Well, at least they didn't burn down their fire house.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5433
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"DFD doesn't have any rules against...stealing?? What a crock of shit."

I imagine it's a law enforcement agency call so that the DFD doesn't run into employment law issues. That's why DPD would look at it and go from there.

The union rep who spewed the crock about taking the door for firehouse use needs to be reconsidered, too.

Whittier70

Post Number: 235
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have to wonder how many houses do they hit when their not on the clock. Thats who's stripping this city. Go figure.

Lilpup

Post Number: 5434
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm a little surprised houses that new didn't have pvc plumbing throughout. When they showed the contractor repairing a nearby house that's what he was installing.

Someone needs to develop cost effective fiber optic residential wiring to replace copper.

Kennyd
Username: Kennyd

Post Number: 102
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I appreciate your wish for new/improved power transmission, but fiber optic cable can't deliver electric power across its length.
It works more like a taut string between two tin cans.
Copper wire is a little more like a garden hose.

Lilpup

Post Number: 5436
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and yet fiber optics are already replacing copper in the communications industry - go figure

Wally
Username: Wally

Post Number: 600
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fiber optic cable and electrical cable are two completely different things. Fiber optic cable does not conduct electricity.

Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 1138
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just can't believe DFD right now it makes me look at things in a whole nother light

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1947
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My problem isn't even so much with the crooks - that's bad, I agree - but what torques me is the DFD response, that since they don't have a specific rule about that, they won't do anything.

I bet they don't have a rule, either, that says an on-duty firefighter can't cut somebody's head off with a fire ax. So my recommendation is this, to anyone who works for DFD and is disgusted with what we all saw: Find that guy (the one who spoke to channel 2) and chop his head off with your fire ax. Nobody will do anything! DFD has no rule saying you can't do it!

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 983
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Urbanoutdoors,

As the son of a retired firefighter, I would hope that you don't view the entire department negatively because of the actions of a few individuals.

As far as the comments from the deputy chief and from the union, that sounds like a bunch of ass covering to me.

Also, to the person who mentioned the "station chief", that guy likely wasn't a chief as I'm almost 100% certain that they don't have chiefs in every station. I believe the lowest ranked chiefs they have are at the batallion level. That guy was likely the captain of the house on for that particular unit (in DFD-speak unit refers to which shift they are working).

Chances are, that Captain could have placed himself in trouble with the department and/or with the union if he had identified those men on camera like that (because there's almost no doubt he knows them unless he was filling in at that house for the captain who is regularly there). Those sort of things would have to be handled through proper channels within the department and the union.

He probably would have been better off to simply say he couldn't comment, but denying knowing them was probably the better call than identifying them on camera.

Edit: Actually, I KNOW the guy wasn't a Chief or acting Chief as he wasn't wearing a white shirt.

(Message edited by el jimbo on March 26, 2009)

Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 1141
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have some good friends in the department and know that the department as a whole does a great service for the City of Detroit.

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 941
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not condoning what the firefighters did, but I want to say that the City of Detroit Fire Department as a whole is one of the best in the country. Those guys and gals put their lives on the line every day for Detroit. They work with outdated and broken equipment all day and night; sleep in quarters that has no heat or a working kitchen or working plumbing. Don't lump all of the firefighters in the same catagory as those two or three individuals in that video. The majority of firefighters are hard working, dedicated people who put their lives on the line each and every day for Detroit.

Noodles
Username: Noodles

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Don't lump all of the firefighters in the same catagory as those two or three individuals in that video. The majority of firefighters are hard working, dedicated people who put their lives on the line each and every day for Detroit.

Yet, you have no problem lumping the citizens of Detroit all together when you go on one of your "Thug KK" rants.

Do you realize how inconsistent your views are?

Buyamerican

Post Number: 942
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get a life Noodles...I never lumped ALL Detroiters into one catagory when talking about thug KK, I included the ones who supported the felon no matter what he did. You must sit on the edge of your computer chair and wait for me to post something so you can try to find fault.

Thug KK stole, raped and pillaged Detroit....Detroit firefighters put their lives on the line every time they go to work; they put out the flames that are intentionally set, accidentally set, save many lives, deal with a lot of crap in Detroit...and do it every day without complaint. What the hell did your boy do for Detroit?

Noodles
Username: Noodles

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Thug KK stole, raped and pillaged Detroit....Detroit firefighters put their lives on the line every time they go to work; they put out the flames that are intentionally set, accidentally set, save many lives, deal with a lot of crap in Detroit...and do it every day without complaint. What the hell did your boy do for Detroit?

Why is he my boy? Where did I ever state support for Kwame Kilpatrick in my posts? I'm curious what would lead you to that conclusion. Your blind anger is working against you in this circumstance because all I'm doing is taking you to task for contradicting yourself.

quote:

Buyamerican

Post Number: 893
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 3:44 pm:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
For the past 35 years Detroit's upper echelon has always wanted to run things their way with no interference from other government agencies, from any suburban community, or especially any person who would dare to speak the truth. Just look at the City government, the court system, the DPS, the common council and especially look at Monica Conyers. She can say whatever she wants, whenever she wants, and it's okay, not a ripple. Thug KK could say whatever he wanted, not a ripple. Beatty could say "do you know who the f--k I am" to two hard working police officers (who were probably white) and not a ripple (until much later).

Leavey was 100% correct.

This post was interesting. Here you're implying that 100% of Detroit's government was totally content with the corruption.

Kym Worthy would beg to differ. So would Ken Cockrel Jr. Kwame Keynatta caused a few "ripples" too.

Am I seeking out your posts? Not really. But when I see your name on the board it usually means I'm going to read something filled with a hyperbolic hate and fury that is disputable more often than not.

In short: You're predictable.

Buyamerican

Post Number: 943
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stand by that statement because it is as true today as it was when I wrote it. When Lansing has to send people to Detroit to check records, get rid of waste, or audit books, there is a definite problem with how City government has been run for years. You incinuated that I "lumped" all of Detroit's citizens (not government employees) into a catagory, how far from the truth; only the ones responsible for the terrible condition Detroit is in today.

In the future, if you think I am so predictable, please don't bother to read my posts because there won't be much new unless there is a drastic change in Detroit and MOST Detroiters wake up and make some big changes in City politics. Kym Worthy has my praise, Kwame Kenyatta has my praise. Ken Cockrel has my praise. That is three people who could make some changes...any others?

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: