Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Weird contrails over the west side « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 320
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone see the strange contrails over the area last monday?
sorry for the cell pic.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 930
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's these guys..they're just waiting for us to finish beating our swords into plowshares, then they're gonna descend on us like the wrath of God..

Kang & Kodos

Don't sweat it..I've got LOTS of boards with nails in 'em..
:-)

Karl_jr

Post Number: 321
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did they also do the square one too?

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4299
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the mothership.

Karl_jr

Post Number: 322
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No I don't believe in the chemtrail bs or ufos, just wondering if anyone else saw them.

(Message edited by karl jr. on March 26, 2009)

Zrx_doug

Post Number: 932
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The first one was prolly just some NASCAR driver taking his first flight lesson..
:-)

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 785
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Halotrail! I can't believe you saw it too. I took a huge shot of it. The image is tiny here but this is a stitch of 5 vertical frames.

halotrail

I was heading out of the house and saw this towering over my street. Stopped in my tracks, ran right back upstairs, grabbed the camera and started shooting.

Funny because no one else seemed to notice it. And then as it got darker there was this incredible 'sun dog' or sun flare hanging out below the halo on the horizon.

sunflare

What a weird day.

Karl_jr

Post Number: 323
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea, I saw the sundog too! only had a freaking cellphone camera though.

Switchmanjim
Username: Switchmanjim

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I looked up and wondered if someone was playing tic-tac-toe...

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 283
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What, you've never seen Barbara Rose-Collins' cosmic hovercraft?

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know I missed them, Wish I'd been able to seen them live.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 3068
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 5:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey - thats a nice shot of that Sun Dog. I see those occasionally, but most people dont know them by name.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9130
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never, EVER have I seen anything circular from these folks...curious. They usually only cross the contrails in an X with a certain thirty-or-so degree angle, which when viewed via satellite provides EXACT targeting info for the HAARP Electro-Magnetic-Generator folks to aim their beam at, and gives precise cloud heights so they don't allow the energy to perforate the clouds every time they flip the switch!

They must've REALLY not wanted the targeteers to miss this one! Notice the cross inside the circle...double mark the important targets!

Everyone would notice exact geometric shapes in the clouds if they were more common, it is funny enough that most buy the cover story for chemtrails, and still only will call them contrails, which are very different things. One is intentional and probably very dangerous, the other merely disturbances behind jets at atmosphere layer temperature differentials.

Those fade away very quickly, chemtrails linger and will usually have a rainbow sheen to them as the chemicals dissipate into the atmosphere.

How close was that square punched through the clouds to the circle?!

The angular geometric cuts through clouds often indicate use of the Tesla-EM-beam weather-manipulation (or worse) technology.

This EM beam can either heat or cool anything that is water based...think about it as a microwave oven with a 'freezer' option on the atomic motion...all microwave ovens DO is accelerate the vibrations of the water molecules in your food.

Depending upon the frequency transmitted, they are now able to super-heat or super-cool anything that contains water molecules...and the weather-wars are a distinct possibility. Why do you think it is such a big deal that the Chinese and Russians can knock our satellites out of orbit?! They know, because they've been after this technology for decades, too!

It would be curious to see...usually with contrails and EM-manipulation, when you see the stuff above you it will affect those downwind in a few hours to a half day.

All of this was covered in the 1950's articles in Popular Science (or other similar magazines) postulating on the 'wonderful' very useful effects a Tesla-derived tool (or weapon) might deliver...it is time for me to go look them all up, I guess.

Bigb23

Post Number: 4306
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All humor and theories aside, I do find them quite interesting, and have never seen anything like it before, including being in a Carrier Battle group with F-14's.

Bigb23

Post Number: 4307
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's Bob Lutz, showing the cash reserves of General Motors.

Karl_jr

Post Number: 324
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not being a very good judge of distances from the ground I would guess the circle was over the downriver area around southgate etc, and the square was around romulus or just north. I was at michigan and livernois.

Gannon

Post Number: 9132
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Karl. I wonder, given the 45,000 miles-or-so round trip bouncing off one of the stratosphere layers and back from Alaska how much of a margin of error in targeting that is, then.

Keep your heads UP...they usually perform these over a few days, so it could get even more curious tonight.

Then, look OUT east coast with horrible weekend weather...

Gannon

Post Number: 9133
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny, I just checked at www.weather.com , to see if anything was happening downwind.

Caught this image...

weatherdotcom image and graphics

Just stirring things up...

Noodles
Username: Noodles

Post Number: 31
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Just stirring things up...

Nice work.

Goose
Username: Goose

Post Number: 110
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAARP was the first thing I thought of... learned about it from the late great Mark Scott.....

keep your powder dry

excelsior

Silverbeauty
Username: Silverbeauty

Post Number: 73
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

>>>>HAARP was the first thing I thought of... learned about it from the late great Mark Scott.....

keep your powder dry

excelsior<<<<

I miss Mark Scott, I learned so much from him. I often think of how riled up he would be right now if he was still here.

Gannon

Post Number: 9135
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

His rile lives through those who listened.

I wish I did...only caught the fellow a few times on lonely drives on I-94 on the way to Chicago in the early nineties...actually the only times I listened to the Art Bell program, too. On the way back home in the wee hours...

AM radio is too grating for me to perceive, usually...but less so than most country music.

Gannon

Post Number: 9137
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rabbit-holes are more fun through high-speed connections with nothing else to do.

I have neither luxuries today, but DID pull off a quick Google search for weird contrails and chemtrails off Billings, MO during the same time period...because the weather maps show a similar distance between another temperature extreme and them, so I guessed that reports might show targeting evidences.

Didn't find that, but got this page instead. Another wacked-out source from a page I wouldn't trust, but it makes for some FUN ass reading for the totally uninformed on weather manipulation!

Kennyd
Username: Kennyd

Post Number: 103
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only time I ever saw circular contrails was Sept 12, 2001 when all planes were grounded except for the military patrolling the city.

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 1922
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was from an air force tanker waiting to rendevous with a cell of fighters out of Ohio.

Bigb23

Post Number: 4317
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^ Is that a guess, or fact, Mikem ? ^^^^^^

I've live/lived by several air bases, and have never seen anything like that.

Brownfieldguy
Username: Brownfieldguy

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It must be those big disc ships from Independence Day.

Where the hell is Will Smith and Randy Quaid when you need them?

Bigb23

Post Number: 4336
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(Message edited by Bigb23 on March 27, 2009)

Lowell
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2267
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually it was Mikem circling his Airbus to get some aerial shots of Detroit. Nice cover story with the tanker Mikem. :-)

Karl_jr

Post Number: 325
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Mikem, Sounds a real plausible answer to me.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KarlJr, If your right about where the square was , then I was right under that.

Karl_jr

Post Number: 326
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://contrailscience.com/

Mauser765

Post Number: 3071
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard a guest on the Mark Scott show predict the 2000 election fix in Florida via ballot manipulation and computer fraud - and I even bought the book after the show.

http://www.amazon.com/Votescam -Stealing-James-M-Collier/dp/0 963416308

It explains the whole damn thing including "hanging chads" etc. The book was first published in 1992.

The subsequent 2000 election "result" was not a surprise to everybody.

Mark Scott: " I love my country, but I FEAR my government "

Amen.

Bigb23

Post Number: 4341
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It explains the whole damn thing including "hanging chads" etc.

My chad was hanging, up until five months ago.

Bibs
Username: Bibs

Post Number: 335
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw a sun shaft on the way to work last fall that was amazing. Perfect vertical orange shaft instead of the sun. Wish I had a camera to capture it. I have never seen one that well define.

Mikem

Post Number: 1923
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard controllers relaying clearances for a group of fighters through a tanker while I was flying through the area. There are some refueling tracks in the region ( http://www.canairradio.com/ref ueltracks.jpg ) but refueling can take place on random routes as well.

There certainly isn't as much activity around here as there is out west. Refueling typically takes place at mid-range altitudes ~17,000' to 26,000' and contrails usually form at higher altitudes. Even if refueling were happening overhead, you probably wouldn't notice it unless the tanker or receivers were orbiting while waiting for the other to rendezvous. If everyone is on time, the meet-up occurs along the track and when the refueling is done, everyone spits up and goes on there way, all in a relatively straight line. Orbital patterns like this typically happen when a tanker is parked near a bombing range serving the fighters going in and out of the range.

Gannon

Post Number: 9146
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So if they fly lower, this could merely be a great collection of fuel vapor?

What else could it be, if regular contrails happen at certain altitudes, Mikem?!

That's gotta be healthy enough for anyone downwind.

But those crossed contrails at those definite angles happen way too often to be mere chance!

Having one INSIDE this curious circle again was way more than pure chance.

Zrx_doug

Post Number: 941
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Contrails can happen at nearly all altitudes..depends on the humidity & speed of the aircraft.
Contrail is short for "condensation trail." Water vapor in the air gets mashed by the plane, condenses into water, then revaporizes as the plane sheds it.

Mikem

Post Number: 1924
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The weather conditions that day were right for the formation of contrails at those altitudes. Here's a profile of the atmosphere over Detroit from Monday evening:

DTX 00z sounding

The scale at the bottom of the grpah is temperature(°C), increasing to the right, and the scale on the left side is altitude in millibars/kilometers. The red line is the air temperature and the green line is dew point. Notice how they nearly merge above 500 mb, roughly 18,000', meaning the atmosphere was very humid at those altitudes. That's why the cloud layers appear and jets spewing combustion products provide enough condensation nuclei to form contrails. As the day went on the clouds probably thickened and most aircraft flying above them were producing contrails, but you wouldn't see them from the ground.

The crossing contrails you see are simply (maybe too simply) because aircraft are flying on different routes which are crossing each other. Here's a clip from a high altitude aeronautical chart over Detroit showing the different jet routes crossing at various angles:

And jets aren't always on the airways; they're frequently on random routes.

Gannon

Post Number: 9149
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought random routes were a no-no...thanks for the explanation here, Mikem.

Those Xs are always a consistent angle, best I can tell without measuring is roughly thirty degrees on the smaller angle...no more, no less, JUST like the X inside the circle displays in our images here.

If they were random crossings, the angle would change!

Not but one of the intersections of the official routing show this angle, and 'randomness' would NOT explain the consistency in these very common angles of chem-trails that linger for many, many minutes after they form. They often keep their general form for a complete hour or so as they pass overhead.

Contrails dissipate rather quickly by comparison! Water vapor returns to even dissolution rapidly. This other stuff that sheens a rainbow does not.

Cheers

Optima
Username: Optima

Post Number: 62
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG. Mark Scott? Tesla? HAARP? Chemtrails?? I had no idea this thread was so "informed"! What's next ELF?? Obviously I will have to tune in much more often...

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3853
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you know?

We go from 50 degrees and thunderstorms to 30 degrees and heavy snow.

Well, there's your omen. :-)

Bibs
Username: Bibs

Post Number: 337
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about ring shaped vortices? The pictures in the link below look very similar what was posted.

http://www.caelestia.be/ringvo rtex.html

Mikem

Post Number: 1928
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Random routes, or more specifically, direct routes off airways are common. Nevertheless, J34 and J70 cross west of Detroit at ~24°. Looks like the X in the picture.

Contrails dissapate when the air is drier. They last longer when it's more humid.

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 240
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just look at Flight Aware and at any given moment there's tons of flights around our vicinity being tracked. It's no coincidence that some of the paths are going to cross and form patterns.

http://flightaware.com/live/ai rport_status_bigmap.rvt?ident= KDTW&airport=KDTW&key=cae3ffb7 5b761deb4cdd1d3b9418b56c9615ca 78

And rainbow effects from the ice crystals in contrails are not chemicals, they're a natural phenomenon and don't just happen in contrails.

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/

Mikem

Post Number: 1930
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh look! Virgin America 24 from San Fran to JFK and United 491 from Newark to Denver just crossed west of Detroit at a 30° angle. Too bad it's snowing out.

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Mauser765

Post Number: 3077
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That big circle - isnt that just somebody dumping fuel or waiting in a pattern for a landing strip to clear ?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4595
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The cloud ring could be either the Centurians or the Tau-Cetis traveling to Earth by using light speed dimentional devices. If they have gotten here they must be in human deguises in order to examine our international culture. Then waiting for the right moment to either be bring peace or destruction to the human race.

Gannon

Post Number: 9150
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See? Danny may be right after all...

quote:

Streaking lights, explosions reported all along coast
By Patrick Wilson
The Virginian-Pilot
© March 30, 2009

Were they meteors? A comet? UFOs?

People from Maryland to Hampton Roads heard loud explosions and saw brilliant, streaking lights in the sky Sunday night.

There was no immediate explanation, the National Weather Service office in Wakefield said. The Virginia Beach 911 center had numerous calls waiting just before 10 p.m., a supervisor said.

The Weather Service said reports were made from Dorchester County, Md., to the Virginia/North Carolina border. People said they saw a streak in the sky and heard an explosion.

“It was orange, like a fireball,” said Steve Wagner, who lives in the Great Bridge area of Chesapeake and said what he saw was too close to be a shooting star. Wagner was outside cooking with family when he saw the streak. He said he went inside when his daughter called, then heard an explosion that sounded like thunder.

Chris Wamsley, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service’s Wakefield office, said there could be various causes of the explosions and lights. A team of people is looking into what happened, he said.

Lindsey Hosek of the Great Neck area of Virginia Beach was jogging along the water with her dog when the sky lit up, she said.

“The bright light at first terrified me because I thought somebody was shining a light on me, and then I saw it, and I was in complete awe because it was so beautiful,” she said.

Then she saw something that looked like a comet moving low toward the ground; it was blue in front followed by orange and appeared to be the shape and size of a refrigerator.

“It was just so low. It was like where a bird should be,” she said. “It was definitely heading downward.”

She was on the phone with a friend a minute later when she heard an explosion.

Kenneth Martin of Chesapeake’s South Norfolk neighborhood said he saw what appeared to be lightning, then the sky turned blue.

Then, he said, a white ball of fire shot close to the ground and appeared to burn out. He said he’s sure it was a meteor.

“It was so vivid in the sky, blinking,” he said. “It was the strangest thing I’ve ever seen.”

No damage was reported, the Weather Service said.

Patrick Wilson, (757) 446-2957, patrick.wilson@pilotonline.com

The Pilot News on-line

Gannon

Post Number: 9151
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IF that circle were a contrail, wouldn't the entrance and exits be marked by tangents?

Hell, if it was a fuel dump started while IN pattern, then the circle should've shown SOME change in density, which it clearly does NOT!

I'm still not buying it, and now will begin to chart the appearance of these trails to match with the flight patterns from MikeM's site.

If every one can be documented (given the chance of military fly-overs NOT reported, of course) then I will be pacified...if even more than ONE chance crossing at that angle happens at the given time I will have more data for the analysis.

Gannon

Post Number: 9153
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just noticed that the square poked through the clouds in that photo above (looking again to see density changes in the circle) has a neat TRI-ANGLE framing the hole.

(and yes, I see the changes in density of the circle, especially near the power lines on the left)

So, what are the odds of contrails happening simultaneously (like the circle and X) or happening around a unique cloud formation (like the square hole and trail triangle)?!

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1806
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, how did you miss this?

http://www.ufodigest.com/news/ 0309/dulce-base.php

Cpalk
Username: Cpalk

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Better make some tinfoil hats and go hide in the bombshelter

Gannon

Post Number: 9154
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jim!

Heya...what makes you think I've missed that? It goes into stuff I rarely entertain, but seems to dovetail with the rumors of underground high-speed rail tunneling between NM and CO bases along with the weird and wild ramblings of David Icke AND even the whacked-out Hollow Earth theory.

I am aware of it all, but will not investigate them willingly...only peripherally. There seems a common thread between them AND the recordings of the ancients, so who truly knows?!

Cpalk, welcome. If you think that will help, I certainly encourage you...but fear is totally un-necessary!

I don't think running and hiding helps at all, just ask your nearest Mayan...or anyone who fled uphill during whatever major world event wiped out our true history at what appears to be the last event of Mother Earth's periodic pole-shift, leaving only enigmatic mysteries like the Pyramids and Stonehenge and Easter Island and the like.

Cheers!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.