Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Congratulations to the Spartans... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Izzyindetroit
Username: Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 204
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For making it to the Final Four and having the chance to play in your home state. All I ask is that you leave your riots in East Lansing. The last thing we need in Detroit while in the national spotlight is Cedar Fest 09.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 629
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They played with a lot of heart today and I'm glad for them. It's too bad the woman's team got shafted by the refs non-call at the end of their game or we'd have two Spartan teams in the Final Four.

Perhaps if the Spartans win in Detroit, there could be some strategically placed foreign autos parked around the arena for the over-enthusiastic fans to turn over. Kinda kill two birds with one stone.

Publicmsu
Username: Publicmsu

Post Number: 237
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't wait to watch them play next weekend.. LET'S GO STATE!

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 737
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea, let's rain on their parade. What a great Detroit attitude. Toss out a compliment, then dis those of us who really support the Spartans. Seems some folks here can't appreciate what a great thing this is for Detroit & Michigan.

Hockeycox1966
Username: Hockeycox1966

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go Green, Go White! Fantastic weekend!

Vivadetroit
Username: Vivadetroit

Post Number: 194
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go Green! Go White! So glad State won! Let's beat UConn!

Optima
Username: Optima

Post Number: 63
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very impressive run - so far! Let's get that home crowd behind them!! Sparty On!

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 630
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those who overturn vehicles to celebrate sports victories also serve.

Sludgedaddy
Username: Sludgedaddy

Post Number: 319
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow...the possiblity of student riots in both Lansing and Detroit. That's called burning your couches at both ends!

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1747
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weren't they just drunken riots, I seem to recall the majority of those arrested were not students.

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 4641
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Izzomania begins...now that my bracket gone I am so glad to be watching spartan fever...was at NMU with Izzie...always pull for the green since it was my sister's school too...

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 4642
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Izzomania begins... I am so glad to be watching spartan fever...was at NMU with Izzie...always pull for the green since it was my sister's school too...

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4596
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GO GREEN GO SPARTANS!

They are still dancing! UCONN, you're next!

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4597
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go right through to MSU,

Watch the Points keep growing.

Spartan teams are 'bout to win,

Fighting with the vim.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

See the team is weakening;

We're going to win this game.

FIGHT, FIGHT RAH TEAM FIGHT!

VICTORY FOR MSU!

Detroiterbychoice
Username: Detroiterbychoice

Post Number: 182
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are they going to riot downtown?

Eastsideal
Username: Eastsideal

Post Number: 445
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting paraphrase of the fight song...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.