Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Freep no longer partnering with WDIV? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5466
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Freep reports they're going to start providing content to WWJ-TV in the morning now.

http://freep.com/article/20090 329/BUSINESS06/903290443

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1892
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope. There was a break-up a while ago. I think it was a small brief on WDIV or Freep's Web site. I can't remember. The Ruth Spencer and Chuck Gaidica items haven't been in the print edition of the Free Press for a couple of weeks, I think.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1292
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 6:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When WDIV started taunting the Detroit newspapers in ads, saying that it (WDIV) still delivered to your home 7 days a week...its newspaper partner understandably said, "later to you."

Quonset_hut
Username: Quonset_hut

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 7:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When WDIV didn't fire or suspend Rob Parker for the MSU Kirk Cousins story that was made up, I said "goodbye to you". I sent them an e-mail that if they didn't suspend or fire him, I would not be viewing any of their local content.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1293
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah and how much actual news does WDIV come up with that doesn't originate in the Free Press or News? Not a lot. So their attitude was pretty arrogant.

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 488
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

or from here for that matter

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.