Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Registration on new Forum. You Must complete all steps and wait. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2271
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We notice that many are not completing the final step of registration on the new forum. We created a post in that regard over there and I am repeating it here for maximum visibility:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++
We notice that there are many who have not confirmed their activation and are wondering why they can't post, edit their profiles, see pictures, etc. If that is you, here is the reason.

We notice that there are many who have not confirmed their activation and are wondering why they can't post, edit their profiles, see pictures, etc. If that is you, here is probably the reason.

-You agree to the conditions
-You fill out the form.
-You get your activation link email
-You click the activation link [most problems are starting here or in the next point.]
-Your account goes in the approval queue.
-A moderator approves your account and it becomes active.
-You get an second email informing you that you are accepted.
-You begin posting.

After you filled out the forum you would have seen this:

You are not finished! You have one final step

Check your email now. You will receive an email with the subject line Action Required to Activate Membership for DetroitYES Forums. You MUST follow the link in that email before you can post on these forums. Until you do that, you will be told that you do not have permission to post. NOTE: If you don't get the email be sure to check any spam or junk mail folders to make sure it was not moved there. This has happened to several others.

STEP FOUR: Await Moderator Approval.

Your registration will be reviewed by one of our moderators and your account will usually be approved in a hour or two but allow up to 24 hours.

You will receive an automated email notice once a moderator has approved your account with the subject line Account Validated at DetroitYES forums! Once that is received you will be able to immediately post, edit your profile and do all the other fun stuff.

[I would add to the above^ that if you do not find the email to be sure to check any junk mail or spam folders to make sure it the email did not land in one of those.

Once again!

Your registration will be reviewed by one of our moderators and your account will usually be approved in a hour or two but allow up to 24 hours.

You will receive an automated email notice with the subject line Account Validated at DetroitYES forums! once a moderator has approved your account.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 740
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell, I registered on the new site yesterday evening but haven't gotten the follow up e-mail to go further. My friends tell me my personal info is now out there for all to see & I can't get in to hide it. Not good.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1823
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is an activation step, and then after the activation step the users have to wait for another activation?

Also, will there be avatars on this site?

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 957
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastburn, check your spam (that's where mine was)

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 741
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Scott. Did so. Not there.

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 385
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ditto what Eastburn reports:
Registered yesterday morning.
No follow-up message yet, even in 'junk' folder.

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 386
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ N E V E R ^ M I N D ^
Re-registered as Reality_check and received insta-confirm to click.

All is well in Lowellworld.

Glad to be inside the new gate . . . across the moat . . . past the velvet rope . . . o'er the ramparts . . . on the Other Side . . . through the portal . . . beyond the barricade.

See y'all -- or most y'all -- there tomorrow.

Lowell
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2272
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastburn, I directly admitted your account. You may now change your privacy settings, post etc.

Sent you an email in that regard to.

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 1549
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lowell - can i get in to change my profile? name, etc.. when i click the "see what everyone else" sees, it gives my info. too.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 728
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just got in, I think.
Lots to learn. Worried about privacy!

Looks like Lowell and team have been very busy.
Best wishes to all.

Ocean2026
Username: Ocean2026

Post Number: 210
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah it was in my spam folder too - in between all the other "URGENT REQUESTS"

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4368
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We should be able to go back and edit our names. I hate that about software.
Johnlodge had the right idea, signing up.:-(

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4369
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With the open registration, somebody can assume a trusted Username, want to be your friend, and get personal info on you. Look what happened to Ccbatson a few months ago.

Marshall
Username: Marshall

Post Number: 45
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I registered today but I never received a confirmation. I hate to lose access - this is too good a forum to miss.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 544
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I registered much earlier today but still haven't received a confirmation link.

Maof2

Post Number: 1550
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im worried about privacy too. I just emailed Lowell to see what can be done. Looks like they are quite busy

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 694
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell, I tried to register but it did not take. I sent in for a new password, it still is not working for me. I have an i Mac and am using Safari as my browser, if that matters. Please help. Thanks.

D_mcc

Post Number: 1825
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate that I am a Junior member...

Bike4beer
Username: Bike4beer

Post Number: 61
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

found the email in my spam folder on my gmail account.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 3173
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shit! I'm lined up in the "queue," having just registered, but now I'm worried about privacy, too. What is this "see what everyone else sees" thing?

D_mcc

Post Number: 1827
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah...

John won that battle...I just realized that that may have been silly...But enough people know who I am through the facebook groups and what have you, so...

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 6011
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still waiting and hoping...

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 909
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Registered this afternoon, still no e-mail.

Maof2

Post Number: 1551
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine, I was wondering where you've been. I'm pissed too and i wish we would have known that our personal info. would be plastered all over the place. I've been told to go into your "cp" at the top blue bar then go to the privacy settings and check off either "friends" or "contacts". When i click on my "see what everyone else sees" it shows everything. i guess theres some finishing up to do. I was able to delete a few things but as far as my name, no can do!

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3567
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure they are mulling it over on a few of the applicants, they took me immediately.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 1118
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I registered a day or two ago, but still don't see an email in my inbox.

Making me saaaad.

I did a gmail search for spam and everything. Nothing from Detroit Yes. I was able to request a password change though, and that came immediately and I saw it in my inbox... But i'm still not admitted as an actual user...

Nellonfury
Username: Nellonfury

Post Number: 244
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 6:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just sign in and still waiting for my confirmation. When I get accepted, my user name will be change to "THEFURY 617".
Go MSU!!!!!

Iseries840
Username: Iseries840

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 6:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My email was instant. Obviously I am a VIP!

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 5158
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 6:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

When i click on my "see what everyone else sees" it shows everything. i guess theres some finishing up to do. I was able to delete a few things but as far as my name, no can do!

Even though it says that, I guess it is not true. I had someone check mine after I followed the steps to hide the profile and they couldn't see anything.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 545
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still no email.... If I don't get to be a user, can I still lurk? Or will viewing only be for registered users?

Detroithabitater
Username: Detroithabitater

Post Number: 196
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no email for me?

Rfban
Username: Rfban

Post Number: 308
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My last post... It's been almost a decade. Goodbye DetroitYes!

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 852
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried to create a last minute fairwell to the old board thread, but creating new threads seems to be disabled. Good bye my fair feathered discussion board. How I shall miss thy simpleness. I shall yearn for my post count, which fell just shy of 1000. In this time of darkness, I shall push forward toward the new light whilst holding fond the memory of you, dear discussion Board.

The Parting Glass:

Of all the money that ere I had, I spent it in good company.
And of all the harm that ere I've done, alas was done to none but me.
And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I cannot recall.
So fill me to the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all.

Of all the comrades that ere I had, they're sorry for my going away,
And of all the sweethearts that ere I had , they wish me one more day to stay,
But since it falls unto my lot that I should rise while you should not,
I will gently rise and I'll softly call, "Goodnight and joy be with you all!"

Oh, if I had money enough to spend and leisure time to sit awhile
There is a fair maid in this town that sorely has my heart beguiled
Her rosey cheeks and ruby lips, she alone has my heart in thrall.
So fill me to the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2660
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last person to post here is.... Me! HA!

Det_ard
Username: Det_ard

Post Number: 77
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still watching my inbox...

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2661
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No!

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 6288
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

test

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.