Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » Sharon McPhail's husband « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 4128
Posted From: 69.242.212.64
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 4:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I made a joke in another thread in reference to those who call Freman "Helmut" by noting that Sharon goes by "McPhail" and not her married name, "Sneed." But it later occurred to me that I spelled "Snead" incorrectly.

To check the spelling I looked first at SharonandBenny.com. No luck. It only says, "She is happily married with two children, Angela and Erika..." There's a picture of them all, but the caption only refers to "David." No last name mentioned.

Next I tried her section on the City Council's website, but nothing there except: "She is married and has two daughters." There's nothing more about the daughters or her husband.

Finally I googled both spellings and found Dr. Snead's biography from his current employer, the Waterbury, Connecticut, school district. Here we see a lengthy personal history, including references to his army days, education, teaching, administrative career and even his mother, but absolutely no reference to his wife, or his even being married.

What's up with that?

Lurker
Username: Lurker

Post Number: 804
Posted From: 69.242.214.101
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently, they met at IHOP in '94 and got married in '95.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/ articles/mi_m0JSD/is_7_52/ai_7 7196347

Lurker

Post Number: 805
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, he was superintendent of DPS until he was forced to resign in '97? And then he moved out East? Trouble in IHOParadise?

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 2341
Posted From: 68.42.175.79
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A good timeline with some discussion about Snead.

http://www.partnershipforlearn ing.org/article.asp?ArticleID= 498

An op-ed on Sneads handling of the bond issuehttp://www.detnews.com/2004/ed itorial/0403/26/a16-102451.htm

An alternative take on school cuts, whcih are by no means new folks,

http://www.wsws.org/public_htm l/prioriss/iwb7-1/school.htm

http://www.wsws.org/public_htm l/iwb8-25/teachrs.htm

Some more history
http://www.freep.com/news/educ ation/qhow4.htm

Oh dear.

It appears that perhaps Ms. McPhails husband is part of the problem that caused the school takeover in the first place.

Cletus
Username: Cletus

Post Number: 501
Posted From: 12.75.50.18
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps we can find him a patronage job a little closer to home.

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 1052
Posted From: 69.215.17.41
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He enjoys his job in Conneticutt. Snead was a much better man compared to Burnley's track record.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 113
Posted From: 68.42.170.20
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh great...are we getting into wives and husbands now?

If we're talking trash lets bring Carlita and Elaine into the fray...anyone care to start?

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 2443
Posted From: 67.37.84.227
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This thread is a a distraction. None of these posters are on a campaign and are bored on a Sunday.

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 2342
Posted From: 68.42.175.79
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course! Thats it! Any questioning of Brians candidate is a ditraction by bored Sunday drivers! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

And yes Quinn, why not? There are some serious allegations in the pieces I posted such as major doners to Sharons campaign getting plum contracts from Snead after being initally rejected by the Board. I think that is a valid and viable topic.

Registeredguest
Username: Registeredguest

Post Number: 272
Posted From: 68.249.45.122
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's almost like members of the Kilpatrick campaign are starting these ridiculous threads -- as all they do are strengthen his cause.

Best case scenario for the Mayor -- Sharon and Freman's camp gets bogged down in minor and petty personal issues, tear each other apart and forget about our larger problem: the current administration.

...see'n the issues; wait'n for the responses.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 4132
Posted From: 69.242.212.64
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just take it at face value. There's no hidden plot to discredit anyone. It was just as Brian said, something I did while I was bored.

I just thought it was funny that Sharon barely mentions having a husband on her two sites and Dr. Snead doesn't mention his wife at all on his.

I did look at Helmut's site today. Like Sharon, he briefly mentions his wife's name, but goes on to brag about his children like a Jewish grandmother.

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 3046
Posted From: 141.213.171.251
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, looking at Freman's bio and the accomplishments of his kids, it is something to be proud of. Getting into the Business School here at Michigan is no picnic. Extremely difficult. And lo and behold, his son did it. Good for him. and it looks like his daughter is achieving great things as well. What's wrong with being proud of your kids? Granted it doesn't matter too much for the election, they're not on the ballot, but it's the last sentence of a lengthy candidate bio. Who cares? Why not talk about his kids?

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 1442
Posted From: 68.251.27.41
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the agreement was to have their own sepearate public lives, given the deep waters they have both delved into.

She might not do so well as Sharon McPhail- Snead in the public venue.

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 2840
Posted From: 68.252.70.198
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Itsjeff: Damn shame that you posted about Dave's "current employer" which is NOT his "current employer" at all!! Try former .... as he was lured away to another school district to serve as Super...!! Just a correction; but still a "Damn shame", since her family has nothing to do with the run for the job of Mayor, City of Detroit!!

Your post was intended to be a distraction or just some stupid ass schitt from 1 that ain't so stoopid!!

Black-atcha .... watching some "soap opera" BITCH schitt from a wannabe BITCH.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 6371
Posted From: 64.118.137.226
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"watching some "soap opera" BITCH schitt from a wannabe BITCH"

You even jumping on McPhail now? LMAO

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 175
Posted From: 206.152.239.150
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh and Freman's poo don't stink becuase his kids are great? What does that have to do with him being a good mayor? McPhail's daughters went to U of M and Howard and one is getting her masters in campaign managment from George Washington. That is just as impressive. So they both have great kids - good for them! Even though they may have downfalls in certain areas according to this group they did raise some good kids. So lets lay off the kids and get back to real stuff.

AND Snead did a lot better job of running the schools than Burnley and in fact his reputation is still good with DPS teachers. Being a former DPS teacher for 3 years (before I got out to make real money) I should know. But then again according to Metro I know everything.

Quinn

Post Number: 136
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILOVE...didn't you used to be a Helmut-head supporter? I think that was posted on here by someone...

What did you think of Helmut when he was on the board...were you a teacher then? I really haven't heard anything positive or negative from my two teacher friends..they really don't remember him. Empty suit you said and I agree.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 4154
Posted From: 69.242.223.61
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ras, everything is as I described it in post no. 1. I wanted to get the correct spelling of "Snead" and tried to find it at sharonandbenny.com and on her site at the legislative section of the City's page. She downplayed her family and that's cool. Like you said, they aren't running for anything.

But it is curious that in David's page, where it talks about his schooling, military service, athletic background, job history and how he cared for his dying mother, it doesn't mention that he's married.

Lurker

Post Number: 820
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, what's up with her first husband?

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1215
Posted From: 64.12.116.195
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 3:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"But then again according to Metro I know everything."

Still wrong "Ilovedetroit". According to your own erroneous claims...you are everywhere, at the same time. Don't give yourself too much credit there!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 192
Posted From: 69.246.4.46
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HEY METRO! Sharon appeared at a campaign event today with her husband Dr David Snead and guess what they were holding hands! He is alive! All your theories shot out the door!

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1240
Posted From: 64.12.116.195
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What theories would those be "Ilovedetroit"? Or are you just making up things again?

Amelia
Username: Amelia

Post Number: 268
Posted From: 4.229.120.98
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

iluvdetroit: Did I miss something? did anybody post an obit for David? But, somebody did post that sharon appeared with Benny and he leaned over and kissed her on the cheek! LOL Looks like Benny is the one that's alive and well.\!? scandals and more scandals.

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 2482
Posted From: 67.37.83.173
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, its a low point in Helmuts or KK's campaign when they seek to attack a spouse.

Sharon (and Benny) is too classy and too human to sink to their level.

Amelia

Post Number: 269
Posted From: 4.229.72.63
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian: Get it straight, nobody attacked David. And please, stop with the "class" crap. Your candidate doesn't qualify. Anybody who has thrown as much dirt on Kilpatrick, his mama and Carlita as sharon has should be in church right now. Oh, forgot, she was in church Thursday night and still didn't clean herself up.

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 150
Posted From: 69.242.217.74
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Mayor's family has been so disrespected during his time in the Mayor's office it isn't even funny.

I hope that when his young men grow up, they decide to take over this city along with their daddy and run this entire region!

Amelia

Post Number: 272
Posted From: 4.229.72.63
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ROFLMAO

Quinn

Post Number: 141
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Moron-a, Kwame deserves the disrespect. You reap what you sow.

You have got to be one of the worst shills for kwame...I feel sorry for him.

Amelia

Post Number: 288
Posted From: 4.229.108.185
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Q: and where did YOU get your credentials? duck-brain!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 205
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia - You like to throw the duck word around alot is that slam on someone or a racial slur?

Amelia

Post Number: 291
Posted From: 4.229.72.23
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please ... if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and poops like a duck, you can pretty much figure it's a MOTHER DUCKER! and ya' don't have to go figure!

Morena

Post Number: 153
Posted From: 68.42.173.147
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn:

You sound like a little weasle that weighs a buck-o-five soaking wet.

I invite you to canvass my neighborhood and come knock at my door to tell me about your candidate. I'll show you some deserved disrespect.

Now, go report back to your committee tough guy.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 210
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 2:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia - Glad to see your butt on the street when your man KK loses. People like you don't deserve this city with your continued hatred and stupid comments.

Morena

Post Number: 171
Posted From: 68.42.173.147
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 4:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD:

You should be viewed as an untrustworthy turncoat. First you support Freman, then change your mind. Sounds like the typical Sharon type. Say one thing one day, then apologize and say you didn't mean it the next day.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 227
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia - I am glad I did not believe the press in this city. I am glad that someone took me to listen to McPhail--after listening to her I realized that I had another,stronger,more intelligent choice. She will be the choice of Detroit intellectuals (I am suprised at the number of artist, activist, professors that meet with her) AND more importantly she still has the ability to connect with the majority of Detroiters. Hard working middle to lower middle class african americans. I had my McPhail button on today in a restaurant and all the waitresses were going by giving me the thumbs up and say "thats my girl"! I felt very proud of my candidate today.

REMEMBER I only looked at Freman this summer after I lost faith in KK. I was a supporter of him and I voted for him. One of my best friends works for KK in a senior position and he struggles with the fact that I don't support KK (I still care for my friend - I feel bad for him)...KK let us ALL down. When others tore him down I still supported him...that was until this late summer.