Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Black members on Detroit Yes roll call! » Archive of Archives » Archive through March 20, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1809
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO! crumbled_pavement, I wonder the same thing! :-)

Pussygirl313
Username: Pussygirl313

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have the best of both worlds....I'm mixed....momma is black, daddy white.

(Message edited by pussygirl313 on March 20, 2008)

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2015
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So lets tally it Me, Blk_soulx, Detroitrise, D_Stylin, Bragaboutme, Crumbled_pavement, I think Broken_Main, maybe English and Ladyinabag (Welcome! lol) . So far thats 8. I guess its not a lot.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ladyinabag, I've seen you post that sentiment before. I'm sorry you were born the wrong color, kind of like being born the wrong gender maybe? But I must say, most black people have the most beautiful skin. I know black people who are pushing sixty, yet they don't look a day over forty. I had one client years ago, she reminded me of Rosa Parks. She was very old and tiny. She had long gray hair that she always kept in a bun type hairdo. She had the most beautiful skin. You would never know by looking at her that she was 80!

So in that regard, I guess I understand your obsession with being black. Us whiteys tend to shrivel and get all wrinkly, like a prune, as we age. :-)

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2016
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well now its 9 and btw shes apparently hot as hell.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 79
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

forgot MrsJdaniels.

Bragaboutme

Post Number: 80
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think thats 10

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 157
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bragaboutme stated...

quote:

forgot MrsJdaniels

Yes...the 'skin-folk' count too.

blksoul_atcha!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6533
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm surprised that Terryh hasn't posted here... although he's white... he's got the hots for (his words) "Oriental Goddesses and Ebony Princesses". Pussygirl313 and Ladyinabag... beware! :-)

(Message edited by Gistok on March 20, 2008)

Gistok

Post Number: 6534
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By the way, you're right about the beautiful skin of blacks, even the elderly. Being 100% German, we (northern Europeans) freckle, blotch and (later) wrinkle... and in the summer... BURN.... :-(

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 277
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bragaboutme said:
quote:

"I think thats 10"

So now we know who all the black people on DetroitYes are....

Gistok

Post Number: 6535
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

... hardly... I know of at least a dozen more (I've been on the forum for 8 years), but if they don't wish to let you know, then I'm not going to "out" them.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1062
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

100 percent pure AMERICAN! Made in Detroit. And proud of it.

(Message edited by Bulletmagnet on March 20, 2008)

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 158
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So how bout' we come up with a name for our new found coalition....to protect us from the evil forces on this site?

any suggestions?

blksoul_atcha!

Gistok

Post Number: 6536
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

.... guess you should have seen that coming... all us evil white folk... ya better circle the wagons.... LOL...

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1732
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always get left out of these things. :-( People always seem to divvy up the pie between black and white. There are lots of others in the mix, and I think mixing is just fine.

Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul_x, does one need to be black to be in your new found coalition?

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10149
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have your back Gazhewke ; ) and no need to "circle the wagons" either because it NEVER was done. That is just hollywood crap.

Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:
"Anonymity (or partial anonymity) is part of a forum like this. Age, where we live, gender, and race are pieces of personal information.

To ask a forum member to disclose whether they are black does not seem to be a productive idea for a thread."

Easy to say when your 'Crystal'

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1733
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miigwech, Goat!

Bragaboutme

Post Number: 82
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Bean pie my brotha", blksoul_x

I don't think white folks are evil, and why would anybody be ashamed to tell their race. I have been to parts of the world where race isn't even an issue like it is in america.

Say it loud your Black, White, Mexican, Asian, Ect., and your proud.

Bragaboutme

Post Number: 83
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Bean pie my brotha", blksoul_x

I don't think white folks are evil, and why would anybody be ashamed to tell their race. I have been to parts of the world where race isn't even an issue like it is in america.

Say it loud your Black, White, Mexican, Asian, Ect., and your proud.

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 130
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Bulletmagnet, what do you mean by this: "Easy to say when your (sic) 'Crystal' "?

About 50 posts ago I asked what was the purpose of ID'ing forum members by race. That is a fair question.

Race is a more contentious issue than age, especially in the Detroit area.

Thames

Post Number: 92
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul_x posted, "So how bout' we come up with a name for our new found coalition....to protect us from the evil forces on this site?
any suggestions?"

How about, "The coalition to protect us from evil forces on this site coalition"?

All this reminds of that 3 Dog Night song, anyone remember?

Black and White?

The ink is black, the page is white
Together we learn to read and write
A child is black, a child is white
The whole world looks upon the sight, a beautiful sight

And now a child can understand
That this is the law of all the land, all the land

The world is black, the world is white
It turns by day and then by night
Together they grow to see the light, to see the light

And now at last we plainly see
We'll have a dance of Liberty, Liberty!

The world is black, the world is white
It turns by day and then by night
The whole world looks upon the sight, a beautiful sight

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 488
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames-

The good skin is the melanin. It is a protectorant from the sun. Melanin also determines color. The more melanin in the skin, the darker the color. You have heard the phrase, "black don't crack"? This is because of the melanin. The further away a person lives from the equator, the less melanin they need in their skin. This is why there are white people. Read the book, "The Descent Of Woman". I have it here somewhere. It tells the whole story.

(Message edited by Ladyinabag on March 20, 2008)

Detroitfats
Username: Detroitfats

Post Number: 34
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm white, but a lot of my tattoos are black. Any chance I can be in the coalition?

Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1066
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crystal...is...see-through!? Get it? No color, transparent? Neither black or white, or any other color for that matter. Did any one get my bad joke? Groan...sorry all...

Detroitfats
Username: Detroitfats

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I almost forgot--

Fatso__atcha!

Kevgoblu
Username: Kevgoblu

Post Number: 71
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does this make me #11 or 12? I'm hoping for the magic number. Kinda like to 10 millionth customer to shop at Kroger gets a 3 minute shopping spree! (you'll find me in the beer aisle)

Thames

Post Number: 93
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ladyinabag, yes, I know about melatonin. It's crucial to have enough if you are exposed to the sun such as that near the equator. Oh, and I get why there are white people too. In addition to that understanding, I too have read, "The Descent of Woman". The rationale of the book makes perfect sense to me.

When you say you want to "be black" and try to "act" black what do you mean?

I have African friends and Jamaican friends. They are black. They have different customs, that's why I'm curious. I also have North African friends and their customs are different then my other African friends. So you see, it's gets very confusing. Which kind of black do you consider yourself? I am NOT trying to ridicule you, I am asking an honest question since you put it out there.