Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Black members on Detroit Yes roll call! » Archive of Archives » Archive through March 21, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 131
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry about that, Bulletmagnet... This is the second time in as many weeks that I have had to post an apology for missing something!

More than race, I have always been curious about whether a forumer currently lives inside or outside Detroit.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3867
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe, Thames, she is trying to be the black that isn't white, whichever white that might be.

Servite76
Username: Servite76

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Count me in on the "Coalition". White, middle aged balding overweight male from the suburbs. Don't tell anyone, but I listen to Tupac on my morning drive to work.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 706
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm here dammit!

Roll Call!

Trstar
Username: Trstar

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alright, I'll bite at this bait.

All black with original equipment.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 278
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crystal said:
quote:

"More than race, I have always been curious about whether a forumer currently lives inside or outside Detroit."

Oh, that number is much less than 10. You might can get 10 if you count Metro Detroit. Most forumers live 2K miles away from Michigan. Some are even from other countries....
Shock

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 188
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am black and proud to be of the human race. Eastside of Detroit born and raised. Lived in Taylor for a few months but could not take it lol.

(Message edited by cub on March 20, 2008)

(Message edited by cub on March 20, 2008)

Iseries840
Username: Iseries840

Post Number: 529
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm black. When did I receive my membership card?

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1810
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crystal, I'm in Detroit. :-)

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 1944
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Count me in

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 159
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bulletmagnet stated...

quote:

Blksoul_x, does one need to be black to be in your new found coalition?

YES!...no 'basic white' people allowed.

blksoul_atcha!

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK then, I'm blacker n' black y'all.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4647
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just in case you wonder where this thread went, after it goes, it will be moved the Detroit Connections forum tomorrow. Among the purposes of the Connections forum is "For discussion among forum members, discussions about the forum". This thread and its companion "Younger people on DetroitYES!" are discussion about the forum, not Detroit per se, so they belong there.

That said, wisecracks from interlopers aside, I have enjoyed this thread.

Meaghansdad
Username: Meaghansdad

Post Number: 257
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm checkin' in

Roll Call!!

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 189
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How many we got so far LOL?

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3311
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amandla!

Just to take the Black Thread deeper...

As probably one of the original set of Black Posters here on the forum, there has been a set of us who have been here, and remain here to keep the balance of things correct.

There had been a preponderance of xenophobic and clearly misaligned statements of forumers who had felt free to post here with out reprise and accountability to Detroiters or Africans in America prior to Ras, Brian,D Stylin', Jmil and myself coming on board and setting things in more detailed contexts.

This dialogue changed the dynamics of the board and rounded out some the unrefined edges. There was alot of growing up that happened for many posters and lurkers as they met with a seasoned set of minds that articulated differing perspectives.

This drove some of the original posters away, citing to much of the black/white debate and less of the urban planning feel of this place.

My conjecture has always been " how can there be true planning, when those that live in the area now have no say at the table."

The next turn of this forum moved from the black / white debate to the liberal/conservative one brought on by Karl and others as America called into question the ineffectual Bush II administration, This brought on a different set of posters and a new vanguard of Black folk took over.

There have been some heavy debates here, and alot of it is educational for some. For others it has been a place to vent or better yet rant on misgivings and place misguided blame on Africans in America.

There has been a vein of intellectual dishonesty here that many of us have sought to combat.

There have been those elevated souls who, while not Black, understand the essence of ubuntu and live as such. They are uniquely equipped to help move Detroit forward.

Rasputin is doing well, for those who may wonder.

In the words of our ancestors "Sonqoba Simunye."

(Message edited by zulu warrior on March 20, 2008)

Figebornu
Username: Figebornu

Post Number: 99
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are all African but I am Black, African and Proud.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 160
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OFFICIAL BLACK MEMBERS ROLL CALL LIST.

DETROITRISE
MAYOR_SEKOU
BRATT
TRSTAR
CUB
LEOQUEEN
MEAGHANSDAD
CRUMBLED_PAVEMENT

How bout the new coalition to be named the 'Black Justice League'...or the BJL to watch over the evil forces when 'basic white' people start posting condescending remarks about our beloved Chocolate City.

I know there is more...don't be 'scurred'...show your Blackness...there is power in numbers!

blksoul_atcha!

Cinderpath
Username: Cinderpath

Post Number: 462
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What if your a cracker who don't like cops? Will it get you in the door?

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3313
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

please add me to your list

Bratt

Post Number: 708
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SAY IT LOUD....I'M BLACK AND I'M PROUD!!

I used to love that song.

By the way, it's my birthday and I am on the forum talking with yall......that says mabye I need a life....huh?

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 161
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ZULU_WARRIOR...AND PERHAPS COMMANDER OF THE NEW FOUND COALITON!...CHECKING IN!

FIGEBORNU...CHECKING IN!

blksoul_atcha!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 162
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bratt stated...

quote:

SAY IT LOUD....I'M BLACK AND I'M PROUD!!

I used to love that song.

By the way, it's my birthday and I am on the forum talking with yall......that says mabye I need a life....huh?

Yes! Soul Brother #1, 'The Godfather of Soul', James Brown did it up!...'Say it Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud'

....and by the way...if it will make you feel better... HAPPY BIRTHDAY:-)

blksoul_atcha!

Bratt

Post Number: 709
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you baby!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 163
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's all about L-O-V-E...you know how we do it!

blksoul_atcha!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 164
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cinderpath stated...

quote:

'What if your a cracker who don't like cops? Will it get you in the door?

NO 'crackers' or 'basic white' people allowed.

blksoul_atcha!

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1583
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is a "basic white" person vs a "white" person?

Jltyler
Username: Jltyler

Post Number: 292
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

black man here still lurking at times moved to knoxville, tn so not as much

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 462
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A Proud 1976 Graduate of Mackenzie High School; I was named "Honorary Black Man" by my Football Team Captain, Michael Smith (more recently a VP of Personnel - Ford Motor Company).

I take the honorary title quite seriously.

Nanska
Username: Nanska

Post Number: 113
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here!