Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Black members on Detroit Yes roll call! » Archive of Archives » Archive through April 16, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5678
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My bad I thought I took that 'is' out...

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1162
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometimes I can be overly picky about the English thing. Yeah, I know I muck it up too sometimes. Feel free to correct me when necessary.

You'ns go on nah :-)

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG, I just realized I shouldn't even be on this thread. Crap!

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2171
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathinozarks: Yeah well, I'm a language geek, but that correcting thing can be over-worked, you know.

However, since you asked, you are missing two commas: one behind your first "sometimes," and one in front of your second "sometimes." In fact, if you will indulge me in a bit of flagrant anal-retentiveness, there should be one in front of "too," as well. (Too!)

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1166
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometimes I can be overly picky about the English thing. Yeah, I know I muck it up too sometimes. Feel free to correct me when necessary.
--------------

Sometimes, I can be overly picky about the English thing. Yeah, I know I muck it up, too, sometimes.

Ravine, I have a hard time with punctuation. Your corrections are welcome, and you made me smile (should that comma after welcome been a semi-colon?)!

Ravine

Post Number: 2175
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathinozarks, I think the sentence works best as you typed it. Since both phrases stand up, on their own, as sentences, and the second phrase is directly related to the first, a semi-colon would be O.K., but you would need to remove "and."

Thumbs-Up on placing the question-mark inside the parentheses, where it belongs...

Now, I think we should refrain from committing any further thread-jacking!

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, thanks for the quick lesson.

Rid,

I hope you find a place where there isn't any racism, and everyone is a Mensa member. Personally, I don't think that place exists.

Austin, Texas is a very inclusive/liberal city (if inclusive and liberal are the right words), but you have to put up with tons of old, white hippies everywhere, tee hee.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 256
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathi,
You have my permission to go anywhere on the forum you want.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1169
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub,

Do you mean that I should go elsewhere (sarcasm?) Or are you telling me that I would be welcome here?

Tough one.

Cub

Post Number: 264
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 1:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am telling you that you are welcome here.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12214
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 7:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is amazing how, when one can take something two ways...the negative always has more weight.

Thanks for specifying, Cub, although we're starting to learn your posture to the world (you won't have to continue reminding MOST of us, soon!).

Cheers

Rid0617
Username: Rid0617

Post Number: 52
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I hope you find a place where there isn't any racism, and everyone is a Mensa member."

I know I'll probably never find a place with no racism, it just makes me shake my head because there's no reason for it. A little less than there is down here in the south would be a pleasant change. Maybe I'm one of the few who thinks that way. Way I look at it is we all have the same problems and could use help from where ever it can be found. As for the Mensa members, God no. A couple of them and I look like a total idiot.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8234
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, you always have LY!

Cub

Post Number: 266
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Gannon,
I am far from a negative person. I have always feared that people would look at me and think I was a mean person because I was big, black and from what I have been told, pretty smart. HeHeHe.

Ravine

Post Number: 2181
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*Ahem* Cub, we are also told that you are ravishingly handsome. Since I'm a guy, that doesn't cut any ice with me, but I'm just sayin'.

Cub

Post Number: 275
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL Ravine.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Cub.

Cub

Post Number: 284
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are welcome kathinozarks.:-)

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 199
Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Black Justice League' Check-in for the month of April.

So far we have.....

Commander 'Zulu Warrior'
LT.Commander 'D_Stylin'
Cub...(I think?)

Dove7, Ras, Brian, if you are out there, please check in, we need all the true Warriors to combat the forces of evildoing.

blksoul_atcha!

Cub

Post Number: 308
Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am still a member. Doesn't mean we have to agree on certain issues:-)

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 153
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I must not be black enough?

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 1650
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spoke with dove7 tonight, he is doing well.
DY ain't on his agenda. He has moved on.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5713
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dove hasnt thought about DY since '05...

lol

Kaptansolo
Username: Kaptansolo

Post Number: 337
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow! Black Justice League! "Basic white people".

Ok

Born Black in the Automotive Capitol of the World in 1968

I will not qualify for the Black Justice League...I am too damned friendly with white people.

Will not qualify as an "Uncle Tom" either...I do see where ALL of IT is not our fault.

Not looking to create an all black nation and certainly not an all white one either. In fact not an all anything nation except human.

Against anyone who is against anyone for things they have no control over.

am for the "working man"(this is a losing battle).

Not looking for freedom to be myself...I will be that anyway...prefer acceptance without question of things which do not really need an answer.

I use Head and Shoulders shampoo, Ultra Sheen hair dress, a facecloth and a Gillette sensor razor.

I eat greens(collard, turnip and mustard) and I do not give a damn about sports.

I like women with pretty legs.

U.S. Marines 1985

our family moved to Taylor, MI in 1976 and I continued to go to school from my grandmother's house in Detroit. I switched schools every two years between Detroit Public, Taylor public and Van Buren public.

lived in a white community while going to an all black school.

know nothing about the "street" nor it's politics.
wrong upbringing to relate to inner city kids. not allowed off the porch when we lived on Taylor Street off Dexter in the early 1970's and had to be in when the street lights came on until 1984 when we were living in Ypsilanti.

Not privileged enough to include myself in the complete ignorance of some suburbanites.

on pride, national or ethnic, I agree with George Carlin. I think it does not make sense to be "proud to be Black or white or whatever". This includes "american".
Being black or white is not a "skill" and neither is being an American...it is a genetic and a geographic accident.
I am happy to be both black and american and at times I am sad because of both. But I am "proud" of neither.
Pride should be reserved for individual achievement. Like an earned degree.

on black women-too much attitude for me. Primarily because of my upbringing...I did not come up with a mother with an attitude. Physically, they are beautiful.

on white women-too much automatic assumption that all men in the world like them.(because they are white) Physically, beautiful too...but get over yourselves.

on Hispanic women-perfect cross between black women and white women. Sexiest women alive.

on the Black Warriors on this forum...though I may disagree with them on many points...sometimes their hardcore, in your face, deliveries of fact is what is needed to meet some of the more subtle intellectual racism that I have seen here and may have inadvertently helped to perpetuate.
My opinions come from my own experiences and cannot be construed as the "average" black man's experience because of views and/or attributes of my background which is certainly not typical.

For those white people(you know who you are) on this forum who have used me and others like me as an example of "good black folk" and then one day heard one of us playing a hip-hop tune because maybe it had a sample of an old song that we like...and then suddenly we were no longer "good"...I say...the Black Justice League time and time again has rooted you out on many occasions.

These gentleman have my full support as men who are standing up to racial injustices.

K. Solo_____________atcha!

(Message edited by KaptanSolo on April 16, 2008)

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 202
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Black Justice League' updated Check-in for the month of April.

'Zulu Warrior'...(Commander)

'D_Stylin' 7mile down...(LT.Commander)

'Cub'...(Black-atcha!)

'K.Solo'... (welcome to the Black Justice League)

'Bragaboutme'... (welcome to the Black Justice League)

'Rasputin'... (Honorable Retired General)

'Dove7'... (Honorary Retired Member)

'Jmil'...Peace!

still waiting on the others to check in for April.

blksoul_atcha!

Isiostar
Username: Isiostar

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

isiostar,checking in

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 203
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Asante 'Isiostar'...welcome to the 'Black Justice League'

adding 'Isostar' to the April check-in list.

Isiostar (New Member)

blksoul_atcha!

(Message edited by blksoul_x on April 16, 2008)

Isiostar
Username: Isiostar

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

isiostar,present

Cris
Username: Cris

Post Number: 523
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Dove-7 still living out in California?

Kaptansolo, white women may seem like they think they're all that, but in reality most of them are under too much pressure to be skinny. They think they're fat, even when they're not.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 5124
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

De colores, de colores se visten los campos en la primavera

De colores, de colores son los pajaritos que vienen de fuera
De colores, de colores es el arco iris que vemos lucir
Y por eso los grandes amores de muchos colores me gustan a m¡

Canta el gallo, canta el gallo con el kiri kiri kiri kiri kiri
La gallina, la gallina con el cara cara cara cara cara
Los pollitos, los pollitos con el p¡o p¡o p¡o p¡o p¡o p¡