Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Black members on Detroit Yes roll call! » Archive of Archives » Archive through May 13, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 5125
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

De colores, de colores brillantes y finos se viste la aurora
De colores, de colores son los mil reflejos que el sol atesora
De colores, de colores se viste el diamante que vemos lucir
Y por eso los grandes amores de muchos colores me gustan a m¡
Y por eso los grandes amores de muchos colores me gustan a m¡

Jubilosos, jubilosos vivamos en gracia puesto que se puede
Saciaremos, saciaremos la sed ardorosa del Rey que no muere
Jubilosos, jubilosos llevemos a Cristo un alma y mil m s
Difundiendo la luz que ilumina la gracia divina del gran ideal
Difundiendo la luz que ilumina la gracia divina del gran ideal

Kimistree
Username: Kimistree

Post Number: 113
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One sistah checking in.
Peace,
Kimistree

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 206
Posted on Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Adding a Black Queen to the Black Justice League April Check in list.

Asante Sistah 'Kimistree'!

blksoul_atcha!

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 130
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This sounds like fun! I'm not black, but I'd really like to meet some black people. Can I join?

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 365
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL! Sure You can.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 210
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Yooper' stated...
quote:

This sounds like fun! I'm not black, but I'd really like to meet some black people. Can I join?

Sorry 'Yooper', 'non-black' people are not allowed to join the 'Black Justice League'.

Updated 'Black Justice League' roll-call members.

'Zulu Warrior'...(Commander)

'D_Stylin' 7mile down...(LT.Commander)

'Rasputin'... (Honorable Retired General)

'Dove7'... (Honorary Retired Member)

'Blksoul_x'...(Recruiter LT)

'Cub'

'K.Solo'

'Bragaboutme'

'Jmil'...Peace!

'Isiostar'

'DETROITRISE'

'MAYOR_SEKOU'

'BRATT'

'TRSTAR'

'CUB'

'LEOQUEEN'

'Kimistree'

'MEAGHANSDAD'

'CRUMBLED_PAVEMENT '

All members please check in for April roll-call.

blksoul-atcha!

Cub

Post Number: 377
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am listed twice.

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 1830
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm here...black as I want to be.
I'm looking for work.............toooooo busy to keep up
with this forum but I'm here as a black man in the D!.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3353
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the May check in for the league...

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5750
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit_stylin STILL 7 Myle Rydin'

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 697
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub,

Perhaps the second time you were listed in CAPS because Blksoul_x realizes he is addressing a man worthy of RESPECT ;)

WhiteJew_atcha! (Part of the "Justice for All League")

Cub

Post Number: 385
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Rel. LOL
CUB checkin in! (I think)!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 211
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Blksoul_x' reporting for roll call for the month of May 'Black Justice League'

black_atcha!

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4032
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the point of doing this every month? Unless you are out actively recruiting new people to join the forum, I don't think your list is going to change that much.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 212
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pam stated...
quote:

What is the point of doing this every month? Unless you are out actively recruiting new people to join the forum, I don't think your list is going to change that much.

BJL members, pay NO attention to the dispiser'ers!

Better things are to come!

Please continue May roll call.

blksoul_atcha!

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 501
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This thread is the prime example of why this city is a screwed up. Nothing like divide and conquer.................

By the way, ain't no 'spiser's here. All I see here are those that insist on being separate....

Blatantly divisive in my opinion.

Kimistree

Post Number: 114
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As stated earlier in this thread..What is the difference between this one and other threads that have been about "Rednecks" in the area or those of German descent etc? I'll tell you what..There is no difference.

Why can't Black folks say hey to one another without it becoming some divisive issue?

Kimistree Checkin in

Plymouthres

Post Number: 503
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kimistree-

Did you read what I wrote at all, or doesn't what I think matter to you?

My response was not about whether it was cool or not to shout out to your friends, be they of the same race as you are or not. Black folks, last time I checked, were free to do as they pleased, just as the rest of American society. I just asked a simple question and posted my assertion of the thread based on my 48 years of experience in dealing with this city. Whether you see it that way or not is your choice, of course.

I also meant no harm in the assertions that I made, either, just a desire to understand better and to find out why someone would find a need to single themselves out on an otherwise anonymous forum with a thread like this. Pam asked a similar question and was somehow labeled as a despiser? Why?

It was also to simply say that when we seek to isolate ourselves in this way then we can expect the type of in your face responses that this thread elicited from me.

It stinks of separatism whether you chose to recognize it or not. It is the exact thing that has kept this city down forever and will obviously continue to be a problem as it struggles to legitimize itself in the future.

You are right, there is no difference between this and other "ethnic" threads, which I never said were cool to begin with, but somehow you inferred I have ignored. This is a fine example of the "more" that is always necessary when these types of threads are done, almost to outdo each other.

Why do you seem to think that others don't recognize or respect the right of your being able to communicate? I guess this is where we cue the "White Member's on DetroitYes roll call" thread?

Kimistree

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plymouthres says: Did you read what I wrote at all, or doesn't what I think matter to you?

Yes, I read what you wrote. Why would you think that what you said doesn't matter to me? How did you come to that conclusion?

Plymouthres says: It was also to simply say that when we seek to isolate ourselves in this way then we can expect the type of in your face responses that this thread elicited from me.

Probably save for me, just about everyone on the list of blacks on this forum participates on other threads on this site. If being separate is what our goal was then that would not be the case, we would be talking just among ourselves.
I personally don't want to be separate but I do like saying "Hey" to others who are black because I am also.
Please tell me why that offends you?

Pylmouthres say:
Why do you seem to think that others don't recognize or respect the right of your being able to communicate? I guess this is where we cue the "White Member's on DetroitYes roll call" thread?

I never said others don't recognize or respect my right to communicate. Don't put words into my mouth.

As for the White Members on Detroit Yes roll call thread. I would say this. There are many different ethnicities in Europe. Most of those people who are considered "white" are of one of those ethnicities. That is not the case for those in this country who are the descendants of slaves. Black folks don't know what parts of Africa they came from. So therefore, our commonality/ethnicity in this country is being black and or the descendants of slaves. White folks and the other hand all share a commonality with what ever ethnicity they are (be it Irish, French, Russian..you get the idea) and are free to celebrate their culture, have clubs etc. So there is no need for a "White Members on Detroit Yes roll call thread, because "White" people encompasses many ethnic groups. Blacks do not encompass many ethnic groups at least not that we know of yet. An ethnic group was created when slaves were brought to this country.

I will rephrase the question?
Why can't African Americans say "Hey" to each other without it being a divisive issue? Because why?

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4038
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

pay NO attention to the dispiser'ers!

I don't despise anyone.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 220
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

checkin' in for the roll call

Isiostar
Username: Isiostar

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's poppin

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 213
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let us give a 'Black fist in the air' salute for sistah' 'Kimistree' for defending justice when necessary....read up the thread how she brilliantly defended the BJL to one of the 'dispise'ers.

Black fist salute to you!...a true warrior!

Asante sistah 'Kimistree'

blksoul_atcha!

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kimistree didn't brilliantly defend anything.
I have a question:
I am German and Irish. That is only since the late 1800's. Before that, I have no idea. My father's family name has it's origins in Scotland, I think, and as far as the German side, I don't know. So, really, I have no idea of my true ancestry. Kimistree, I have no idea what part of Europe my relatives come from.

Kimistree says,"Why can't African Americans say "Hey" to each other without it being a divisive issue? Because why?"

No one says you can't say hi to anyone. Just, it's not like the people here to exclude anyone based on skin color.

And what about our mixed-race posters? Would you exclude them? Sounds like it to me.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 509
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How ignorant and racist a statement to make considering I never even replied to her post! Trust me, she didn't defend shit. I just chose not to respond.

I would suggest that if you believe any of the bullshit that Kimistree wrote then you are more stupid than anyone would ever believe. Any of you who believe that crap should pick up a couple of books and educate yourselves. Blacks who are in this country have no exclusive on the enslavement/genocide argument as it has occurred to many nationalities, and long, long before it happened to blacks as a whole. Caucasian people were subjected to the very same atrocities as blacks in BIBLICAL TIMES. The fact that blacks were enslaved so very recently in relation to overall world history is just history repeating itself due to a failure to recognize and acknowledge what already happened in the past.

As for the black fist crap, you have more than outted yourself as to what your true intentions here are, no defending yourself now. And by the way, I think people like you and your hatred for anything resembling normal suck.

Kath and Pam-

No reasoning with someone who obviously is so out of touch with reality. Black Justice League my ass!More like the "Black racists all sign up here" thread.

Keeping it real, the way it is-atcha!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 214
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 2:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Black Justice League' Books of the MONTH....For those who want THE TRUTH!

...some great works!

'The African Slave Trade', Basil Davidson.'

'The African Origin of Civilization', Cheikh Anta Diop.

'The Destruction of Black Civilization' Chancellor Williams.

any suggestions of great works regarding the Black experience please post in May roll call.

'BJL' Month of May Roll Call so far....

Commander, 'Zulu Warrior'

LT. Commander, 'D-stylin'

Queen of State, 'Kimistree'

'The_ed'

'Cub'

'Bragaboutme'

'Isiostar'

All members please report ASAP.

DISREGARD THE DISPISER'ERS!

blksoul_atcha!

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5755
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

X I'd also like to add a book entitled "What the Bible REALLY Says About Slavery"

Man it is an eye opener and truth telling piece...

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1736
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oscar Micheaux
Francis Harper
Marlon Riggs - Film "Ethnic Notions"
Melba Boyd "Discarded Legacy" (WSU)

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5756
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh and Stolen Legacy as well...

(sorry my Greek Lettered friends)

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2358
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think my dad was telling me about that book Stylin or one like it, it was interesting.