Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Black members on Detroit Yes roll call! » Archive of Archives » Archive through June 06, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 215
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a work the great retired General Commander 'Rasputin' put me up on!

'The World's Great Men Of Color'
by J.A. Rogers

A great reference book, that will lead you to more research about our true history.

blksoul_atcha!

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 359
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote "I am listed twice" By Cub
Dude, that means your twice as black!

Love ya man

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5784
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah Mayor its pretty deep. It is one of the books that our Org, tends to use to enlighten people about where the true basis of western Knowledge originates. And it even goes deeper into how social, fraternal, and sorority type organizations pledge new members. I mean it was a complete eye opener for me. And it also showed me how some of the BGLO's got it so wrong when they got into the practice of hazing (not sayin all greeks but some chapters and done for dirt).

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12828
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, I think it means he is twice the MAN of everyone on the list.

Seems like he'd never let something like pigmentation become an obstacle, even IF someone else tried to serve it up on him.

A real man of peace working towards community, including everyone. Very strong, indeed.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1260
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yay Cub!

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 1659
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have no fear, I am here.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 221
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

adding Jmil to the BJL May roll call.

Jmil

Asante!

blksoul_atcha!

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1740
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 223
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

adding 'East_detroit' to the BJL roll call...

'East_detroit'

asante

blksoul_atcha!

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3361
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those who dare:

"The Isis Papers" Dr. Frances Cress Welsing
"Yurugu" Marimba Ani

In respective order...

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 224
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zulu...read it 3 times....great read, the 'Isis Papers'.

Chapter 7, What Freud was Really Talking About...the Concept of '____________'

Keeping it real!

blksoul_atcha!

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5794
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 1:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What are those particular publications about?

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 243
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm reading "The Isis Papers" right now, I'll let you know all about it in a couple of days Detroit_stylin.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 225
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

D_stylin, essentially Dr. Francess Cress Welsing analyzes the nature of race...the color line to be exact, as it relates to global racism through a series of her collective essays. Her theories suggest that all activity and behavior enveloped by the global white power system is predicated upon the dynamics of racism.

She uses an 'Einsteinian' approach...(unified field theory)...that is to say, an approach that connects the interconnections of isolated and disconnected behavior energy phenomena in the 'Western' societies.

She talks about the use of the gun as it relates to the white power system and it genetic inferiority...explaining the symbolic meaning of the gun, and why it is necessary for the white power system utilizes control method of the gun.

She talks about the Aids epidemic(or Holocaust as the Dr. calls it) as it relates to the annihilation of the Black man. She speaks in detail about the origin of the disease.

It is a interesting read to say the least...one the may provide some answers to our current day strange behavior patterns.

'Bragaboutme'...I hope you enjoy!

blksoul_atcha!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 227
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'BJL' Month of May Roll Call so far....

Commander, 'Zulu Warrior'

LT. Commander, 'D-stylin'

Queen of State, 'Kimistree'

'The_ed'

'Cub'

'Bragaboutme'

'Isiostar'

'Mayor_sekou'

'East_detroit'

4 days remain in May roll call...

Please disregard the negative talk of the 'dispiser'ers' that wish to label our group in a negative tone.

Please check in ASAP(new members are welcomed)

blksoul_atcha!

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm black at heart, honest. I even been to jail.

Wilkes36
Username: Wilkes36

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey this is Wilkes36 from the Chi. Expatriate Detroiter, writer, activist, black man. Checking in.

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1668
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not quite black yet, but I am spending a lot of time in the sun and darkening nicely.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 230
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Wilkes36 from Chi-town! Our first 'national' member of the BJL

adding 'Wilkes36' to the Black Justice League May roll call.

Asante Wilkes36!

blksoul_atcha!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 236
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

June Roll call for the 'Black Justice League'

Members please check in....

'Blksoul_x' checking in!

Also don't forget this weekend June 6th thru the 8th is The Independent Detroit Black Expo, and 'Buy Black weekend'.

SUPPORT WHAT YOU CAN!...I'll do my part!

http://www.buyblackweekend.com /2008/

blksoul_atcha!

Masterblaster
Username: Masterblaster

Post Number: 174
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I rarely ever check this "Connections" Forum, so I have missed the previous role calls.

Count me in!

Since we have all of these brilliant black minds checking up on this thread periodically, please answer the following questions (I don't know if this question belongs in the "Connections" forum, but...)- how do we stop all the gun violence in the city of Detroit?

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 238
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Masterblaster', welcome to the Black Justice League.

'Masterblaster' checking in!

Asante!

'Masterblaster' has posed an interesting question about gun violence in our Villages, I'm assuming Detroit being the symbolic reference, as to say the Black community...asking, 'How do we stop all the gun violence in the City of Detroit'?

Perhaps it starts from the very top...Government officials that really care about our villages, policies...particularly addressing the entire spectrum of injustices in our villages...schools, jobs, training, economic help, along with creative laws, and the use of high technology to curtail the influx of illegal guns and weaponry into the underground markets.

What do you think?...what are the actual numbers of gun violence in Detroit.

Black people...lets talk!

blksoul_atcha!

Wilkes36
Username: Wilkes36

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wilkes36 checking in from the wonderful windy city. There is a way to cut down on gun violence. Gun control. A nationwide ban on the sale or private possession of handguns would greatly reduce crime in our villages. Give up your guns people.

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 833
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 8:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Re: Frances Cress Wesling

From Wikipedia (take it for what it's worth...)

"Welsing has been criticized for allegedly promoting an overtly racist ideology; in The Isis Papers she postulates that white people are the genetically defective descendants of Albino mutants who had been forcibly expelled from Africa[3]

She has been criticized for claims such as that black male homosexuality is consciously imposed on the Black man by the white man for the purpose of destroying the Black family, that black homosexuality is a sign of weakness and that homosexual patterns of behavior are simply expressions of black male self-submission to other males in the area of sex, as well as in other areas such as economics, education, entertainment, labor, law, politics, religion, and war.[4]"

At a glance this Wesling sounds like a Von Daniken for the black supremacist fringe. Check out Elijah Anderson's "Code of the Street" for real science on the subject.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3372
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zulu Warrior checking in...

Have a Happy Obama Day!

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 264
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brag checkin' in

The Question may be best described as a conundrum. To me there is no answer to Gun Violence. The Question should In my Opinion be when will our young people seize the opportunities that are presented to them, and understand that the world is bigger than the street they grew up on.

The only way we as a Village (community) can evolve is to always re-invest time, money, education about self, ect. to make sure what was started can continue.

There was and still is value left in our community, this gun play that is going on has risen since the early 80's because of the drug trade, and there is no end in sight. So as far as the violence ending I wouldn't put to much faith in that. The powers that be put the drug trade in our community, but thats a whole nother topic.

Detroitking
Username: Detroitking

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Newest member looking for work in the Black Justice League.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 240
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome our newest BJL member 'Detroitking'!

Asante' 'Detroitking'

blksoul_atcha!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 241
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Craig posted...
quote:

From Wikipedia (take it for what it's worth...)

"Welsing has been criticized for allegedly promoting an overtly racist ideology; in The Isis Papers she postulates that white people are the genetically defective descendants of Albino mutants who had been forcibly expelled from Africa[3]

She has been criticized for claims such as that black male homosexuality is consciously imposed on the Black man by the white man for the purpose of destroying the Black family, that black homosexuality is a sign of weakness and that homosexual patterns of behavior are simply expressions of black male self-submission to other males in the area of sex, as well as in other areas such as economics, education, entertainment, labor, law, politics, religion, and war.[4]"

At a glance this Wesling sounds like a Von Daniken for the black supremacist fringe. Check out Elijah Anderson's "Code of the Street" for real science on the subject.

In sista' Welsings' on words.....Hear it for yourself.

The Black Justice League introduces (drum roll)...Dr. Francis Cress Welsing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HtjQA4zlcAM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HJalF8SD3XM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gHXQRElrAC8

blksoul_atcha!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 243
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Updated June 'Black Justice League' roll-call check in.

First off, blessings to our Prophet...'Rasputin'

Commander, 'Zulu Warrior'

'Blksoul_x'

'Masterblaster'

'Bragaboutme'

Wilkes36'

'Detroitking'

Lt. Commander 'D-style' where ya' at?

All members, please check in ASAP(new members are welcomed)

blksoul_atcha!