Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Black members on Detroit Yes roll call! » Archive of Archives » Archive through June 25, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 596
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I'm sorry that I broke up your Black Pant....uh, Black Justice League party".

Kimistree-

Thanks for the clarification. This time it was much better than last, and using Wiki really convinced me that I was wrong about what I read and was being called. I always appreciate it when someone answers my questions, too, so that way I might learn something about what I'm asking. You answered all of my queries so well that I don't need any further clarification!

The wheels really came off this "thread" and the supposed explanation of why black folks felt the need to do this when you began citing the racist vomit of books that we should all read, as though educating yourselves in that bs is going to get you anywhere. And the Very Honorable Louis Farakahann? You complain about racists and racism, yet you consider him honorable?

He is one of the most vile human beings that has ever had the opportunity to spew his message of hatred for all people other than blacks, so how can you say that you abhor racism when you are touting him as your idol? Give me a break!

Take your thread back. Drive the wedge of separatism, insist on sowing the seeds of division. Remember, you reap what you sow. The harvest will always be a bitter on for you, I guess....

I don't want to be associated with the hatred here anymore.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4158
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Whitey can't even live safely or happily in the city,

Not true.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2434
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny the other day I was listening to a great aunt talk about how it was unofficially illegal for black people to congregate back in the day out of fear that too many negros in one spot was never a good thing. So if there were groups of 4 or more the police would, I suppose, arrest or make the group disperse. Now mind you my great aunt is in her mid 80's so if this happened it happened a while ago, way down in the south.

Interestingly I am noticing the same effect here on this thread. Too many black folk congregating even digitally is causing all kinds of uproar amongst "others". I imagine if some had their way this thread would have ended a long time ago.

Why is that? Is that "too many negroes in spot can never amount to any good" attitude prevalent even today? This thread for the most part is pretty harmless, nothing really happens. Its not like some are on here plotting the revolution, just monthly roll calls and last time I checked a discussion about African American literature. So what is the issue?

Bigglenlake
Username: Bigglenlake

Post Number: 81
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good post Mayor. Interesting questions too. It's cool to listen to those old stories sometimes isn't it? Think about the changes and events your aunt has seen in her lifetime. Makes me wonder what the heck we will all be seeing by the end of our own trips.

(Message edited by bigglenlake on June 12, 2008)

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 901
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im not about to read through all the previous posts, but Im curious, How much black do you have to have in you to be considered BLACK? As I understand, I have some black heritage in me from WAAAY back, is that enough. whose the judge?
Is there some paperwork to fill out, a skin color chart to determine if you are truly black? Does anyone know of any good lawyers that can prove that I have enough black in me to consider myself a black person.

Bigglenlake
Username: Bigglenlake

Post Number: 84
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Self Identify man.

Django

Post Number: 908
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess Im just a pasty white dude then.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 4482
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I personally don't care who has a monthly "check in" thread, I haven't fit into any that have started yet though - I feel excluded.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1287
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about the "Do You Feel Excluded" thread? :-)

Pcasey
Username: Pcasey

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PCasey, representing!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8982
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a person raised in SW Detroit and Downriver, I felt excluded from the Eastside nostalgia threads.

C'mon, there is plenty of room here for various subgroups to have their own threads if they wish.

I found this thread to be no more offensive, than any others of specialized interest

Hell, I read my friend, Gannon's posts on audio-visual installations and my eyes glaze over as I find myself totally lost in the minutia.

Yet, I read with great interest the Urban Garden thread, but I also understand others would prefer to stab themself in the eye before the would pick up a rake .

Read it or don't, just as I pick and choose the magazines on the rack, generally, I wouldn't pick up a Jet but if it comes to picking it up and reading it at my friends house while he's on the phone, I've gained information, I'd probably have never been exposed to.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 256
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Updated June 'Black Justice League' roll-call check in.

Honorary Commander, 'Rasputin'

Commander, 'Zulu Warrior'

Queen of State, 'Kimistree'

Secretary of War, 'Blksoul_x'

'Masterblaster'

'Bragaboutme'

'Wilkes36'

'Detroitking'

'East_detroit'

'Cub'

'Pcasey' (Welcome to the BJL!)

'Mayor_sekou'

'Isiostar'

Please continue to check in!

Pay no attention to all the despiser'ers as they are mocking our brilliance...to be sure,
'they' can't help themselves, it's in 'their' DNA!__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1308
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No one is mocking anything. It's good for everyone to have a group to belong to.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2408
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahem, someone forgot to add me to the list! :-(

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 257
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry 'D-rise', we didn't see you sneak in the back door...we will have to address our security team.

adding 'D-rise' to the 'Black Justice League' June roll call.

'Detroitrise' checking in!

blksoul_atcha!

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5818
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ummmmm Mr X you forgot me again bruh....

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 165
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me too!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 258
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LT. Commander, 'Detroit_stylin' added to the June Check in!....My bad D!

'Yooper', Checking in! (Welcome to the BJL)

I see roll call is getting deeper each month...way to represent Black people!

blksoul_atcha!

Django

Post Number: 996
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django

Witeback_atcha (inna Elmer Fudd type voice)

Sorry, couldnt resist^^, but I hardly "despise" you all, To be perfectly honest, I have a love for all of you. Blk_x, even if you are a separatist. To despise you would be to separate all we have to offer eachother as humans. Im all down with individual groups gettin together but the whole militant thing doesnt play so well with what we shold have together as a people.

Wilkes36
Username: Wilkes36

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Family,
If you want to see Stevie Wonder and not pay anything, come to the Taste of Chicago on Friday, June 28 and see him for free. The show is at 5:30 PM (Central Time) at Grant Park. Also we have Chaka Khan and Angie Stone on June 27 at 5:30 PM (Central Time). The best concert I ever saw was Stevie Wonder in 1984 at the Masonic Temple. The show was recorded for Showtime. I remember him playing for three hours with a short break. I was on my feet dancing from start to finish. If you are coming, let me know and I'll buy you a beer.

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LaDia, signing in.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 259
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Wilkes36', thanx for the information. I'm a big fan of Stevie Wonder's music...'Living in the City' is my all time fav'. I would love to visit Chi-Town and the Taste of Chicago, but I have other plans on that date...perhaps you can keep us informed on the 'happenings' in Chicago...I frequent Chi-Town a few times out of the year.

Also, let the BJL know about some of the Black owned businesses in the Chicago area. The next time I'm over that way, I can support our people!

blksoul_atcha!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 260
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'LaDia' has signed in!
quote:

LaDia, signing in.

Another Black Queen has been added to our Kingdom...Welcome to the Black Justice League!

LaDia added to the June roll-call!

Asante' sistah!

blksoul_atcha!

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 506
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ladia, very pretty handle.

Detroitking
Username: Detroitking

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Cub the Black Justice League isn't a dating league. LOL :-)

Don't hit on her too soon you might scare her away.

So LaDia, what up baby?

(Message edited by detroitking on June 24, 2008)

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 508
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lol! Detroitking.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5835
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You all have issues bruh...

Detroitking
Username: Detroitking

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stylin don't be a hater because Cub beat to the punch.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5836
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL DK

Colgatesmile
Username: Colgatesmile

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smiley Checkin' in