Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » PAGING: Django » Archive through November 19, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 2150
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am heading to the Miami tonite with a friend at about 7 if anyone wants or needs an excuse to have some beers. Please no "fest" though, just havin some drinks.

I just confirmed my flight for Tuesday morn.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 933
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django- do you need a ride to the airport? I go that way every day around 6 am

Django

Post Number: 2153
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually I do, Ive got a 7:45 flight and need to be there about an hour and a half early so that would be perfect if you could do that on Tuesday morn. WOW, what luck. Im taking that as a good omen.

Servite76
Username: Servite76

Post Number: 110
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, I don't know you, but I've followed alot of your post's. I wish you the best.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2120
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 7:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, I'm sorry, when I read Miami I thought Miami not The Miami, ... thought you were heading out to Florida, then catching another flight to Mexico.

Is there a meet-up this evening, Monday Nov. 17, 2008? If there is, an address would be cool.

Django

Post Number: 2155
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ill be at the Old Miami again tonite between 7:30-8:00pm. Come on up and have a can o beer. The Old Miami is on Cass a half block North of Selden..

(Message edited by django on November 17, 2008)

Pgn421

Post Number: 934
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django- Take it easy, dont be out too late. Metro Cars will be picking you up at 6 am.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2124
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will try to stop by.

Alfie1a
Username: Alfie1a

Post Number: 82
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey Django,

Are you leaving Detroit for good? I've never addressed you personally but i've read many of your comments and always find them interesting. I've always felt that you're someone I could sit and toss back a few pints with.

anyways...good luck to ya. safe travels.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 304
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django,

I enjoyed your "Life in the Hood" series and thank you for your part in trying to bridge the gap.

Have a safe trip.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 914
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many blessings to you, Django.

Please tell us you plan to return.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1693
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Post pictures from your travels!

Django

Post Number: 2156
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pgn, OMG, you bought me a ride. I just texted you five minutes ago because I was so busy all day (besides havin a few drinks with Gnome) I forgot to confirm with you when you would be picking me up. How awesome is this???, except for the fact that I dont get a ride with you b4 I leave.

I testify here and now, WHAT A COOL F*CKING NETWORK OF PPL IVE COME ACROSS HERE ON THE YES.

THANK YOU Pat, Gannon for the couch, Gnome for the honesty and creativity that seems to push its way out of you. Okay, I could go on and on but Ill be typin on here tomorrow probably a few miles further away. Im gonna find a nice cantina with wireless and be asking you all whats going on up here. Technology brought us together and thats not changing, Ill just be tellin "Stories from South the Border" and thank the good lord Ill have all you to keep me sane by writing in english without me having to pull out my Spanish dictionary and book of curse words.

Ive never had so many ppl say such nice things, I hope you all never meet my ex and hear the truth. (semi LOL)

Im a little buzzed and probably a little dramatic right now. Ill leave it at that.

Django

Post Number: 2157
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I cant believe Metro Cars is pickin me up, how f*cking cool.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 969
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stay safe D.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2856
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy trails, Django.

Pgn421

Post Number: 937
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, made it safely to the airport this a.m.

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 421
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pgn421, Ah good, thanks for letting us know that. Much appreciated.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 9667
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

New rocks to stack!

Vaya con dios and watch out for the Federales.

:-)

Pgn421

Post Number: 939
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams- Hows it going at Forans?

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 4014
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's times like this I wish I was a guy with nothing to hold me back. I coulda been Django's sidekick in this latest adventure! hummmm...

jus' an old broad day dreamin' here :-)

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 970
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL! Hi Eriedearie. How are you and the family/

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 919
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PGN, that was awesome of you to send Metro Cars for Django. Biiig hug from me.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14813
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He WAS the 'metro' car this morning!

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1634
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to FB...he's in Phoenix after missing a couple of flights...

Eriedearie

Post Number: 4016
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

- hey Cub! Family's good. Sitting here all bundled up trying to stay warm; while Django's gone where the sun keeps shining...he'll get his bad self some 'lil señorita to fan him and keep him cool in his cabana, eh? :-)

Hope to get over your way on Friday or so. I'll email you for sure when we'll be there.

Hi Django! Have a shot of Tequila for me!

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 276
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 3:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about sending me a shipment of Mexican Coca Cola? Can't find it here in Minnesota. Seriously...I hope you continue to post here frequently and that your Baja experience is a great. Just watch your back (front and sides, too). There's goodies and baddies where ever you go.

It has been a pleasure reading your posts..especially those about your experiences with the nut case across the street from you. Best wishes for a happy forever.

Django

Post Number: 2158
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, Im now here in Mazaltlan after a not so bad busride with air con. Just seteling into a cheap hotel $15us until I either find a cheap room by the month or move on south. The beaches are beautiful, theres no damn snow, Im gonna say that again THERES NO DAMN SNOW, the people have been amazing. My neighbor offered me her sister or something for like 50 cents, that was interesting. Ive taken a few bad pics and will try and post some on FB when I find a wi fi spot. Im using an internet cafe now and everythings in spanish so Im havin a hard time.

I dont think shipping mexi coke up would be $$wise but if anyone needs anything else let me know and Ill keep my eye out. Shipping is fairly cheap I believe but its by weight of course.

I really wanted to post a pic of me on the beach with a cerveza negra in hand w a large breasted beauty but that hasnt happened yet.

Pgn421

Post Number: 945
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django- Glad you made it safely! Keep in touch.

Eriedearie

Post Number: 4026
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad you posted Django - I was concerned since we had not heard anything yet. Have a wonderful time, and thanks for the reminder that there is no damn snow where you are! LOL -

Oh yeah, say hello to Jose' for me! :-)