Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » PAGING: Django » Archive through November 29, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 2161
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh snap, Did I mention, THERES NO SNOW HERE.

sorry to rub it in, maybe itll get some of you all down here to give me some company.

Sorry to make three posts, this puter shut down twice on me while trying to post.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2937
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, we both stand corrected.......

Gnome - "As a girl who worked for the most painful law firm in the city"

Sometimes the anonymity can throw us off.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2150
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BigB, maybe two years ago, ErieDearie told us the name of the law firm in which she labored. I made the quip you cited, ... but don't feel it's my place to say the name of the firm.

If Erie wants to tell us the name, you will get the joke, and as a result, listening to WDET will never be the same again.

Again, if Erie tells you the name, you will also understand why I can't make any photoshop 'funnies'.

It's good to hear Django is going fine, except for a case of the "OMG not agains."

Bigb23

Post Number: 2940
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"most painful law firm in the city"

Dewey, Screwem, & Howe, LLP ?

Ouch.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 806
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It wasn't Weiner and Cox was it?
http://www.weinercox.com/
That law firm was referred to my husband by Sam Bernstein.
There is also a doctor in Madison Heights names Seymour Weiner. I considered changing my husbands PCP to him, but went with the WSU doctor instead. Why would you do that to your child?
http://www.healthgrades.com/di rectory_search/physician/profi les/dr-md-reports/Dr-Seymour-W einer-DO-6853EE45.cfm
yes, sometimes I am easily amused.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 428
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Sometimes the anonymity can throw us off.

Gnome, I think Bigb23's comment above referred to you saying, "As a girl who worked for the most painful law firm in the city, I could...", which reads as if you are a female.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2152
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah! yes, D.L., I see what the confusion was all about. Since my comment was intended as an inside joke to ErieD, I didn't consider everyone else. I'll try to be better.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 950
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django- Hows it going senor?

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4889
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Travel tip-apparently you can move into the Mexico City airport and not get thrown out:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_tra vel/20081121/ap_tr_ge/lt_trave l_brief_mexico_living_at_airpo rt

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 4055
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HA HA HA HA HA HA! No, not Dewey, Screwem, & Howe, LLP, or Weiner and Cox!

Gnome is referring to an Intellectual Property Law Firm that advertises on WDET.

I'll wait and see if I get anymore guesses before I reveal the name - LOL

And yeah! Django - wazzzz up dude? Let us hear from you.

Django

Post Number: 2164
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its all good here. still a little under the weather and having a hell of a time with my spanish.

Sorry im so short, Im in an internet cafe and I hate these places. Im used to sitting at home with some beers not in a room full of people with fluorecent lights above.

Its all good though.

PGN I dont believe I thanked you for the ride. I had been up all nite packing and was pretty loaded. I got hit by every security personell in the airport, It was hilarious.

Pgn421

Post Number: 952
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django- you are most welcome. Let me know when and If you return to D town. I will have Metro Cars waiting to pick you up. Sorry about the security at the airport. You havent missed a thing here. Its Snowing as i speak! Have a happy thanksgiving! Get some beer and a senorita!!!

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1710
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, don't forget the Ram Dass mantra:
"Be here now"

Don't worry about not connecting here. Everyone will wait :-)- right guys?

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6813
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, living the good life... I just got back from Mexico yesterday. I was however on the Caribbean side.

Lots of Gringos down there...

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14820
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny that, Django, you are nearly a caricature of their security stereotype...yet SO not a threat to anyone besides yourself.

Have a great time, my friend!

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 965
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to agree with that, Gannon. I didn't realize, until the other day, that Django was Django. I thought fishtoes2000 was Django.

If it makes Django feel better, I'm always, always, ALWAYS, stopped by security. Thing is, I'm just an old, white-haired woman.

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 256
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harness, Dickey and Pierce?

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 4065
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^BINGO^^^

Pgn421

Post Number: 960
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django- Happy Thanksgiving to you. Hope you are having fun!

Django

Post Number: 2165
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zarks hit it on the head.

I tell ya, I was havin a bitch of a time this first week. depressed and tired, I almost packed it in and headed back with my tail between my legs but last nite I made a friend, he helped me find a new place ($25 a week), we went out to a local bar and had a great time. I woke up went to the beach cabana where this guy works and had a corona, found a wireless link (unfortunately wasnt able to post here for some reason), sent some e mails, took off my workboots that I constantly wear and got my toes in the sand. It was like the clouds parted. I walked for a few miles with the wind humming over my bottle. It was a fantastic day.

Just want to thank you all for keeping in touch, you have no idea how much it meant. Anyway...

Turkey Days upon us and I hope you all have a great one.

Gannon, yeah I always get stopped by security, They love to snap thoes rubber gloves on as loudly as they can just to see if you jump. I was just short of being x rayed comming back from thailand once, luckily I was clean that trip.

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 1124
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ahhh django, so happy things are working out. have a good thanksgiving and we'll be thinkin' about ya. keep those work boots off...they ain't gonna do ya no good down there!!

Pgn421

Post Number: 964
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django- Hows it going?

Bigb23

Post Number: 3027
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django - smoke one for me.

Django

Post Number: 2171
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just found a kickass place two blocks from the beach for $150 a month. It seems to be a large house for several families to live in. Its in need of work but nothing serious, I cant believe I found such a great deal. Im starting to settle in. I can now roam freely without constantly looking for a bano. Its pretty much like thoes Corona comercials on TV.

I was swimming the other day and and started talking to an older lady, come to find out she graduated from Cooley in 63. I wrote down this site for her, well see if she pops up here.

The more gringos I talk to the more I hear about Mazatlan being sort of a boom town right now with the economy up North and all. Lotsa retires. They all figure if they have to live on a pension or whatever, they mind as well do it on the cheap, in a georgous place to boot.

One observation I have is the lack of real addiction to cocaine down here. Thats never been my thing, Bigb, I really dont even smoke anymore, but the amount of coke available is amazing and cheap, but you dont see any zombies walkin around like Detroit. Their ghetto is a joke, I wouldnt even known it was a ghetto if someone hadnt told me that was their version.

Well, I got plenty of room if anybody wants to stop by.

Bigb23

Post Number: 3032
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django - with the way things are like up here, I just might say screw it, Mazatlan or whatever, here I come.

Send some pics here.

Django

Post Number: 2173
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ill pick you up at the airport.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 987
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honey, you might find a pasty-skinned, old white-haired lady standing on your doorstep one day. I'm sick of this cold weather. I'll be carrying a suitcase and a bottle of 100+ sun block.

*hug*

Django

Post Number: 2175
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring it Dodger

Django

Post Number: 2177
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dinner

Boone Dog

The most important Ppl in my life right now, my bartender and cooks

My spot.

My new diggs.

My new office.

Regular policia

Shot of Old Mazatlan.

My camera sucks. Its a cheap JVC camcorder that takes bad stills. But you get the idea. Old Mazatlan is really kickass. I think I mentioned earlier that I lived there but no, I was wrong. Im just outside by a 1/2 mile.

Django

Post Number: 2178
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Old Mazatlan.

Django Boone Dog