Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Ceiling canopies\swag for hall « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 733
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fiance is racking her brain trying to find a company that does ceiling canopies\swag (at least I think that's what they are called) for the wedding reception hall. they look something like this photo. Anybody ever have this done? recommend any companies, web sites??

swag

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7651
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 7:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would ask the guys at Blumz. If they can't do it, I suspect they know who can.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7652
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.blumz.com

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PARTY WORKS, INC. Livonia 734 462-6465

Elegance and Ivy Event Decorating Adrian 517 436-6445

It's Your Destiny Flint 810 785-7513

Lavish Events, LLC. Southfield 313 350-1295

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1864
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dollar a yard fabric from the store. I do it for Halloween. Add the little clear lights, and ta-da! Maybe it would cost more than having someone else do it, but it's worth mentioning. Then you'll have the fabric for future decorating uses. Always handy.

You could even borrow the lights from your friends and relatives. Free rocks!

Detroit_uke
Username: Detroit_uke

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raptor - first of all - Congrats and many blessings on your upcoming nuptuals!! Now - for canopies, wedding supplies, etc - go to stumpsprom.com ask them for a catalog. They sell every decoration imaginable. Ask for their catalog. They are very easy to work with. They have everything! And the catalog - wow!!!

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1865
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will not visit that site, I will not visit that site, I will not visit that site, I will not visit that site, I will not visit that site, I will not visit that site, I will not visit that site, I will not visit that site, I will not visit that site, I will not visit that site, I will not visit that site.....

:-)

Detroit_uke
Username: Detroit_uke

Post Number: 38
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, sure Kathi...seems you don't like Stumps Prom. I bought from them for over 10 years and never had a problem. You may also want to try Shindigz. They have a web-site. The "material" you want to use for a canopy, etc. is called gossamer. You can get 100 yards for about $200. Good luck to you.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3869
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please...be sure to check for fire retardant treatment.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1868
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, Detroit_uke, I meant that I would probably LOVE that site, so I can't even THINK of visiting it. Things I want and can't buy, it's so sad!

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 312
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try http://www.displaygroup.com/v2 .0/index.php

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.