Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Please post your personal attacks here only. » Archive through February 05, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 908
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since many of you have felt the need to attack me personally, I would like to provide you a place to "vent".

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3448
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha. :-)

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1186
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can we get immunity from bannings for posts on this thread? If so, I've got quite a backlog of unposted insults for a lot of people on this board.

Think about it, Lowell. This could be fun.

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 78
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nooo... take it to the Board That Must Not Be Named.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1711
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our own "Airing Of The Grievances".

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3720
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, an entire thread about you? Someone thinks mighty highly of himself...

But even still, you are a Non-Detroit issue.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1712
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, it should probably be moved to the "connections" section.

Savannah
Username: Savannah

Post Number: 107
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A festivus for the restuvus

Retroit

Post Number: 910
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So Ihearthed thinks that you must live in Detroit to post on this forum?

Is that correct?

Little_mike
Username: Little_mike

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

" Our own "Airing Of The Grievances". "

Next comes the Physical Challenge!

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 3053
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not as a place to attack any one poster, but as a general "shooting gallery" complete with immunity for the assailants, this is an idea with legs.
Legs whose kneecaps will probably be blown to smithereens by Our Moderator.

Ptero
Username: Ptero

Post Number: 189
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

somebody sucks. could be anybody... ;)

Raj313
Username: Raj313

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can we please just stick to verbal assaults on Kwame and Mat Millen?

Bearinabox

Post Number: 1187
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

So Ihearthed thinks that you must live in Detroit to post on this forum?

Is that correct?

Somehow I doubt that, since Iheartthed lives out of state. I think that post just meant that you being attacked by a lot of people on here isn't an issue directly pertaining to Detroit, and doesn't belong on the "Discuss Detroit" side of the forum.

Bearinabox

Post Number: 1188
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Can we please just stick to verbal assaults on Kwame and Mat Millen?

I suppose I could use "Kwame" and "Matt Millen" as pseudonyms for the posters I actually feel like attacking...:-)

Retroit

Post Number: 912
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for the clarification, Bearinabox. The only forum I post in is Discuss Detroit, so this seemed the appropriate place. However, I would not be opposed to it being moved somewhere else. If it is, I will not be responding to it however. Which may actually be the best use for it!

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3597
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about City Official A?

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6110
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Retroit... I usually don't say anything against you in your postings... but you do sometimes have a tendency to shoot from the hip without giving your remarks a lot of though. And since you started a thread that asks WHY?... I thought I would give you the courtesy of a reply.

Contrary to what the socially challenged folks "on that other thread" say, there are quite a few very sophisticated posters here, and they will call people out when they're wrong.

Case in point... here's a post of yours today on the KK's mommy paying for his private flight to Dallas thread... you said...

quote:

Way to go Detroit (& Grosse Pointe) voters! Keep feeding the mouth that bites you.

With a post like that, you're surprised that people attack you??

First of all...

1) Grosse Pointers generally vote Republican, so CCK has never gotten their vote.

2) If Mary Waters and Martha Scott had not BOTH been in Democratic race against CCK in the primary this past August, they would NOT have split the anti-Kilpatrick vote, and one of them would have MORE THAN LIKELY won the Democratic primary, and went on to win against a guaranteed Republican loser in November... and we wouldn't even have been having that KK mommy discussion.

But sometimes you just make hasty generalized remarks, and then get surprised when folks attack you.

I welcome your input, and don't want you to get frustrated by thinking everyone here is out to attack everyone. But sometimes all of us just need to think before we hit that SEND key.

Hell, I post only about 80% of what I type... the other 20% of the time I ask myself "why bother"... and will delete my post before I even hit the send key.

Just typing your gut reactions here may often get you in trouble... so thinking about things before you hit that send key may work for you as it does me...

Respectfully,
Gistok

Bearinabox

Post Number: 1194
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Hell, I post only about 80% of what I type... the other 20% of the time I ask myself "why bother"... and will delete my post before I even hit the send key.

Interesting. I think I post about 30% of what I type.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1081
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sage advice Gistok. I post approximately 30% of my various thoughts. If angry or emotional, wait until that sensation passes and re-author from scratch. If flippant, don't post it. If wavering or uncertain about my position, leave it be (don't post). Or, ask questions to better understand the topic and positions/ideas stated thusfar. Lastly, always be prepared to support any challenged assertation. Oh, and PS, it is never personal.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1863
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Hell, I post only about 80% of what I type... the other 20% of the time I ask myself "why bother"... and will delete my post before I even hit the send key."

Haha, me too! I just deleted a sentence here! Uh, oh, here comes another......

I'm the fastest backspacer in the midwest.

Bearinabox

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Arkansas is in the Midwest? Granted, I've never been there, but Bill Clinton and that Huckleberry guy sure don't sound midwestern to me.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1900
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Without allowing unregulated capitalist greed to permeate all corners of society, we will all become slaves.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9336
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I unclog my nose in your direction, sons of a window dresser. I wave my private parts at your aunties, you cheesy-leather, second-hand, electric donkey bottom biters. I burst my pimples at you, you tiny brained wipers of other peoples' bottoms. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person! I blow my nose at you, you empty headed animal food trough water! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Servite76
Username: Servite76

Post Number: 153
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hell, I don't no what I post most of the time. I start to type...my beers empty...go get another one...where was I? Lost my thought...wonder where Sean went...what other thread's did I post drivel on...Is Gannon as cool as he seems?...did Django really live in that bad of an area?...and is he really having sex with old mexican women with saggy breast's? You get my point?
Johnlodge, your last post was priceless!!

Davemarc
Username: Davemarc

Post Number: 158
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now go or I shall taunt you a second time....

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 6514
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

French Taunting - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

French Taunting - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 6515
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Er, I should add I didn't mean to direct that Monty Python clip against Retroit. It seems to me more of an analog for the way certain Detroit-related websites try to "conquer" each other and ultimately fail in the most humiliating way.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2189
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haters 101: http://www.ehow.com/how_444776 6_deal-with-haters.html

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2633
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol, so what you have e-haters? And what do they hate on pray tell?