Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Atlas bottling company « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bottleboy
Username: Bottleboy

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recently acquired a wooden crate with 24 atlas
club soda bottles in it. Any info on the company
would be appreciated.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you break into Eph's or something?

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 3754
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/168820.html?1232664842

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/76017/75336.html

:-)

4oranges
Username: 4oranges

Post Number: 23
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you plan on doing with that there crate full of soda bottles?

Bottleboy
Username: Bottleboy

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no no bearinabox, no criminal activity with this one, got it the legal way. bought it at an antique shop in VA. thanks Bigb23 for the info, must have been quite a special company. 4oranges;
mebane auction has a country store auction in august that will probably handle this for me. thanks to all...

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8985
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh, Bearinabox.

One of my favorite stories, among the tonnage of 'em I've collected since jumping on Histeric's treadmill down at Eph's, is of an older gent and his grandchild who dropped in during a bus layover for a quick meal.

Grandad was VERY tight-lipped, but polite. He was quite uncomfortable, and I tried to accomodate him best I could. Everything was for his grandchild, he wouldn't even touch the glass of water I set out for him unrequested.

Then he looked around the joint a bit. I saw him straighten up quickly, enough for the younger generation to notice...and I was within earshot when they asked what the matter was...and he caught the pause in my step.

He looked me straight on and said he was their first black truck driver in the 50s. I was flabbergasted to meet such a man of history, and told him so.

His demeanor changed immediately, and welcomed me to sit and hear some of his stories...it truly was a special moment in Eph's.

I just might have to write a book...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.