Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Recent Threads/Posts « Previous Next »
Archive through February 21, 2009Jcole30 02-21-09  11:15 pm
Archive through February 26, 2009Downtown_lady30 02-26-09  12:49 pm
Archive through February 27, 2009Sean_of_detroit30 02-27-09  11:50 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1827
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I am called out for lying = "Seriously guys, I'm just messing with him". I guess we shouldn't be expecting any proof to back up your bullshit, then?

JL, any way we could get rabbits thrown into the mix? I'd do it myself, but I don't want to compromise the integrity of your work.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 5076
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

JL, any way we could get rabbits thrown into the mix?

Now, you're feuding with bunnies?! You have crossed the line Ched.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1557
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, let's have a meetup!

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1828
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Hey, let's have a meetup!

Sure. Everyone will be there except for SOD. He probably won't show up.

No, Pam I was thinking more along the lines of...

Cheddar Bob-----likes more than people--->rabbits (and animals in general).

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2428
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Priceless JL, love the bathroom attendant, I had forgotten all about the secret connection btw the Warren Commission, 9/11 and the Illuminati.

Don't forget the salt mine tunnels with the secret entrance under the DAC.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2335
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep telling yourself that Cheddar. I think we need to hang up this feud until we actually meet.

Actually, when does FSC usually come off hiatus? I said I'd be up for it in March, though no bars unless it has a rooftop deck.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1561
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Then choose the location. A Thursday night. We'll be there.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1562
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...although I must say, Sean, the way your posts have read of late, I prefer a place with beer. I'll need it, Kiddo.

betterhalf, too.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4061
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess this is an off thread request, but does anybody remember the tunnels of Mt. Clemens under the streets ? I used to work at the Cloverleaf and found more than a couple related to an upstairs apartment. Were they Purple related ?

And I have researched.

Ok - back to the back biting.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5951
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure, Big, but weren't those tunnels to do with the mineral baths that were so popular over in Mt. Clemens for many years?
There is no mention of tunnels in the above article, but it's interesting nonetheless.
quote:

Q. I have heard that downtown Mount Clemens had an underground network of tunnels that was used by Twenties-era gangsters and rumrunners. Is this true?

A. Not really. The facts about the tunnels under Mount Clemens have been romanticized and exaggerated a bit over time. An inspection of the Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps for Mount Clemens in August, 1921, indicates three separate tunnels in the downtown area. These were service tunnels built by the bath houses to allow access from the main buildings to the wells and pump houses. One tunnel crossed S. Front St. (now known as Northbound Gratiot) just south of Cass Avenue, and connected the Medea Bath House to its mineral water tanks and pump houses. Another connected the main building of St. Joseph's Sanitarium (now St. Joseph's Mercy Hospital-East) with the well house and mineral water tanks located elsewhere on the Sanitarium's property. The third tunnel belonged to the Colonial Hotel, and ran from the west side of the main bath house across Greiner to the mineral well and coal houses. In addition to these three, evidence was found in 1972 that a tunnel or cellar existed south of Cass near the Clinton River for cold storage of beer produced by the Mount Clemens Brewing Company. Although it is entirely possible that these tunnels may have been visited by a few colorful characters of the Roaring Twenties, the tunnels did not really constitute an underground network for criminal activity, but were merely service passageways for local businesses.

This is from Libcoop.com

Bigb23

Post Number: 4064
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

" service passageways for local businesses".

Okay

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9500
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Pam

Post Number: 5074

Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 10:14 am:

Good first step JL, but I think there is more material for additional charts.

Bigb23

Post Number: 4065
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the download JL.

Pam

Post Number: 5077
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wrong JL, I only like your photoshop skills.
(I was referring to more feud material anyway.)

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 3098
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, Johnlodge, watch it!!

Don't make me have to rip you a new pot-hole.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 9501
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just trying to maximize the obnoxiousness.

Bigb23

Post Number: 4076
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Just trying to maximize the obnoxiousness.

That's all I've got.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9067
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I defer to the bunnies as well, so they should absolutely be the anchor of the org chart.

Ol' Douglas was close, it wasn't the rats after all...the bunnies really run the show, er, experiment here on earth.

Why the hell do you think we pay homage to them every springtime?!

Cheers

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1833
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe this could be the collaborative graphic art project Jimaz was thinking of in some other thread. A massive DY flow chart like this where people just keep adding pieces.

4oranges
Username: 4oranges

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When DOES FSC come off haitus? I would like to meet you people and raise a pint for sure. I know the perfect place....no drinking on the roof but who wants to do that in March anyway?

4oranges
Username: 4oranges

Post Number: 27
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not to belabor the point either, but holy hell JL - I laughed out loud at that chart! It got me a cold stink-eye from the crabby lady quietly sipping her coffee a couple tables over. Whatver, lady. It's a bookstore, not a library.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 9505
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Maybe this could be the collaborative graphic art project Jimaz was thinking of in some other thread. A massive DY flow chart like this where people just keep adding pieces.

That would be cool, by my graphic alone exhausted the 550 x 550 pixel limit. So you'd have to figure a way around that one.

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1991
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The baths at St. Joe's are closed to the public. I tried to get a tour while I was on rotation there, but they weren't going for it.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1846
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

4oranges, I saw your post on the research thread and I was going to reply to it. I didn't want to threadjack it because I didn't want to listen to Royce come in bitching about people changing the topic, while inherently changing the topic himself.

I think SOD has capitulated, under the intense hostilities. His offer to meet up on a rooftop deck, was puzzling. Or stupid, depends on the way you look at it.

So Pam has a crush on Johnlodge, huh?

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 960
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 3:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good thing for all of you. I have a computer curfew tonight.

Pam

Post Number: 5084
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

So Pam has a crush on Johnlodge, huh?

Only in his imagination.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 9547
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine was going to beat me up for eyeballin' his woman. I hear he is like Sam Elliot or something so I surrender.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 9548
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Move it along, pardner... Move it along."

Pam

Post Number: 5085
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Ravine was going to beat me up for eyeballin' his woman.

Another figment of your imagination.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1847
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is bullshit. The perfect picture to post in this situation is from the movie "Mask" where Sam Elliot is wearing the black T-shirt that say "Mustache Rides". I can't find it on the internets and I don't believe there is a way I can grab a still of it from my DVR. What a waste.

And before anyone rips on me for having "Mask" on my DVR, fuck you it's one of the top 25 movies ever.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 9552
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Almost!

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1848
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was just getting ready to post that very pic, JL.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JL, I think Pam's crush on you was just compromised.

Pam

Post Number: 5086
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do your sig. others know you guys have a crush on Sam Elliot?

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1850
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't speak for JL, but I try to keep my homoerotic fantasies to myself.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 9556
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't think of anything funny to add. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.