Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Black members on Detroit Yes roll call! » Archive through February 10, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 589
Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To you and yours as well and the same for all, enjoy the New Year and I pray that there will be many more to come. Brag checkin' in for the 09'!

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 1255
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unyaka Omusha Osasayo! Happy New Year!

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 580
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

firstandten checkin in

Happy New year to you and yours

We are ALL goin to do fine in this.. the 09

Isiostar
Username: Isiostar

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey everyone

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 418
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy New Year Black Justice League!

I have been away for a few days (Down South), simply chill'n and catching up on some needed relaxing reading. (Man I needed that!)

It's good to be back in the village, and to check in with my brothas' and sistas' of the BJL.

Updated January 09' Black Justice League roll call...

So far we have....

Honorary Commander, 'Rasputin'

Commander, 'Zulu Warrior'

LT Commander, 'Detroit_Stylin'

Secretary of War, 'Blksoul_x'

'Colgatesmile' aka 'Smiley'

'Bragaboutme'

'Cub'

'Firstandten'

'Isiostar'

Please continue to check in on the BJL roll call. (New members are encouraged, simply checkin and shout out on the BJL roll call)

I hope we all took heed to Zulu's very informative and entertaining 'Annual Kwanzaa Thread' over on the NON-DETROIT forum. Kwanzaa principles are a wonderful set of ideas and concepts to empower us has a people.

I'm hoping soon, that we, the members of the BJL can come together in a sort of meet and greet gathering. I will work on the details and ask our members to respond on such an idea...stay tuned

As for now, I want to thank all the members of the BJL for checking in each and every month and making this a serious group of members that are dedicated in supporting our presence within the DY forum.

Also, DY members are welcomed and encouraged to ask questions to which they have concerns, issues, or whatever the case about the Black experience in this country and abroad.

To all, have a Blessed 09'!

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones we have been waiting on.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 423
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Attention...calling BJL members......

'Kimistree', ('Queen of state')

'Originalg313'

'Nanska'

'Masterblaster'

'Mickeymac'

'Meaghansdad'

'Bobby08', aka, ('the Rocker')

'East_detroit'

'The_ed'

'Wilkes36', (repp'n Chi-town)

'Vantana'

'Gary'

'Mayor_sekou'

'Jita1'

'Peterhuntprinces'

'Ladia'

'Yooper'

'Detroitking'

'Detroitrise'

'Pcasey'

'K.Solo'

'Bratt'

'TRSTARR'

'Crumbled_pavement'

'Leoqueen'

'JLtyler'

'Figbornu'

Please, if the above names would check in...and let us know if you are alright.

blksoul_atcha!
We are the one we have been waiting on!

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1367
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lodgedodger's here!

Mickeymac
Username: Mickeymac

Post Number: 79
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What can I say

I'm here

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2629
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm alive just busy.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1839
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm here, just getting ready for the celebration.

Vantanna
Username: Vantanna

Post Number: 30
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Present.

Vantanna
Username: Vantanna

Post Number: 31
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Definitely Here!! Here's to a Great 09!!

Originalg313
Username: Originalg313

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HERE!

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3579
Posted on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still here definatley proud in the '09!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 430
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Updated January 09' Black Justice League roll call...

So far we have....

Honorary Commander, 'Rasputin'

Commander, 'Zulu Warrior'

LT Commander, 'Detroit_Stylin'

Secretary of War, 'Blksoul_x'

'Colgatesmile' aka 'Smiley'

'Bragaboutme'

'Cub'

'Firstandten'

'Isiostar'

'Originalg313'

'Vantanna'

'East_detroit'

'Mayor_sekou'

'Mickeymac'

'Lodgedodger'

Thankyou all for checking in, however, we are still missing a few more names.

Queen of state Kimistree, where ya' at?... Hopefully they are still around. Please continue to check-in for January 09' roll call.

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones we have been waiting on.

Mickeymac
Username: Mickeymac

Post Number: 83
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here here

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 438
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's February, where are my Black Justice League brothas and sistas!

Please check in for February 09' Roll Call.

Blksoul_x checking in from Southwest!

Roll call is on....please check in.

Random thought....

Have we (Africans in amerikkka) seen the 'Mountain Top'?....amerikkka elected and inaugurated a Black President and some of our very own have stated to claim we as a people have witnessed the 'Mountain Top'!

This seems very concerning to me, especially as a people, our population continues to see disparities in terms of basic quality of life issues in amerikkka'. Our Black villages continue to be overrun by drugs, lack of educational devices, poverty, crime and disease.

Despite the election of Barack Obama, the so-called 'Mountain Top' to which many have lately claim to have seen, is perhaps a fuzzy vision of equality. I don't think Dr.King meant the hiring of a Black President would be the 'Mountain Top'.

We ought to be careful about giving up on our struggle to free our people. There is no better time than now to understand who we are as people. We are in dire need to promote a new Black presence. We owe it to our elected President to become more galvanized in terms of a brand new Black movement, one that embodies the fight of Garvey's Pan-African Movement, the brilliance of the Harlem Renaissance era, the determination of the Civil Rights Movement, the creativity and self-reflection of the 60's Black power Movement and the artistry of the Hip-Hop movement of the 80's.

Once we have re-embraced the qualities and determination of the movements mentioned above, and attach all of what our ancestors fought and died for in our quest to compete, then, and only then may we start to claim that we have seen Dr. King's vision of the celebrated 'Mountain Top'.

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones we have been waiting for.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 1091
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Checkin In!!

Originalg313
Username: Originalg313

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm here!

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 1248
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ZUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUU UUUUU!

Isiostar
Username: Isiostar

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eastside here

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3592
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Stylin'......7 Myle Rydin....

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1402
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lodgedodger waves at everyone

Raj313
Username: Raj313

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here! Sorry I'm late.

Cub

Post Number: 1093
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the forum Raj313.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 593
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

checkin' in.

D313
Username: D313

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad to be here, this is a bit different but I'm happy to be among folk who love the "D"

Cub

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome D313.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3600
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome D313

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 1121
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First of all BlackSoulX Obama is bi-racial: to negate his caucasian side is racist. Want to make a stand against racial and other biases? Start by marching in the black community, stamp out racial hatred in the black community. When black activists and groups of citizens marched through a predominantly white neighborhood in Philadelphia and the citizens stood on their porches and turned their backs against the marchers, it more than likely wasnt because they were diehard kkk racists, they probably encountered a few too many blatantly racist-rude-immature-disagreea ble black Americans. Many black Africans have told me they view many black Americans as being rude and immature, Asians and hispanics in this country also hold grudges and biases against American blacks.

We need more black academics and intellectuals to stamp out negative stereotypes of black people. Embrace higher education, stress the importance of education to youre children. Black Americans are flocking to oraganized religion and embracing dated metaphorical filled superstitious nonsense.

The reality and fact of the matter is that Americans dont understand, or dont care to understand the effects of past injustices and discriminations on contemporary African Americans.