Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Sumas, personal question for you.... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 485
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, Sumas,

You mentioned a friend of yours in another thread, but I can't find that one - you said he had been battling cancer and was now going to have to have chemo daily. I was just wondering how he was doing....?

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 759
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for caring. I tried very hard to find funding for gas money for the chemo trips with no luck. His doctor switched treatment, so he does not need daily chemo at the moment. He has been prescribed a chemo pill. The problem is his medicaid does'nt cover this. Each pill is $100. dollars. We will figure out something. He is a very, very special person to us.

We spent almost the last two weeks taking care of his affairs. We learned alot and met some nice caring people. He has beat cancer before and we hope for positive results! We are his heirs and we would much rather have him than his assets.

We are planning a garden party at his house in early summer. One thing, it is a motivator for me to get the yard work done (I blew it off last year and you can tell) it also gives him some motivation to stick around. He loves big parties.

Also it will be a centennial birthday for the house, it was built in 1909. The party will be kid and dog friendly, at least during the daylight hours. We hope many people from Georgia Street Gardens and others on this forum will come. Ron and I are great cooks so we hope everyone comes hungry.

My husband teases me sometimes about my imaginary friends on Detroit Yes. But he really does understand that many of us share personal experiences and form a type of bond. You and a few others come to mind. I am a Mom too. We went through a few tough times when our kids were young. Believe me, if you or your kids need anything, give me a shout, we can probably help.

Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 486
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aw, thank YOU. You are so giving and selfless. The party sounds like a wonderful idea, definitely keep the positivity and happiness flowing around your friend. I'm glad he didn't have to do daily chemo, when I read that, I cringed!

I'm a big fan of alternative therapies, especially for cancer treatments. NOT an advocate of conventional medicine - especially for cancer. If there's any interest, I encourage you to seek out information in that field. I can provide you with some things I have collected, if you'd like.

There were several resources listed at that other site, that provide travel for cancer patients, and other things too. Did you see those? He would certainly qualify for help from many places.

Sumas

Post Number: 762
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 6:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wrote a long post that seems to have gotten lost. We are not selfless just selfish. If we can help people in small ways it affirms our humanitiy.

Noodles
Username: Noodles

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Personal messaging cannot come soon enough to this site.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5948
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, it's in the Connect section, and no one told you to read it. It was Personal question for Sumas. That your name?

Sumas

Post Number: 763
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jcole, I was going to point out the same thing. Connect is an appropriate venue for personal exchanges. I deeply appreciated Chrissey's concern.

I also share her interest in non traditional medicines. He takes many medicines which have tons of side effects. Examples: Apple Cider vinegar alleviates constipation and the herb tumeric mediates joint pain. I hope Chrissey will share some of her knowledge of herbalism.

Admit it Noodles, you're all wet and lack taste.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5950
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're welcome, Sumas. I hope your friend does well.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4066
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apple Cider vineger, is as
supposed a service

service passageways for local businesses.

Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 489
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(scratching my head at Bigb's response...)

Sumas, from my knowledgebase, there are several things your friend can to boost his immune system, most importantly if he's doing chemo since that totally destroys your ability to fight back. I'm totally anti-chemo but if a person is going through it then I believe in a few alternative treatments that can help. My mom was actually a cancer survivor for over 20 years with NO conventional treatment, so I take my spirit and faith from her experience!

Maitake Pro-D Faction is a mushroom extract that is proven to have strong anti-tumor and immune boosting properties.

If you're at all familiar with the Budwig Protocol, Joanna Budwig, a German biochemist, developed a treatment involving flax seed oil and an organic, natural diet, as a cure against many diseases. Ironically, the news just did a quick Health Tip last week about the benefits of flax seed oil. It's funny how science begrudgingly acknowledges things as if they just "discovered" it when others have gone against the system for hundreds of years and been called quacks.

I watched a very powerful dvd called Healing Cancer from Inside Out, that discussed our Standard American Diet and how it should be changed to combat disease. It really blew my mind and literally had me yelling at the television in shock.

It really hurts and angers me to hear of people suffering needlessly when there is so much more information that the doctors don't tell us.

Skylark
Username: Skylark

Post Number: 140
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chrissy & Sumas I find your discussion of alternative cancer treatments very interesting. Last year I heard of an oncologist, Dr Simoncini, from Italy who is using Sodium Bicarbonate, baking soda, in treating cancer. I really don't know what to make of this treatment. Is it for real or are we all being fooled with chemo? If something as simple and cheap as baking soda does work why all the suffering with this horrible disease other than the profit motive. Here are links to Dr Simoncini:

http://www.curenaturalicancro. com/video-simoncini.html

http://www.curenaturalicancro. com/

Could it be possible? What do you think?

Skylark
Username: Skylark

Post Number: 141
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the above links don't work google Dr Simoncini.

Sumas

Post Number: 770
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will check out those sites soon. A friend who is a vegan vegetarian was diagnosed with breast cancer several years ago. She cured herself through a rigid regiment of herbs and diet. She never told me the ins and outs though. I'll ask her and share.

Sumas

Post Number: 771
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was scratching my head too regarding Bigb's comment. It is the second time he has posted that I was baffled. I thought maybe I was too dumb to get the joke.

I already have Pat on flax seed oil but I will search out and buy him the mushroom extract you mentioned. Thank you once again.

Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 490
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the info on Simoncini, Skylark. I wasn't familiar with him at all but I will read more about his theories and experiments. I'm not surprised though. I have found there are a LOT of trailblazing highly respectable doctors who have cured cancer with non-toxic treatments, but they face persecution and prosecution from the government until they either go underground or leave the country. There are several clinics operating right now in Mexico by reputable American doctors who were ran out of the states because of their opposition to conventional medicine.

I became interested in this when my mother died in 1999, and I didn't even have the internet the way I do now. If I could have accessed the information we have available today, I believe she would still be alive, although she did a darn good job of keeping herself alive for over 20 years with just her own resources.

People don't openly discuss this, but you would be surprised to learn how many people either know of someone who beat cancer naturally, or they themselves may have.

I don't think its a matter of us totally being "fooled", although, in more than a few cases, I do believe that's the case. But in that dvd I watched, Healing Cancer from the Inside Out, doctors were interviewed and they said they were not taught nutrition in their training, at least not to the extent that nutrition played such a powerful role in our health. They were taught medicine and surgical treatment, so they truly don't know anything else.

I know several instances I've had doctors try to diagnose me without even asking or examining my diet. Just recently my sister told me that her doctor put her on blood pressure medication and she didn't think she needed it, so I asked her if he had asked her about her diet at all, she said no, and she said that she knows she eats incorrectly and a lot of salty and greasy foods. So clearly, a change in diet would fix her problem without medication, but he didn't even inquire about that, just put her on a prescription and ensure that she is a lifetime customer!

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4105
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

(scratching my head at Bigb's response...)

I've been hanging around the Garwood Thread too long. I got a contact high, and must have had a major flashback.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Kryptonite
Username: Kryptonite

Post Number: 100
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skylark, the alternative medicine advocates are primarily promoting their own 'cures'. Of course they are not going to admit to any failures.

I did radiation and chemo both for bone cancer, and 2 1/2 years later the follow up tests are still coming in good. I am not vegetarian.

If there are any alternative treatments available that are statistically proven to be successful they are probably not being offered for profit. Some of these quacks are making money from desperate people suffering from cancer, arthritis, Aids, psoriasis, you name it. Snake oil doctors are still trying to make a quick buck off of offering cures to the sadly desperate.

Sumas

Post Number: 798
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am very happy to hear that you had such good results. Stay well!

Kryptonite
Username: Kryptonite

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a thought for anyone concerned about cancer but I have read a great deal about Vitamin D. Researchers are thinking that it may be the body's primary means of fighting various conditions including uncontrolled cell growth. It does not occur in food sources but is generated by exposure of the skin to sunlight. A program in Australia promoting increased use of sunblockers actually resulted in higher numbers of melanoma cases and the reason they suspect are the sunblockers stopped or reduced the body's ability to generate Vitamin D.

I take two supplements daily plus a multivitamin and of course D is added to many dairy products. I have read that 2,000 - 3,000 IU per day is safe. Check with your doctor but it appears that bulking up on Vitamin D may greatly reduce the risk of many cancers.

My cancer is extremely rare and probably started 40+ years ago. My doctors have thought out loud that possibly the fact that I was always outside as a child and even teenager and adult and received regular exposure to sunlight may have helped my body fight the cancer. Also I always consumed a lot of dairy products so my diet has probably been rich in vitamin D during my life in addition.

Maybe your friend could give D supplements some thought? I wish him/her the best it's a scary and at times demoralizing battle. Positivity and optimism can boost one's spirits as can humor and having a good network of friends and family.

Sumas

Post Number: 799
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you I will check to see if he is getting D supplements.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.