Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Are there any classic horror movie aficionados around? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1583
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been trying to find out the name of a horror movie I remember watching on Sir Graves Ghastly one Saturday. The creatures were green with very large red mouths.

It isn't Attack of the Leeches. I remember a scene where a car is driving on a lonely road. In the headlights the driver (a male) sees about three or four of these creatures shuffling towards the car.

I know, it probably sounds like a million movies from that era, but this one scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid. It was poor quality and was old even in the sixties and/or early seventies.

I would really appreciate help on this one.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4104
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, until somebody comes up with the real answer, Marilyn Manson will do.

Jimg
Username: Jimg

Post Number: 511
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think those things injected pure alcohol into the victim's neck...one scene had some drunk cows. They were definitely green things. And I cannot recall the name of the damn movie.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3953
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dodger, old buddy, you just gotta get yourself a life. :-)

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 1451
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try www.SirGravesGhastley.com, it gives you the movie title, date, etc. Maybe that will jog your memory.

Urbanfisherman
Username: Urbanfisherman

Post Number: 106
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Horror of Party Beach?
Attack of the Eye Creatures?
The Slime People?

I'd say those are the most likely.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1585
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Slime People!

Wow, mystery solved.

Thanks, Guys. I knew you could help me out.

*hugs*

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1586
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The movie aired on Sir Graves Ghastly June 14, 1975.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1587
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All who write about the movie mention the fog that arrives before the creatures. Yep, this is exactly the movie.

slime people

Which scary movies from your childhood frightened you?

Alfie1a
Username: Alfie1a

Post Number: 201
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those old B movies are fun to watch. Even more so on "Mystery Science Theatre 3000."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =w-jfZ2Itz6E&feature=PlayList& p=396A1CB5B0885CFC&index=0&pla ynext=1

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1590
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MST is fun, but most of the time I prefer my movies without comments.

A few years ago I went to this movie showing. The Ghoul was there and narrated the film. He was pretty funny. A real sweetheart, too. I treasure the pic I had taken with him.

Alfie1a
Username: Alfie1a

Post Number: 202
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YmzPR_EPBmI&feature=PlayList& p=CDD233F803FC4AF7&index=0&pla ynext=1

"The Innocents" always gave me the creeps when I watched it as a kid. Wathced it for the first time in years a couple weeks ago and it still does. lol

Watching "The Slime People" right now. :-)

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1841
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Which scary movies from your childhood frightened you

Ronald Reagan. Not the actor, the president.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9526
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cemetery Man FTW.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt01 09592/

Bigb23

Post Number: 4117
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Find "Fiend without a Face" a fantastic fifties flick. :-)

Scared me as a kid.

Classicyesfan
Username: Classicyesfan

Post Number: 601
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Carnival of Souls" from 1962 has a cult following. Some creative stuff too for a low budget flick...sometimes it gives you "Twilight Zone" chills.

Philbo
Username: Philbo

Post Number: 90
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lodgedodger- Check out " The Thing Frome Another World " the 1951 original. This is one of the best Sci-Fi flicks I've ever seen.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1621
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will do, Philbo! Thanks for the heads-up.

*hug*

Ptero
Username: Ptero

Post Number: 193
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please excuse the topic drift, but a former boss of mine was in Fiend without a Face. Terry Kilburn. He ran Meadow Brook Theatre out on the O.U. campus for about 25 years. He was also Tiny Tim in the 1939 Christmas Carol - another sort-of horror flick!

Ptero

Post Number: 194
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jimg: the movie with the aliens' fingernails injecting alcohol into cows and teens was/is: Invasion of the Saucer Men. Awesome. Who's gonna listen to drunk teens in a small town?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt00 50545/

(Message edited by ptero on March 06, 2009)

(Message edited by ptero on March 06, 2009)

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 520
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When Worlds Collide and the Last Day of the World.....pull those up on Youtube, they are awesome.........

Jimg

Post Number: 512
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, thanks Ptero! One of my faves, along with "Day of the Triffids" and "Fiend without a face! What is the name of the film with flying bats that cover your head and commit murder?

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1637
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, is it considered child abuse in today's world to start showing these movies to pre-teen nephews and nieces? They've never watched a Godzilla movie!

Jimg

Post Number: 513
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ptero, which character was your former boss? Did he/she get 'fiended'?

Ptero

Post Number: 195
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 1:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He was Capt Chester (had to look at imdb.com). He and a few other soldiers ran through a shot firing guns, handguns. That's about all I remember. Claim to fame: running and firing a gun!

Could be painful but I need to see it again. Thomas Video in Clawson has moved to a new location. So I hear, around Rochester and 14 mile. Chances are they'll have it. hmmm.

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 794
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In my household, we live without cable television and we are doing okay. We recently purchased the DTV boxes for TV's with antennas. On Sunday nights I watch a program called OFFBEAT CINEMA hosted by a cool cat named Maxwell Truth. He and his crew of beatniks show old movies from the early fifties and some before that. I watched Bucket of Blood two weeks ago and it brought back memories of my childhood, not that I ever had a bucket of blood, but.....

Bigb23

Post Number: 4167
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Offbeat Cinema on in the Detroit area ed ? What channel ? Just DTV boxes here, too. Thank God, and WDIV, for that movie channel they provide. Daytime TV was way too much of Maury and Springer, and not enough intelligent shows for adults. PBS should make one of their channels all Nova, Frontline, and Masterpiece theatre reruns, during the day. One PBS kids channel is enough.

(Jumping off of soap box), Sorry for the thread jack.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.