Discuss Detroit » DETROIT CONNECTIONS » Water Home Delivery in Metro Detroit? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 528
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know of any home delivery services for WATER that serve the metro area? I did a Google search and found a few places but none of them service Macomb County and most were way up North. I know there was a company that delivered water to the place I used to work at in Roseville, but I can't remember their name for the life of me....

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7959
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Absopure?

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1351
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you not have running water in your house?

Lnfant
Username: Lnfant

Post Number: 191
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe this list will kick-start your memory of the company? (scroll down to page to see list)
bottled water companies

Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 529
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, no, I don't have running water so instead of paying my water bill I figured I'd pay more for some delivered water.

Anyway, I don't trust city water, too much in it, but that's another discussion.

I get tired of hauling water home from the store and then running out and having to go back and get more, so if I can find an affordable option that would deliver and keep me from running out, that would be better.

Absopure! I couldn't think of that name at all, don't know if that was it but thanks for jogging my memory. They are probably expensive.

Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 530
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the link, Lnfant, I'm checking those out now, hope I can find an affordable choice out there.

Bearinabox

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Anyway, I don't trust city water, too much in it, but that's another discussion.

Not to be too much of an asshole, but I'm genuinely interested: How do you know that Water Delivery Company X isn't just filling jugs from the tap down the street? What makes you think that water you pay extra for is any better just because someone is bringing it to your house? Why not just buy a water filter to put under your sink or a Brita pitcher or something?

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7964
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, Absopure is refiltered Detroit water.

We are fortunate to have some of the best water in the world coming out of our taps.

Bearinabox

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Actually, Absopure is refiltered Detroit water.

So they sell tap water at a premium to people who are afraid of tap water? Nice work if you can get it. Whoever thought up that business model is a fucking genius.

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 526
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chrissy...there is a place on 15 Mile at Schoenherr...next door to the Jet's Pizza on the southwest corner..that you can get water from. I don't go there, but a former neighbor did. I know that hauling it is a pain, but delivery is expensive. And my neighbor told me the water is better than what you get at the grocery store.

Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 531
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You really can't trust much of anything these days, just like buying what you think is healthy could be processed just the same as the next brand. I did a report on organic produce for a class and found complaints about certain big brand companies violating the organic standards, and pesticide 'run off' into the supposedly organic yards.

So you just do the best you can, you know?

I can taste the difference in tap water vs. distilled water, and if I don't like the taste of the water then I'm not drinking it, period. It could be the pipes, I don't know, but I've been in places where the water coming out of the sink tasted like it definitely had something wrong in it. My previous home, the water actually tasted better than it does at this house, it was cleaner and had a fresh crisp taste.

I don't want flouride in my water, among other things, so maybe refiltering gets out what was missed the first time, but I choose distilled over spring water.

I thought about doing a water filter but I wonder if a filter can really do an adequate job if the water is just gushing through it quickly, as opposed to a total filtration process?

Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 532
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Blue, I'll see if I can find that since that's pretty close and get some price comparisons. I don't drink anything but water, no soda or anything else, so it kind of evens out when you consider what we normally spend on drinks. I used to easily spend a grip on pop and fruit drinks!

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 2011
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chrissy,

A better long-term investment would be buying an RO (reverse osmosis) filter for your entire house or cetain sinks. It would come out cheaper in the end.

Detroit water is pretty good imo. Try San Diego water where you can things floating in it with the naked eye. :-)

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1720
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Islandman, excellent suggestion. We've had one for a few years now and couldn't be happier.

Redvetred
Username: Redvetred

Post Number: 209
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 6:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since we have well water, my neighbor uses Culligan for water delivery.

Wally
Username: Wally

Post Number: 607
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know how much of the other stuff it filters out, but Brita charcoal filters definitely get rid of the chlorine taste in tap water. I don't feel that fluoride has any benefits either. Applied to teeth directly? Maybe. Taken internally? Definitely no.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.