Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Gates st in southwest detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Steph48209
Username: Steph48209

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

im wondering if any1 has any info about gates st in southwest detroit by the delray area about hauntings or anything bad that has happened over there i lived in 106 gates and had seen and heard alot of strange things i even got the pic of the little boy we used 2 see in our home there if any1 has info please let me know

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 182
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 4:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does it seem like delray is in the twilight zone?

Savannahsmiles
Username: Savannahsmiles

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a lot of history in that little area. Nothing would surprise me. I would love to hear/know more about that whole area. Don't think I was ever on Gates though.

Steph48209

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

do u kno the history i would really love 2 know it or at least some

Savannahsmiles

Post Number: 50
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just meant that I believe there to be a lot of history in that area. I keep doing internet searches for anything I can find on the whole area.

Steph48209

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok thanx i did a yahoo and google search but nothing came up are there any sites u kno where i can search that kind of stuff

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 3286
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gates is only one block long. How many Web sites should cover any area with, maybe, a couple dozen houses (if even that many)?

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 46
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a strange area down there . Very desolate just getting in there . Sort of like Tobacco Road North .

Steph48209

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i know some1 on here has 2 know something about this block please help me out here lol

Sportsfan
Username: Sportsfan

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live one block away from there on Dey St.I know the house at 106 Gates well.We knew people that lived there.Steph do you happen to know Lloyd or Jean that used to reside there?As for the street now its still about the same.One house over there was burned down a couple months ago.Hope that helps you

Steph48209

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yup geri owns the home her husband bill past away not 2 long ago the house that burned down was the one next 2 the gray house and the lot and then maybe a couple days later a couple garages was on fire 2 u mite know matt and tommy lee and them im there cousin we just moved out of there just about 2 months ago lived there for 7 years and now the last we stopped by there some1 had broken in and just completely trashed the place but there is something in that house that isnt right thats y i was trying 2 find anybody who knew anything about anything that may have happened there i know its got 2 do with a little boy cause thats whos in that house we have seen him many of times most of the activity was from the attic though very uneasy room that was

Savannahsmiles

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steph, that is just creepy. I really wish you could find out more details. I would love to know what happened there. Enquiring minds and all that, ya know.

It could be that something happened there and was never reported. I've heard of houses being torn down and bones being found behind walls and under floor boards, and no one ever knew what happened.

Sportsfan

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I knew the people that lived there about 12 years ago and I been there a few times visiting them and I didn`t see or hear anything unusual, in fact I use to party with them. They found the guy that used to live there hung in a garage on the other side of the bridge, some say he hung himself due to the split up between him and his wife and others say that someone else hung him. I do know that he had a serious drug problem.Hope this helps you a little bit with the house history.

Steph48209

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well thats the thing most of the things happened when we would settle down to go to bed when everything was calm

Sportsfan

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

? lets try that again.What do you mean here?

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 393
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm down at the Dearborn Ave/Dey/Gates/Forman street railroad crossings occasionally watching trains. And we blast down the Rouge on the Diamond Queen on a daily basis. It's interesting how cutoff it seems to be from much of the surrounding area.

Miken123
Username: Miken123

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I posted in "Haunted?" thread just now - I went down to check Delray out today after work. Very interesting little segment of Detroit. I love seeing the varied sectors of the city and surroundings.

I tried doing internet searches for Delray but found little to nothing.

and a VERY NICE little description here:
http://www.detroitblog.org/?p= 253

There is a Wiki article for it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D elray%2C_MI

Interesting!!!

Steph48209

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well let me try explaining it once again i lived in the house for 7 years like i said something is in that house a ghost of a little boy ive seen him my mom seen him we all have the attic most of all is rather uncomfortable there is something uneasy about that house i never felt like i was alone there even if i was... between footsteps from upstairs the laundry room door opening on its own and the voice sometimes of a man saying stuff in ur ear i think i explained it as clearly as i can i am now in a different home im comfortable and no it was not the area cause i lived at 130 dupont for 6 years before it burned thats y we moved on gates st so i grew up over there just in case any1 was thinkin that

Miken123

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd say try the newspaper archives (online for some) and search for obituaries or crimes with the Gates St. tag on it. Maybe something will come up?

Kudos!

Steph48209

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sports fan do u know the name of the man who lived in the house who hung himself across the bridge??????and miken123 where would i go 2 search that

Miken123

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There should be a detroit online death records - some cities/counties keep them online at least.. I'm not sure about Detroit/Wayne.

Besides that i'd say try the newspaper sites themselves - although I just browsed through a few and they didn't seem too helpful. I'm sure there are public records available to people - but searching these hard copies takes time and effort...

Hope you find something/someone with more info.

Mike

Sportsfan

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Steph.I'm sure I've probably heard his last name.But all I remember is his first name Lloyd.

Steph48209

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok thanku so much

Sportsfan

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Steph you'll never guess what happened.Somebody burnt down the house at 106 Gates.Damn Shame!This neighborhood is really getting worse by the day

Jb3
Username: Jb3

Post Number: 68
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't you just ask the little boy what the deelyo is? I truly think some people are more in touch than others with whatever unknown energy streams are floating around down here. I would suggest getting Whoopi Goldberg on down to the house, and just ask, whats up kid? You want somethin ? Try not to get sucked into the whole 'Dark Water' scheme of a dead girl seeking a new dead mother like Jennifer Connely though. Having kids is enough responsibility in this lifetime, no need to carry it on to the next.:-)

Cheers!

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the ghost burned it down. He'd had enough and wanted out. He Burned the house and put an end to that chapter.
Too bad, though. Now the ghostseekers with all that equipment can't go in and investigate. Makes you wonder what other kinds of interesting or unexplainable things lurked inside these other houses that got torched or bulldozed.

Jb3

Post Number: 76
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And where do they go when they can't mix it up at their own crib? Coming soon to home near you! Dead things!!! I have a rock in the back yard marking the grave of a recently deceased squirrel. I hope the furry little rat appreciates that he didn't end up in a landfill squished into an undecomposatable substance to linger for eternity. Woops, that was Starbucks cup i bought, drank and threw away this morning. Ah well, never enough starbuck cups in the landfills...

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 746
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BOO!

Jb3

Post Number: 78
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boo back, homophobe. Ya know, i've been to most bars in Ferndale and i truly have not had an issue or uncomfortable situation with anyone, let alone homosexual. I have friends that are openly gay and it is not easy for them. I would think it was my responsibilty to make those around me feel as comfortable as they possibly could and not get so wrapped up in my own shit that i would feel the need to go Gay bashing on a public forum or feel the need to drive on the sidewalk because i was too stupid to advocate change for a better society.

Man, these blogs get the best of me. I gotta quit this.

Steph48209

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YEAH I KNOW MY AUNT CALLED ME WHEN IT WAS ON FIRE I WENT OVER THERE SINCE I ONLY LIVE 2 MINUTES AWAY NOW AND IT IS JUST GONE U KNOW THEY START DESTROYING IT THE MINUTE WE MOVED OUT I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD GET BURNED DOWN THOUGH BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG WE TRIED OUR BEST 2 MAKE IT LOOK LIKE SOME1 STILL LIVED THERE BUT THEY STILL BUSTED THE BACKDOOR IN AND TRASHED THE PLACE SOME PPL HAVE NO COMPASSION 4 OTHER PPLZ THINGS

Savannahsmiles

Post Number: 63
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steph48209, I am really sad to hear this. I was looking forward to learning more about the property as you did. Did anyone from near your new address know the house sat empty? Just curious. It used to be quite common back in the day when "certain people" were made aware of a vacant property, for said property to be torched or looted and torched.

Steph48209

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WELL THE HOUSE SAT FINE FOR ABOUT A MONTH THEN I GUESS WORD GOT OUT THAT NO1 WAS LIVING THERE AND PPL START STRIPPING IT BECAUSE THE LAST TIME I HAD WENT 2 MY AUNTS I DROVE BY THERE AND THE GUTTERS AND WINDOWS WERE BROKEN THE BACKDOOR WAS KICKED IN I THINK MAYBE A BUM OR SOMETHING WAS STAYING IN THERE BUT ITS BEEN A ONGOING THING IN THAT AREA WHEN SOME1 MOVES OUT OF A HOUSE AND SOME1 DONT MOVE IN IT RIGHT AWAY IT HAPPENS 2 END UP BURNED SO THERES A FIRE BUG AROUND THERE AND ITS SAD BECAUSE THOSE HOUSES SIT SO CLOSE TOGETHER AND THE FAMILY NEXT DOOR 2 THE HOUSE HAVE CHILDREN IT COULD HAVE SET THERE HOUSE ON FIRE AND THEY COULD HAVE LOST EVERYTHING BUT I GUESS SOME PPL DONT THINK ABOUT THINGS LIKE THAT AND ITS VERY SAD

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.