Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Stand Up And Tell Them Your From Detroit! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Aholloway
Username: Aholloway

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stand Up And Tell Them Your From Detroit!

DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER THIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cCmgjAvE1CM&mode=related&sear ch=

Lizaanne
Username: Lizaanne

Post Number: 83
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This would get stuck in my brain sometimes for days!!! I thought it was a great campaign.

~Liza

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WXYZ should revive that melody.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was back in the Day, about the same time as the "My lines, my lines, I can't remember my lines never" Detroit Zoo commercial.

The one that's been stuck my head was the old "In Ontario" jingle from the Canadian Tourism board. Also from the early 80s.

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that was the best commercial, EVER. "my makeup....my makeup." And the alligation "let ME
talk to your agent."

Kpm
Username: Kpm

Post Number: 50
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Detroit Zoo and Fox 2 Detroit are currently in the process of updating and bringing back those famous zoo commercials:

http://detroitzoo.org/

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 739
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That stuff is great!

Erikd
Username: Erikd

Post Number: 871
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Wrong way, Melvin!"

Those old Detroit Zoo commercials were cool.

Stryker81
Username: Stryker81

Post Number: 51
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't remember any of those commercials except for the first one. I can remember the "Stand Up" song as a little kid in the 80's. I would like to see what they could do with that jingle if they revived it today.

Maxcarey
Username: Maxcarey

Post Number: 132
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oQr 548olzOo

Jb3
Username: Jb3

Post Number: 16
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's some funny sh*t.

'five minutes please, just five minutes'

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 192
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The real funny thing is that the zoo is not really in Detroit and pretty soon Detroit won't have anything to do with it.
The folks that stand up for Detroit would also turn in murderers. Most folks are just leaving the city if they live in the neighborhoods.

Detroitrunaway
Username: Detroitrunaway

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG! Sure does bring back memories. Thanks for sharing.

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 108
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cool. Doesn't bill do gardner whit commercials now?

Mallory
Username: Mallory

Post Number: 138
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know, we can look back and say, "man these were some hokey commercials," but the main premise is still the same. We have a great baseball team, basketball, hockey and even women's basketball team (which is how we balance out with our less than adequate football team). Detroit is a great city; bumps, bruises and all.

Most of you on this board still live in Detroit. Some of us do not live there anymore (I'm in Florida now), but still "stand up for Detroit." I can say that almost every time I tell people that I'm from Detroit, there is usually some kind of comment. I always fire back that it was a great place to grow up, it's a great city, and I'm proud to be from Detroit.

"Stand up for Detroit?" I hope it does get revived. It's still a great motto.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4317
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kind of makes me think of the "We have Art" jungle they used to run with the DIA commerical spots back in the day...

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Kind of makes me think of the "We have Art""

Ya mean:

"You gotta have Art, all you need is Art"?

Hybridy
Username: Hybridy

Post Number: 104
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

STAND UP AND TELL THEM YOU DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU'RE AND YOUR

HILARITY ENSUES

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

You know, we can look back and say, "man these were some hokey commercials," but the main premise is still the same.

Heck, they beat any commercials that come out today (except for maybe the Superbowl).

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 214
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No way homes ...might get shot.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.