Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Motor City Triathlon « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 251
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This event was held this morning and it got absolutely no press, not even on DY. I went out to cheer on a friend of mine and it was great, but I am surprised that it hasn't been mentioned.

Anyways, congrats to all the triathletes who participated!

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1236
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where was it held?

Ohudson

Post Number: 252
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Belle Isle

http://www.3disciplines.com/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&agid=12&year=2006&month=06&day=25&Itemid=0

(Message edited by OHudson on June 24, 2007)

Tiorted
Username: Tiorted

Post Number: 100
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sounds like they need a better publicist

Civilprotectionunit4346
Username: Civilprotectionunit4346

Post Number: 107
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds kind of fun...I'd do it but I need to get myself in shape again...i'd run probably half a mile and then pass out.

Ohudson

Post Number: 253
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, you have about 51 1/2 weeks to get into shape! That's plenty of time.

Jdkeepsmiling
Username: Jdkeepsmiling

Post Number: 265
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any word on attendance? I know that this is their second year. I plan on doing the sprint event next year, so I hope it will be around.

Ohudson

Post Number: 254
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The attendance was great, that's why it was so strange that the event had no publicity. Over 400 participants and lots of family and friends so it'll definitely be around.

I watched Fox 2 News before I went over to Belle Isle and they were covering a walk/run in Livonia, but not the triathlon. I talked to my friend who competed and we both agree with Tiorted, a better publicist is needed... Or maybe a publicist is needed period.

But like I said before it was great, and Belle Isle is perfect for such an event. I need to work on swimming and that is my goal so that I could compete as well.

The results are on the web site.

http://www.3disciplines.com/in dex.php?option=com_docman&task =cat_view&gid=109&Itemid=36

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.