Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » St. Clair Boblo Boat « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Designerguy24
Username: Designerguy24

Post Number: 64
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know if they have gotten the ok yet to take tours of the Boblo Boat at the Riverdays festival? I know they were suppost to get it today.

Sailor_rick
Username: Sailor_rick

Post Number: 187
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, any new scuttlebut?

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 667
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I went jogging down Atwater about an hour ago there were people walking on it. I have no clue who these people were though.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1443
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nothing like walking around an empty beat down boat. i was upset when i saw it pulling up because I had a vision of old overweight women crying, waving and drinking Vernors as the carcas er boat arrived.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 761
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmm. Built in 1910? One of the last remaining Steamboats of that era? I see no problem with enjoying a little history. Some people have to complain about everything though, I guess.

What was that thread about Detroit being overly negative?

(Message edited by johnlodge on June 26, 2007)

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4670
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Um... does being restored by the boats centennial in 2010 ring any bells?

What were you expecting to see now?

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 363
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I talked with my friend who is working head of security and said that the Coast Guard would see if it is "sea worthy" today and would be able to give tours at $5 per person if approved.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.