Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Falcons of Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 156
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know what happened to the falcons that were downtown? I thought there were at least to mated pairs that lived around town.

I ask this because of all the seagulls and pigeons i see at Comerica Park during games. Can't Mr. I hire some falconers to help control the flying varmit population?

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 175
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would be pretty awesome to have a falcon attack a seagull during a game. Just my opinion though. I believe the moth infestation has died down and therefor the seagulls have move on.

Beadgrl

Post Number: 157
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That would be awesome, Hans57. I would be delighted to see a falcon take out a flying rat or two.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 714
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm pretty sure those falcons ended up on somebody's dinner plate.

Beadgrl

Post Number: 158
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like the falcons are alive and well...and breeding!

http://www.geocities.com/macom b_audubon/Falcon_Page_2007.htm

Bobzilla
Username: Bobzilla

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My office is in the Book Tower (28th floor) and the falcons are definitely alive and well. I see them soaring around, and they often land on the ledges of the Book Tower.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.