Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Fox 2 Busts Scrappers « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1932
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott Lewis had done a story about Scrapper and caught a team of them red handed.
The Arnold Home.
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/my fox/pages/News/Detail?contentI d=3606904&version=3&locale=EN- US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.10 .1

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1712
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok, so fox2 isn't *all* bad.

where is the arnold home?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9459
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good to hear. I would love it if they followed up with a sting of the dealers that are buying the stolen scrap.

Trying to stop the scrappers won't do anything until you stop the illegal scrap buyers.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1462
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

W. Seven mile, between Greenfield and Southfield, about 18500 W. seven Mile.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 787
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1 tells it like it is.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 472
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Free City...do what you like!

Psip

Post Number: 1933
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Arnold Home

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 120
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "Trying to stop the scrappers won't do anything until you stop the illegal scrap buyers."

How does a scrap buyer know if something is stolen? If someone brings him an airconditioning unit, refrigeration places scrap them out all the time. If someone brings them copper pipes, they demolish old houses all the time. I agree, something needs to be done. But a news team chasing an old truck around with some scrap metal on it, I mean come on. Fox2 hall of shame is bogus sensationalism. It and things like it are what is crap about our media nowadays. Slowly but surely, they are edging towards the days of the coliseums. They think nothing of trashing someones reputation in front of a whole city. Wether they have all the facts or not. The media convicts people before they ever go to trial. I'm finding myself watching less and less TV lately. And definitley no major networks.

Civilprotectionunit4346
Username: Civilprotectionunit4346

Post Number: 129
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I mostly watch programs on cable...like Dirty Job, MythBusters, Deadliest Catch, Man Vs Wild, some programs on the scifi channel, history channel. I really don't watch the news on TV...it's like you said they try to make a story outta real stupid stuff.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4679
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, all the good stuff is on the non-network channels, quality stuff such as "Cheaters", "Repossessed", "Dogg The Bounty Hunter" and other quality stuff on Cable TV... :-)

Civilprotectionunit4346
Username: Civilprotectionunit4346

Post Number: 130
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those are the shows I don't watch on cable...Hey you got American Idol and Survivor.... those are great quality program's.

Psip

Post Number: 1934
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Long live FREE over the air TV!

Waz
Username: Waz

Post Number: 92
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder how the scrap dealers are supposed to sniff out the bad guys too. I remember reading about a bill introduced last year to try to curtail this kind of stuff, but I don't know what happened to it. Probably died.

As an aside, Scott Lewis said in the program that the building dated to 1895. Seems kind of early for that part of town, or am I wrong?

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2459
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recall reading a proposal to require scrap dealers to withhold payment for a period of time. I think the idea was to at least discourage those scrappers who were looking to turn a quick buck.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 689
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second that vote for busting the dealers!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.