Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Sunbelt wants our water! » Water goes south « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Trainman
Username: Trainman

Post Number: 429
Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The EXACT people who promised to keep SMART in Livonia are the EXACT same ones who are protecting our water.

They make lots of promises and do nothing but live in a fantasy world.

Bush was and is very serious about Great Lakes water. He is from Texas as most of you know unless you live in a cave.

It is SEMCOG that guards our water and they won't even answer their phones.

But, Bush can and will.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6131
Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bush the his neo-cons will not touch our water. If they do Then the folks in Michigan and Canada will declare a holy war against the U.S.

Trainman
Username: Trainman

Post Number: 432
Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are right Danny, but I'd be very afraid if we only had SEMCOG tanks and airplanes to protect us.

SEMCOG tried to save SMART in Livonia and look what happened. We got our asses beat without much of a fight at all.

Danny, our city council members did almost nothing to beat SEMCOG. So, please support my efforts to go after them by supporting my Bring Back SMART campaign (coming soon). I'm very serious about protesting the new freeways to get back the money that used to pay for our buses.

Danny, I do not care if mass transit taxes pass but if they do then I want good quality decent mass transit which will require serious investments and more industry support at the farebox. It makes no sense to build more freeways in a city that has too few buses and little rail service.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.