Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Summer festivals in the D « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 379
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So we have the concert of colors, Cityfest, Dally, Forth Street fair, and the jazzfest what are there lineups and what weekends are they gonna be? Which ones am I missing?

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1456
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

detroit baseball on wednesdays,

Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 380
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hell yeah!!!!

Jimg
Username: Jimg

Post Number: 880
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.detroitjazzfest.com

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2278
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Metro Times had a full listing of summer activities in its issue for the week of June 13-19, 2007. Maybe you can go on line and download some of that info.

Vintagesoul
Username: Vintagesoul

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cityfest is this weekend. Pick up a Metro Times or a Real Detroit for a nice little booklet with a schedule of the music, and a great overview of what kind of foods and shopping there will be.

Besides Dalley, it's my fav. 4th Street is ok... it's just a really small dealie. It is fun, though, and I do remember a fair amount of good music. Dalley is usually around Labor Day weekend, but for the life of me I can't remember when 4th street is....

Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 381
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the fourth is mid july not sure exactly when though.

Screamingfit
Username: Screamingfit

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

4th Street should be on July 14th. Seems to me it's always the 3rd Saturday of July...

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 2108
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dally is September 8.

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 101
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was at Record Time in Ferndale at lunch and there was a flyer on the backdoor saying Fourth Street Fair was Saturday July 21

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 266
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would pick nits and say the Dally, occurring after Labor Day, would not be a summer festival. Hamtramck Festival, which happens Labor Day weekend, is.

quote:

4th Street should be on July 14th. Seems to me it's always the 3rd Saturday of July...

3rd Saturday of July is the 21st. Seems to me it's impossible to have the 14th ever be the 3rd Saturday in a month.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.