Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Updates on the U.A./National theaters???? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Exmotowner
Username: Exmotowner

Post Number: 331
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey I see Lowell added a few pics of the UA on the tour, but it doesn't say anything is happening and doesnt take us behind the scenes (inside it). I know there was a thread about a Crane being there and work going on, but is there any knowledge as to what is REALLY happening? Us out of towner's would love some info. Also on the National if anyone knows whats happening with it!
Thanks, in advance

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2679
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nobody knows. It's just rampant speculation by the clueless.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4737
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ndavies, do you hang around with Skulker? You're starting to sound like him...

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9490
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The truth sounds the same regardless who it comes from.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4738
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So people like to speculate on this forum... BFD. It's better than all that political bickering going on here. Hell, speculating (and later seeing who hit it right on), is one of the last fun things left on this forum. Everything else is just bickering and name calling.

Jt1

Post Number: 9492
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That may be true but it does not make NDavies comment any less correct.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2680
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just because the clueless like to speculate doesn't make them any less clueless.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 937
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Just because the clueless like to speculate doesn't make them any less clueless."

Are we talking about day trading now?

Exmotowner

Post Number: 332
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You go Gistok. I just asked because I Care so deeply! (Probably WAY too deeply)! If I ever find myself single, Im ready to come back and give detroit one more try. My partner now was AMAZED that I said that (after our trip up there), but like I told him, when I was there, I WAS HOME!!

As for these two theaters if anyone hears any news, Please keep us posted! Thanks

Jt1

Post Number: 9496
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ex - I am sure once something is known it will be posted. I am also pretty sure that most of us are hoping for the best and really excited for the possibilities.

Come back home and bring your partner with you! The city needs everyone decent person it can get.

Exmotowner

Post Number: 336
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jt1. I acutally would consider it if I ever found myself single again. I promised my partner before he went with me over Memorial day that if he didn't like it, he would never have to come back. I dont think he will. He said he liked it out by Armada and Milford/Fenton area but didnt like downtown. The reason he liked the Armada area, he'd never seen dirt roads! LOL (seriously!) Hes an LA guy. Im pretty sure when I come back for my next visit it will be alone. Which is ok by me. He did what I asked him to and went to where I grew up and seen the city. I wont force him to come back. Me? If I ever find myself single and got a good job offer, I'd come back, but I'd be very cautious. Detroit kicked me pretty hard many times and I'd be ready if I came back. I would definitely become a gun owner. Sorry, didnt mean to turn this into a rant. My apologies and thanks for asking me back! I did have a great time over memorial day!

I'm also sure that if anything happens with these theaters it will be posted. I just seen the new tour and my hopes JUMPED! I probably jumped the gun! The old theaters are a major passion of mine. They dont build them like that anymore. They just built a new venue in Nashville. Its the Schimmerhorn Symphony Center. They can still build them awsome (Schimmerhorn is the most techniquely advanced "theater" ever built) and it is nice, but it just doesnt have the architectural detail of the old ones. Google Schimmerhorn Symphony Center Nashville to check it out.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 608
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.