Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Howe's Bayou- Ferndale « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 108
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was curious if any of the many Ferndale-based forumers have eaten at Howe's Bayou. We're thinking about giving it a whirl tonight and wondered if anyone had any strong opinions either way about them.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 82
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not a bad place Rugbyman. Been there once and the blackened catfish was really good.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 947
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I've eaten at Howe's. Good food. Wish they played some of that fine fine Louisiana music to go along with the atmosphere instead of putting Top 40 mix CD's on shuffle, but that's my only complaint.

Try the lobster bisque.

Treelock
Username: Treelock

Post Number: 209
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not quite up to New Orleans snuff but it's not bad either. Try a platter of raw oysters and a bowl of crawfish bisque and wash it down with a pint of Turbodog by Abita.

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 109
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those who may be interested, the trip to Howe's was great. I'd recommend the Whitefish Pate to start off with and move on to the Pearl River Pasta. Their bourbon selection was pretty good as well. My fiance had the pan fried perch special which was VERY tasty. Drinks, appetizers, and meals for $50. Not a bad deal.

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 204
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try the mud beetle bisque (aka crawfish bisque).
It's mmm-mmm good.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 959
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's what I was thinking of Harper, not lobster bisque. Good stuff.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 412
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Delmonico;Pearl River Pasta get a five star rating from me. Excellent food. The Lobster Tuesday isn't as good as Marios.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 317
Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The jambalaya dish i ordered was very good.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.