Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » 3-D tponetom. Detroit & Michigan, Homogenized « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit and Michigan, Homogenized.
I still think there is an umbilical cord connecting Detroit to the rest of Michigan. You
can’t have one without the other. (Sounds like a song.) Detroit is where you live and learn and
work and then, hopefully save a few bucks, so you can step outside of Detroit and enjoy the best
recreational venues of any state in the country. Roadsides Parks, (read, toilets) State Parks,
National sites, Lakes, Lodgings, Mackinac Island, Copper Country, Ludington, etc.
There are bigger states with bigger attractions, but none of them have the whole package.
Top of pageBottom of page

Jb3
Username: Jb3

Post Number: 119
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But we're still hellbent on paving over it all in favor of 'convenience' stores and strip malls...

Some call it progress and actually sell the idea that a growing suburb is a good indicator of growth.

Makes me think of a grape vine. When it grows uncontrolled and consumes everything, sure thats a good indicator of growth, but it doesn't bear the fruit you want unless you meticulously manage it's growth.

You're right that Michigan has the whole package. I've peddled my bike from one end to the other and could never want for anything more. But more is what were getting at unprecedented rates.

Thanks Tponetom! You should come back for the summers!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.