Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » First Date Ideas « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know there have been several past threads on this, but the search function does not seem to bring them up.

So, I need some ideas for a unique date in the city tonight. So far it's either the cityfest, or tiger game, which really aren't that out of the ordinary.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1534
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As discussed in a recent thread, if you remember the name of the thread exactly (or at least 98% of it) and type the site's name along with using your favorite Internet Search Engine, the thread should show up on the first page.

Anyway, how about going out on a date to a restaurant in Greektown or something? Then checking out a flick at the Renaissance Theatre. Plus, play a few games in Greektown, plus the Tiger's Game. I'm sure your friend doesn't want to go to a tastefest on her date.

Haydenth
Username: Haydenth

Post Number: 228
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

City Club

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 2024
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

River Walk.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1538
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great Suggestion Pam. RiverWalk and a Cruise on the River would be romantic.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 416
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out the Ste. Claire, go to a movie at riverfront 4. Go to Andiamo, or the Detroit Princess. Tastefest would be alright, If you chose to make it earlier the swan boats on belle Isle. Go to the rattle snake and enjoy that half of the riverfront. See if anything is happening at campus martius or chene park. Go to slows! Put put at the DIA! I could go on but thats my list for now.

Aoife
Username: Aoife

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yo La Tengo is playing at Cityfest tonight- they are really great live.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1859
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A "40," a brown paper bag, cheap sunglasses, and a spot on any curb in the Corridor.

Doesn't get any better than that.

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 966
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paging Terryh

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4392
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Take her to White Castle or Taco Bell...

<<<laffin

Andysrc
Username: Andysrc

Post Number: 190
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have you considered just staying home and doing drugs?

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1271
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A movie is a movie and can be seen in downtown or in Sterling Heights. I would not go to the Riverfront Four. Just walk around if it is a nice evening and then hop into a place that looks interesting. It is the best way to discover downtown.

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 873
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keeping in mind it's been a ton of years since 1) I dated anyone and 2) since I've been back home, but I always liked Dieppe Gardens in Windsor as a place to take a date. Nice place to walk, with the view of both the river and the Detroit skyline as an added attraction.

If you don't want to fight the border crossing, Charlottepaul has the best idea. I assume they don't run the submarine races anymore.....

Jfried

Post Number: 1015
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I appreciate all the ideas. I actually know downtown pretty well, it's just that all my good date ideas seem to be at places that are only open until late afternoon (museums, galleries, etc.).

This is the plan so far. MOCAD for Stuff exhibit, tiger game, then to the riverwalk, then maybe back to MOCAD for HolyShit Fest, then we'll see from there.

Andysrc - your idea was what I was thinking originally but my dog at all the schrooms so we might as well go out :-)

I"m out the door right now. Thanks again everyone!

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1279
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anything wrong with going out to the bars?

Nellonfury
Username: Nellonfury

Post Number: 224
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HMMMM dating huh?!
Here's my advice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NZjTqfA4xNI&mode=related&sear ch=

Dede313
Username: Dede313

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coney Island and maybe Belle Isle

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 418
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bottom of 11th 2-2 thats gonna be one long date hopefully she likes baseball.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 100
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL Nellonfury!!! I love that skit

Jfried

Post Number: 1016
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks again for the ideas.

We ended up going to MOCAD, watching a pretty exciting 13 inning tiger game, stopping by jacoby's for a couple drinks, then walking down to the riverwalk. There were still tons of people walking around at 3am!

All in all, we didn't do anything out of the ordinary, but it was a great time.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1067
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So what you're saying is you didn't get any? Terryh would be severely disappointed.

Spitcoff
Username: Spitcoff

Post Number: 112
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rocking on the riverfront show friday nights outside the ren cen

Urbanize

Post Number: 1592
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"So what you're saying is you didn't get any? Terryh would be severely disappointed."

LMAO! He said All in all, they didn't do anything out of the ordinary, so getting some may be a typical thing for jfried.

Jfried

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh, no. what was I thinking even asking for advice here?! :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.