Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » I'm not patriotic but.... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 712
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I saw those two fighter jets roaring over Royal Oak this weekend, I did get a twinge of awe and pride. For the first time, it hit me how courageous those boys must be to face real live enemy bullets and not run home cryin' to mama.

(Don't tell anybody I said it.)

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 968
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm gonna say I know the feeling. I went to the Memorial Day Parade in Dearborn for the past few years. They start the parade with the fighter jets doing a fly by, and then the older bombers and such make a few passes throughout the morning. I cannot explain the feeling, but it is something.

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 1690
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you got a twinge of awe and pride that is your latent patriotism coming out. There is nothing wrong with being a patriot, you can still be a lib and be patriotic.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1608
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This should be in Detroit Connections rather than Discuss Detroit. We love the Patriotism and how y'all awed at the American Jets flying over your areas, but what does it have to do with Detroit proper?

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 2832
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The planes were probably from Selfridge en route to the air show in Ypsi.

The old warbirds might've been from the YAF.

Frenchman_in_the_d
Username: Frenchman_in_the_d

Post Number: 150
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

seriously, even the Frenchie felt some pride seeing those jets flying by in a nice triangle formation.
Intimidating, fascinating, mighty... probably the three words that describe best how I felt when i saw those jets.
It also reminded me how much of candy asses the French are.

Seriously, forget about all the political schisms and bashing, props to the boys out there facing those bullets and fighting with courage.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 714
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PG needs to stay in Non-detroit where people are expected to belittle every conversation into stupid political name-calling. The rest of us "human beings" are having a tender moment here.

Awwww, shucks...... I love you guys! (Sniff, sniff.)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.