Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Fake Bruce Springsteen at the Magic Bag « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 209
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody else see the show last night?
It was a riot.
Fake Bruce, Fake Clarence, Fake Max, Fake Little Stephen ... they were all there last night (save for Fake Nils and Fake Patti).

I think I saw Fake Jon Landau in the front row, dancing alongside the real Martin Landau.

Rogerjab
Username: Rogerjab

Post Number: 54
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How did they sound? What Did they play?

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 901
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would have wanted to see a Fake Nils Lofgren, except it might be kind of hard to find a 5'3" guitarist that is not a 12 year old.

Waz
Username: Waz

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did he bring out a fake Mitch Ryder to sing the Jenny Jenny/Devil with a Blue Dress medley with him? (..as the REAL Bruce did with the REAL Mitch back in '80)

Harpernottingham

Post Number: 210
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My buddies and I had more fun at that show than we would've had at a real Springsteen show. I think just about everybody there did.

I did see the real Mike Stone (of "Stoney & Wojo" fame). I told him he should've sent a body-double in his place. He loved it, though. He said the fake Boss was "unbelievable."

Later on, we got to thinkin' what if there were a "bizarro" encounter like on Seinfeld (where Bizarro Jerry, Bizarro George, Bizarro Kramer, and Bizarro Elaine came face to face with their real counterparts)?

What if Fake Bruce, et al. came face to face with Real Bruce, et al. ... and on E Street, no less?

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 695
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Went to A Fake Stones gig,,,and they were really good... right down to the "flaming lips"...and had the place rocking...

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1787
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did Fake Bruce also go into a 20 minute monologue on growing up in Fake New Jersey?

Harpernottingham

Post Number: 211
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm only going to fake concerts from now on.
Fake Beatles, fake Stones, fake Bruce ... FAKE EVERYTHING!

It's the only way to go.

Or as my man Al Fakapa said to me last night, "Go fake yourself."

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1085
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll bet Al Fakapa did say that. Or was it Fake Al Fakapa? Well, I could see either of them saying it.

Supergay
Username: Supergay

Post Number: 66
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The fake ABBA that just played at Pine Knob/DTE is always aweseome too!

Harpernottingham

Post Number: 212
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fake's the wave of the future.

All bands from here on out shall be fake.
Let there be fake Poison, fake Alabama, fake Peaches and Herb ...

Fake everybody!

And soon, the offspring of those fake bands will form bands of their own, faking the original fakers.

So you'll have a FAKE FAKE Bruce Springsteen, et al.

These fake-fake-grandchildren will take the place of great-great grandchildren.

Fakin' in the USA.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 2057
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Battle of the Kiss midget tribute bands:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0 ,2933,191549,00.html

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 139
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Fake's the wave of the future. "

Speaks volumes on the present attempts at entertaining. A Fake production of a mediocre act thirty years ago gets more mention.

They keep crying the internet is hurting their sales, did it ever occur to them, they probably just suck?

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 246
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 8:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How are the prices for these guys?
If they are reasonable and they sound half way decent, they should do real well.
It costs a days pay (or more) to see the real bands play at the Palace or Pine Knob.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 1102
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe if the music industry would stop targeting everything at 14 year old girls, some decent stuff would get out there.

Harpernottingham

Post Number: 214
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Fake Bruce show was sponsored by 94.7 WCSX-FM, and so ticket prices were just $9.47 at the door.

Erikto
Username: Erikto

Post Number: 562
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like fun! They should have performed cheap knock-off, mis-titled Bruuuce songs- "Born to Run USA", "Dancing in Asbury Park", stuff like that...
there's a fake Genesis group that does really well in Toronto and all over Quebec- the Musical Box! They recreate Genesis tours, using the same slides shows (authorized by Gabriel), costumes, instruments... I haven't seen them, but they now play Massey Hall in Toronto- where the real Genesis used to play. In fact there's a record of one of several fine sounding audience tapes, called 'Bedside Yellow Foam' or something like that, I'm sure "Musical Box" are now bootlegged, too. Some nut in Japan pressed a bootleg of 'The White', Torontonian Michael White's Zeppelin tribute band. Those Zep heads are weird...

Michmeister
Username: Michmeister

Post Number: 209
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course there was no fake Nils there, he replaces the fake Little Steve years later!

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 707
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You haven't lived until you've seen "The Milli-Vanilli Experience," with two fake guys wearing dreadlocks dancing and lip synching to a fake version of the real singer performing "Girl You Know It's True."

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 2201
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fake is the new real.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4498
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

My buddies and I had more fun at that show than we would've had at a real Springsteen show. I think just about everybody there did.

Have you ever been to a real Bruce Springsteen show? Did you buy your wife a cubic zirconia and tell her it's better than a diamond too? Why go to a great art museum and gaze upon an original work by Picasso or Monet when you can buy a reproduction print of the same painting at Target for like $10?

Trainman
Username: Trainman

Post Number: 441
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have fake public bus systems.

Next August 2010, the voters will have the chance to vote NO, to put an end to incompetence and illegal regional tax proposals and increases and the lies and the fake government leaders who know nearly nothing, if anything about mass transit.

Or, we can all go the Magic Bag and drink lots of beer and enjoy the music.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1490
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or, we can all go the Magic Bag and drink lots of beer and enjoy the music.

sounds like a plan

Johnlodge

Post Number: 1121
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Have you ever been to a real Bruce Springsteen show? Did you buy your wife a cubic zirconia and tell her it's better than a diamond too? Why go to a great art museum and gaze upon an original work by Picasso or Monet when you can buy a reproduction print of the same painting at Target for like $10?"

Man, can you just let someone have an opinion without making a friggin fit about about it? It's his opinion. Leave it be. We all have them. Thanks.

Harpernottingham

Post Number: 216
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoa ... fellas, why the hostility over a fun little thread like this? If you can't have fun with it, you're in the wrong place.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.