Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » New Grocer @ 7 Mile & Livernois « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 121
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good news! This is a great store. We have shopped at their current location when visiting friends on the east side.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=20077071403 35

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 704
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stopped going to Mike's Fresh Market when I saw a clerk putting new price stickers over the expired dates on a display of lunch meat. Mike's ain't so fresh!

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 722
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just checked the Farmer Jack on E. Jefferson to see if anything is going on there. But no, the store is closed and no sign announcing anything new coming soon either. Hopefully a store like this one will open there soon. The article says that the owner bought several of the Farmer Jacks. Hopefully this one is amongst it. I'm also wishing the owner of the Polish Markets would consider to open another location there, these are awesome stores.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6201
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Probably, a upcoming Arab owned Spartan Store would come to Detroit or possibly Whole Foods.

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 105
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

why "Arab"?

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1724
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not A-RAB, but AR-AB (lol).

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5798
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because he's Danny, Drankin.

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 108
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Lmichigan

Consider me another member of what I am sure is a large group of forumers that ignore his crap

Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 723
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, Drankin, a large group of Forumers don't consider Danny's posts as crap, I'm almost sure that Lmichigan is one of them. To most of us, Danny is special and his posts are usually accurate when it comes to historical Detroit topics and to the point on any other topic. Some of us, including me, had the honor of meeting Danny in person, and believe me, he is one amazing person.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5799
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope.

(Message edited by lmichigan on July 15, 2007)

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1488
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 2:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dannys posts are the highlight of my day! it is my goal to meet the elusive danny

Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 725
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 4:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lmichigan, I read your post before you edited it and was going to respond to it in a more positive way. Now all I have to say is you're ignorant if in all of your time around here you are not able to recognize certain people's personalities for what they are. I didn't mean to speak for you, I just made an assumption that you knew what I meant ...

Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 726
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 4:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now back to the original topic of the grocery store, please (and me going back to sleep for pete's sake)

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1329
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Think it will help give the Seven Mile/Livernois area a boost? That area is by no means the worst commercial strip in the city, in fact it is probably one of the better known ones. With the new median and all on Livernois, what else could this area still use?

Christos
Username: Christos

Post Number: 110
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Mike's Fresh" is anything but. If you look at the Department of Agg health code violations in those stores, its disgusting.

The problem is, all of those stores change ownership hands so much its hard to keep track of who was responsible for what violations.

I'm telling you guys- Paul Borman was the only person who could run a good grocery store in the city. (though the remodeled honeybee store is pretty good)

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 737
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7 & Livernois needs a boost like Michigan and Telegraph needs a boost. Once again (for the people who obviously are unaware that Detroit has a vast mixture of income levels) this area has one of the highest per capita incomes in the region.

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 946
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like to meet Danny too.

Sometimes, his post are very eloquent and well written as if by a 60 year old college professor. Other times they are wildly inane.

Sometimes, I am sure Danny is Black. Other times I wonder if he is white.

Who is this mysterious figure?

Waxx
Username: Waxx

Post Number: 226
Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to say that I went to Mike's Fresh Market for the first time earlier tonight and I was BEYOND impressed. Unlike the time when Kroger was at the G-7 location, it was virtually immaculate! Floors spotless, produce fresh, aisles were full, no muzack, it was quiet, affordable, and what left of Kroger still remains as far as the cosmetics of the interior was concerned. TOTALLY OPPOSITE to when Kroger was there. Even the last few Krogers in Detroit that were open 20 plus years ago fared better than the one that didn't even last two years at the old Wards location. I went so far as to tell a manager that the new market was off the chain. Now I am EAGERLY awaiting the one on the Avenue of Fashion (Livernois) to open. If I ever do OFFCIALLY move to the westside, that'll be my supermarket.

(Message edited by waxx on July 25, 2007)

Urbanize

Post Number: 1840
Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did they have variety? The 3 things I didn't like about the store was that it wasn't a Full Service Store, half the food wasn't fresh and they didn't have variety.

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 827
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed the same price-sticker-over-exp-date scam at the Glory in Hamtramck. It would be nice to see a hollywood or Busch's move in

Urbanize

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Glory on 8 Mile is the best one. I go shopping at that location. It has a Suburban Style Atmosphere, Decent Produce and Meats and Decent Variety.

The Highland Park and Hamtramack Grocery Stores just can't get a break when it comes to decent owners.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.