Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Vito's Bar in Lincoln Park « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 266
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone when and/or why Vito's on Fort Street in Lincoln Park closed? I've been working mid-nights lately & only noticed earlier this week they were out of business.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6212
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lack of business in Downtown Lincoln Park, now a instant ghetto.

Thanks a lot SEARS and Southland Mall.

Cushkid
Username: Cushkid

Post Number: 86
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny I doubt either of those things had to due with Vito's closing

Eric_w

Post Number: 267
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would agree-they always seemed to be busy when I went there. Consider that Southland & Sears have been around a long long time.

Christos
Username: Christos

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I knew the owners. I guess there was some "domestic dispute," and they closed the place.

Eric_w

Post Number: 270
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christos-
That would seem a likely reason. It's too bad they had great pizza.

Christos
Username: Christos

Post Number: 111
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, it was good stuff! We used to go there after school on half days and stuff ourselves with the "all you can eat pizza for $4", then shoot some stick. Good times.

I dont want to spread any rumors about the owners because they were friends, and i dont know the whole story, but i think it was just a simple family issue.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1970
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to the license they did have a little financial difficulties with some NSF checks. It is also marked as License Transfer pending.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.