Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Catering in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cmyk
Username: Cmyk

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was wondering if anyone here has ever had a restaurant cater a personal party. Good or bad, I wouldn't mind getting some advice on the subject. I don't have any thoughts or a menu in mind at this point so all options are open. The only thing is that I would prefer the place to be in Detroit. Thanks in advance.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 362
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Union Street = Excellent.

Cmyk

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've had dinner there many times and the food has always been great. They cater? I'll look into it. Anyone else?

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 539
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about an ethnic Detroit theme:
appetizers: Arabic: LaShesh
salad: Greek: Hellas
dinner: soul food: Southern Fires
dessert: Sanders ice cream & and hot fudge topping
and, of course: Vernor's Ginger Ale, Better Made chips, nuts from Germack's, and coffee from Rafals

Beatsworking
Username: Beatsworking

Post Number: 79
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I highly recommend Lunchtime Detroit.

www.lunchtimedetroit.com

They offer a unique menu and are good people. The location I'm familiar with is in the New Center One building, but I see they have opened (or are in the process of opening) a downtown location. Check 'em out!

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1302
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out Big Rock Chop House in Birmingham. Even though they are in the high rent district, thier prices are really reasonable. My office has used them for our lunch time meetings. The participants at our events were extremely pleased. Big Rock has top notch quality and great service. Jason Peltier runs the off site catering operation and he is a top notch Chef and event planner with years of experience:

http://www.bigrockchophouse.co m

Irvine_laird
Username: Irvine_laird

Post Number: 72
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Union Street Saloon caters most events and facility rentals at the Detroit Historical Museum and Dossin Great Lakes Museum, so I guess they would cater private parties as well.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1323
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also too Cmyk, depending on what you are catering, you might be able to get to try food from the different places that you are checking out. There will prob. be a lot of businesses that would cater and want the extra business. Looks like quite a few places on this list: http://www.thecityofdetroit.co m/catering/index.html.

Cmyk

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW! You guys are fantastic. Thanks for all the great recommendations. I'm lovin' the ethnic Detroit theme. Thanks again for all your help!

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1530
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out Forte/Belanger http://www.fortebelangercateri ng.com/clients.htm

very good. Not cheap, but you really get what you pay for in catering.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.