Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Detroit's UNcommon Scents « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9653
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was looking for some population and geographical data for the Eastern Market yesterday..and stumbled upon this site from Motor City Candleworks.

Pretty cool stuff...so glad to see others creating stuff from scratch here in the city.

Click on the 'all the scents we make' page...I love the names.

Kudos, MC Candleworks.

No true fan of Detroit should be without 'em.

Cheers!

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1726
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i am right across the hall from the MCC in the russell, wish my studio smelled as nice

Why
Username: Why

Post Number: 63
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reminds me of paying for gas and cigarettes at Metro Detroit gas stations and seeing the fake perfume displays next to condoms, reading "If you like Obsession, you'll LOVE Obnoxious at 1/2 the price".

"Pretty cool stuff...so glad to see others creating stuff from scratch here in the city." What would be more fun is "scratch and sniff" cards for those to remember why they left Detroit.

They're missing "Delray Doo" - a musty aroma of poop and smokestack. Or how about "DDOT Pee"? "Puke your guts out over Patchouli" for fond memories of Ferndale & Royal Oak?

Damn, I need a second source of income. Thanks!

Jb3
Username: Jb3

Post Number: 208
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It sure smelled like dirty gym socks downtown after that sprinkle of rain. WHEW! That was nasty.

quote:
"Damn, I need a second source of income. Thanks!"

Good frickin idea. I've been debating the dreaded second job for a long time now. I think it time i just do it. My Pinky and the brain idealogy of taking over the world has failed to produce a competent Pinky to my Brain....Starbucks it is then!...careful of the mind altering chemicals i place in your coffees as a diabolical plot to transform you all into subserviant zombies. Muhahahahhaha!

Jb3
Username: Jb3

Post Number: 209
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oops! Thanks GANNON!!! I'm going immediately!

Downtownguy
Username: Downtownguy

Post Number: 40
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the plug, Gannon.

Why: No Delray Doo, but there is "Delray Delight," one of the nicest scents (www.motorcitycandleworks.com/scents/delraydelight). Delray has been maligned enough already.

(Message edited by downtownguy on July 18, 2007)

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9659
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Downtown guy...you are absolutely welcome.

Please e-mail me at jjgannon (at) earthlink (dot) net , I've got a few questions for ya!

Cool you made a antidote for the negativity on Delray...that's the Spirit!

Cheers, and a relative welcome to the board.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.