Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Ugly truth for Detroiters » Archive through July 17, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The foundation, and the out-right funkiness of 'amerikkkan CAPITALISM, WHITENESS, SUPERIORITY, or whatever coded, covert, term you wish to use, is/and will be the destructive force of mankind if 'whites' don't get a hold of themselves!

'Whiteness', particularly in its supremacist mode, (its most dominate mode) has been manifest in 'amerikkka' in hegemonic, destructive, and most of all, in EVIL ways. It has polluted our moral ecology through slavery,colonialism, imperialism, and genocide.

So it appears to me, what fundamentally needs to be destroyed is that 'thing' they laud most, and that is; 'whiteness'!....and before your faces turn red, I'm not talking in barbaric ways like your ancestors have perfected__ I'm referring to the systemic reproduction of conceptions of whiteness as dominate; the ideology.

Like 'AG', I'm comfortable with the notion of destroying white folks culture by speaking and thinking the rearticulation, reconstitution, recasting of 'whiteness' to expand, and enhance, perhaps its more productive feature(what-ever that may be)...and to be sure we can't wipe out the conceptions of whiteness all by ourselves.

In order to begin to evaporate the destructive ways of whiteness,(particular in amerikkka) white people must deal with their guilt of 400 years of insinuating white domination. One of the most ingenious, and deceitful plans instituted by white supremacist is to insulate, and protect themselves from the knowledge of white supremacy's evil...of course we know, it helps 'them' sleep at night__go figure!

Bottom line, white folks put the burden on themselves a long time ago to so-call 'civilize' the world, now they must share a similar burden, and civilize themselves!

'AG'..we must meet!...continue to kick the mis-education!

blksoul_atcha!

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 599
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

You all have just inadvertently proved my point. Only white ideas will move forward as black ideas that don’t meet the approval of whites will go nowhere.

Accraghana, no one has proven anything, since you have yet to provide EVEN ONE idea, and we have been listening with open ears, or were, until you began to spout off your own underlying racism.
quote:

You all are convinced that the government cannot facilitate this desired change…but what if you are WRONG?

Civil rights act of 1968 prohibited discrimination concerning the sale, rental, and financing of housing. yet a couple sentences later,
quote:

Studies show that racism in hiring and housing is alive and well.

So obviously, that attempt at government intervention didn't work. Nor, if one listens to your complaints that nothing has gotten better, did the Civil Rights Acts of 1866, 1871, 1875, 1957, 1960, 1964, or 1991.
quote:

You assume you have all the answers but 300 years of your rules and ideas HAVE NEVER PRODUCED EQUALITY FOR BLACKS.

Since I wasn't around 300 years ago, you can hardly hold me accountable for something they did back then. Especially, since it wasn't even my ancestors, who were still 150 years away from coming to America. YOU, Accraghana, are generalizing and stereotyping, and frankly, I don't appreciate it. You ignore my opinion cause some unrelated dead white guy wasn't able to solve the problem 300 years ago, in a time where equality for blacks wasn't even fathomed?

Get some perpective here - until the civil war, for a slave, equality wasn't the dream - freedom was. It took another century to dream for equality. Less than 50 years later, you can go to the same schools, socialize in the same places, buy homes in the same neighborhood, interracial dating and marraiges are commonplace. In their eyes, you are equal. No, you don't have the same opportunities as Bill Gates' kids. But neither do my kids. What you fight for now for the most part, is not equality, but prosperity. And there's no guarantees with that one.
quote:

You don’t have a good track record in regards to your motivation. You don’t have a good track record in regards to your performance/treatment of blacks.

Again, generalizing. My motivation is a better life for all Americans, regardless of color. Yours seems to be a better life just for blacks. Who's racist? my treatment of blacks? the same as whites. Those that are more paranoid of racism have interpreted it as such, but the reality of it is that i rarely feel comfortable around people of any race, even my own. It's not my actions that are at fault, it's the perceptions. I dont know what you expect from me, or other white guys, but you seem to take EVERY action as having something to do with your race.
quote:

How about just allowing blacks to come up with policies to be implemented by the government to see with the resultant will be?

We're still waiting for one of your suggestions. Will we debate it? certainly. perhaps it could be expanded on, even improved. of course, then you'd be offended cause the white man messed up your plan, and then you might have to say thanks to a white guy.
quote:

Black people are viewed, and always have been, as non-hard working, intellectual or industrious people.

Most of the ones I have worked with are in fact some of the smartest, hardest working, most industrious people I have ever known. The few that aren't take laziness to a whole new level, but i have found fewer lazy blacks percentage-wise than I have found among whites. What I don't understand is how this industriousness has failed to result in better, safer neighborhoods. Honestly, i really don't get it, and would appreciate any insight, because in my mind, it defies logic. One doesn't have to be rich to not shoot someone, or to not rob people, or to pick up your yard. It honestly doesn't make sense.
quote:

That is standard racism 101 and that is why America, white America, see any attempt by the government to be a wasted effort or a permanent subsidy as blacks are simply inherently unable to keep pace with whites.

Most of us have given up on an honest discussion, because so many, such as yourself, try reading racism into every little word that is said. You can't see the forest for the trees. What you could have said, instead, is the following:
'Like Europe, the black community is also hard-working and determined to bring our neighborhoods and families out of poverty. We are ready and willing, but we are unable to do it by ourselves. Like Europe, we are going to need a lot of money and expertise to fix up our cities and return them to a safe, livable condition that everyone can enjoy. What can we do together to fix this problem?'

Just something along those lines, a little humility and graciousness would go a long way towards helping your cause. It's inviting someone to agree with you, rather than daring them to disagree. Unfortunately, just screaming out 'You're racist' makes people back away and avoid the issue entirely. They put blinders on, and avoid your neighborhoods so they can avoid such an accusation again. You've offended them, and now you're unlikely to get any help or cooperation from them at all. A shame, when they may have been a great ally, open to suggestions and - if your theory is correct - had the power as a white person to do something about it. And if your theory is wrong, you still would have had one more person, one more head full of ideas, to help your cause.

I honestly doubt that MLK would have agreed with such an approach, and I hope you reconsider your stance towards whites, because you do not help your cause - or America - with your current one.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 670
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is not a place for such blatant hate. Perhaps blk and accra should meet and try to out-talk eachother while never coming up with answers to anything. All the while patting themselves on the backs for being so much more "in touch" than everyone else.

The both of you are sounding silly now.

Please take your hatred somewhere else. It is not welcome here.
--------------
"This garbage you preach will only end in devastation for both of the races. both of my people and I ABHOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND ASPIRATIONS."
the good rev
-----------
ITA with the good rev.
Maybe this is just a social experiment on your part to see what sh%^ you can stir up?
Your viewpoints aren't worth my time. bye bye.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 671
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is not a place for such blatant hate. Perhaps blk and accra should meet and try to out-talk eachother while never coming up with answers to anything. All the while patting themselves on the backs for being so much more "in touch" than everyone else.

Please take your hatred somewhere else. It is not welcome here.
--------------
"This garbage you preach will only end in devastation for both of the races. both of my people and I ABHOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND ASPIRATIONS."
the good rev
-----------
ITA with the good rev.
Maybe this is just a social experiment on your part to see what sh%^ you can stir up?
Your viewpoints aren't worth my time. bye bye.

Accraghana
Username: Accraghana

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit yes is NOT congress. Ideas debated here about particulars of what the government should be doing or should not be doing are fruitless. I hold the general belief that the government CAN facilitate the needed change…. if it were in the majority will of the people and whites just happen to be in the majority. Thus, historically, it’s the fox guarding the hen house having the expectation that blacks historical oppressors will have the will to guard, if not promote, black recovery from oppression.

I do not harbor hate for people…just for conditions that people create out of malice, greed and ignorance. I am not attempting to solve problems just for blacks either. Rather, my goal is to align black problems with that of white problems. The rate of poverty in America for whites is about 8 percent. The rate of poverty in America for blacks is about 25%. The goal of what I am advocating is that black rates of poverty move to around 8% as well. At that point…. there is no racial discrepancies and the problems of the poor can be addressed as one. Its not a radical idea to triage based upon degree of pain or injury. Hospitals do it all the time.

The government cannot legislate away racism. As I pointed out, racism in hiring and housing still exists and these facts are discovered when college researches send out “testers” one white one black with equal credentials. These studies then reveal pervasive racism. Thus, although the government cannot pass legislation to change people’s hearts, they could create an agency of “testers” that were paid to go looking evidence of racism to prosecute. Just like the police use “stings” and set up drug deals to catch drug dealers, if America, white America, had the WILL, the government would have or would have many more “stings” set up to catch racism in hiring, housing and other areas.

Revaldullton
Username: Revaldullton

Post Number: 277
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 7:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe you have been dismissed by the genuine people of this forum.
Now off you go to your fantasy land.

good day you poor misguided uneducated child.

the good rev

Exmotowner
Username: Exmotowner

Post Number: 351
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Accraghana, I dont think there is anything we can do that would make you happy. We could kiss your ass all over this planet and you would still be bitter. What excatly can we do that will fix the problem other than handing you millions on a silver platter with a huge home and several nice rides that we owe you for our forefathers (who we have never known) that kept your forefathers (who you have never known) in opperssion etc. All you seem to be able to do is bitch and point blame. Have your ran for any office? Why dont you try being a part of the solution for once instead of being a part of the problem?

Accraghana

Post Number: 33
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From whence do you glean bitterness or hate or any emotional state from anything I have said thus far? You must naturally assume that the TRUTH would or should naturally produce such an emotional state for a person who understands and applies history. I don’t place value in huge homes or nice rides…..so no…..your suggestion would not suffice.

What you seem to not realize is that I AM NOT ASKING YOU FOR ANYTHING. I am simply noting what the problem has been and is and you all retort with the assumption that I am bitter, hate filled and asking or begging whites for something. This is a representative Republic where majority rules. Whites are the majority and hence rule. Whites have been the traditional oppressors of blacks, even though such oppression never required that ALL whites partake in said oppression. Blacks still reside in the land of their oppression with the group that oppressed them still ruling and dominating the political and economic landscape of the nation.

I am sorry that if the reputation of whites lags the reality of whites, but that is the way human nature works. It has been said that past behavior is the best indicator of present and future behavior. For whites this means that it is only human to judge “whites”, as a collective, by the behavior of past whites. A person who has led the life of a thief should expect to be seen as a thief….even if he changes. Every action creates a reaction and hence a consequence of white’s action in the past is to stain the reputation of whites in the present and to be quite honest, whites are not doing a lot to regain their image based upon prevailing attitudes today.

Whites today want to be GIVEN respect as not being racist, without having to EARN it. Just because a person did not live 300, 150 or 75 years ago does not mean that they cannot believe in their subconscious that blacks are genetically inferior. Many whites believe that black’s domination in certain sports is a genetic “gift” and not all attributed to hard work. Thus, its hardly radical or reaching to suggest that many whites also feel that in regards to intellect, drive, temperament and such, that it is whites who have received the genetic “gift” and therefore that is why whites socioeconomic status is higher than blacks in the competition of economics. Obviously every white person knows that hinting at the latter is a tell tale sign of a racist.

Like I said before, just because a person does not consciously think about something does not mean that they do not subconsciously think that way. If I can drive my car without consciously thinking about, day dreaming and the like, then most certainly a person can be racist without thinking about it. The cultural paradigms of this nation are and have always been one of the assumption of white superiority and black inferiority. Emotional based racism, hate, has waned dramatically. Non emotional rational racism, the idea of white supremacy, is alive and well and it’s the unstated premise of white dissent.

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 152
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "These studies then reveal pervasive racism. Thus, although the government cannot pass legislation to change people’s hearts, they could create an agency of “testers” that were paid to go looking evidence of racism to prosecute."

This is right up there with outlawing certain words. I guess these folks never heard of "freedom of speech" or "freedom of expression". These types of idiotic proposals are grounded in hatred and do nothing to solve the problem, only give it continuance and even sharpen it's resolve.

Nobody should be required by law to do anything based on race. Then government is promoting racism.

It's not as big of a problem nowadays as you try and make it out to be. Your argument is tired and dated. People need to get off this mindset when something doesn't proceed properly, immediately blaming someone else. Thats all some people need, to fail. Everyone has set backs, trials and obstacles to overcome. But giving up and blaming someone else is just nonsense. Its a cycle with some, regardless of race.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 280
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you notice the 2 regulars that constantly spew this trash are MIA all during this time these 2 newbies are spewing their hatred?

just a thought
the good rev

(Message edited by revaldullton on July 16, 2007)

Newport1128
Username: Newport1128

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm outta this thread. I won't waste my time listening to others spew hatred and racism (black and white). That's been going on for thousands of years, and where has it gotten us as a species? I'd rather go out and do one positive act than to spend another minute on useless rhetoric. 'Bye and PEACE to all.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 286
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with Newport

Very Smart individual indeed.

Trying to have a discussion with these racists/seperatists is a total waste and counter productive.

the good rev

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 312
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have not read all the posts yet but from what I’ve read they are pretty interesting.

ACCRAGHANA - I have really enjoyed reading your insights on the topic...

Karl-
"If a person doesn't feel safe, common sense dictates that they will leave and perhaps never come back."

Are you serious? How can a poor family just pick up and leave? If you don’t have any money, or more importantly, social equity how does one get up and leave? It takes support from many to help out in these types of situations.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 2065
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Sorry, only Lowell has that power.

Accraghana

Post Number: 34
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the record, I have no desire to be physically separated from any group. I get along with everyone fine. Everyone seems to like me and maybe that is because I genuinely like most of the people I meet….regardless of color. I think its much easier to find a way to vilify me in order that you can dismiss the message. Many of you find it hard to reconcile that a “nice guy” would say these things. Have not you ever heard the saying “the speaker of truth has few friends”. It’s kind of like the wife asking you if some item of clothing makes her look fat….when the truth is that it is her who IS fat. She will not take kindly to such blatant truth. Its part of human nature. So I look at the reaction I get from whites with the same lack of surprise of reaction I would get from my wife if I told her she was fat. The truth often hurts and people hurt by the truth often go into attack mode against the messenger. Hence, the only thing that most of you can do now is attack me….the messenger from simply speaking the truth of how the system works and has worked for centuries. Yet, I am the problem? No….the problem for many of you is TRUTH.

If you want to find the people who are the problem…simply find the people who have a problem with the truth. It’s like finding the vampire…..if you want to find the vampires in a dark room…..see who recoils and run when the LIGHT of day is let into the room. The truth is the LIGHT.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 287
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tell them who you really are. I mean your normal screen name.
If its the truth then your "friends" won't look at you any differently now will they?

the good rev

Scottr

Post Number: 602
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AG, you seem to have a simile for every situation. unfortunately, most of them are poor comparisons. When it boils down to it, you not provided a single solution to any problem. And now that your racism has scared all the white people away, you declare victory, and claim that they were scared away by the truth. But what has happened is that they are tired of hearing the nonsense and the absolute refusal to have an honest conversation. You accuse them of running from the truth - yet you have avoided it yourself.

I do not doubt that you are a fine person. Unfortunately, discussions like this tend to bring out the worst in people. I hope this thread has not put a bad taste in your mouth regarding this forum or the people on it, because from what I have seen, they are a very diverse, open minded, intelligent group. I hope next time you will consider sharing your ideas with them, regardless of color.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9565
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Jt1 says:
"I agree that people need to take responsibility for themselves, their children and their community. I will add however that it is complete and utter non-sense that the people and businesses that fled believe they shoulder no blame for the state of the city."

Ok, now that you've blamed people and businesses for leaving the city what do you think those people/businees should do to turn it around?

Blame solves nothing.

Your first sentence was good.

Kath - My point was that Detroit is in the shape it is due to many more than the current population. The business and people that left contributed heavily to its demise (and are the first to complain) and should be working with the city and helping out when and where they can.

My issue is the million people that contributed to the cities demise but now point the finger at the residents that are left to deal with the city due to their own actions and the actions of those that left. Did the home analogy not make sense.

Skim through this thread and those that are complaining and blaming the most are those that left the city and do nothing for the city. Let's look at history and ask that those that contributed to the city's demise also help it improve as opposed to just pointing fingers at the current residents.

Accraghana

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scottr,
I does not make sense to me that one would expect for me to offer solutions had not I presented a valid analysis of the cause of the problem. Personally I would never expect a person who cannot even get the cause of the problem right to offer up any valid solution. I don’t know….maybe you folks are different. Maybe you expect people who don’t know what they are talking about to offer solutions notwithstanding their ignorance. Thus, as far as I am concerned, the fact that many of you are asking me for solutions implies that you cannot refute, if not accept, that my analysis is indeed the TRUTH.

Don’t tell me that I am wrong…..demonstrate how I am wrong by presenting what is correct. Is this not a majority rule representative republic where whites are the majority? Does not America have a long historical record of the oppression of black people based upon their “race”. Is not the present the creation of the past? Hence, is not the black present the creation of the black past? Is it not true that actions produce reactions? Is it not true that one should expect 300 years of racism to manifest a reaction/condition in blacks?

If the foundation of my reasoning is flawed……please…..enlighten me with the TRUTH and what is correct because I only want to be on the side of truth.

Exmotowner

Post Number: 354
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Blacks still reside in the land of their oppression with the group that oppressed them still ruling and dominating the political and economic landscape of the nation."

Man, If I felt this way I would take my ass out of here. Go back to africa and see how good you have it buddy. I'm sorry black people were mistreated! We know they were! Go to the Sudan, you can still be a slave there at the hands of your own people! I'll buy your ticket guy!

Revaldullton

Post Number: 290
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ouch EX, that's a bit harsh.

Even if this undercover regular is a hate monger his self there is no need to stoop to his level.

the good rev

Scottr

Post Number: 604
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Is this not a majority rule representative republic where whites are the majority?

The only way that matters is if the majority of whites are truly out to keep the black man in poverty, and united enough to keep representatives in power that will vote that way. That simply isn't the case.
quote:

Does not America have a long historical record of the oppression of black people based upon their “race”.

Yes, you are correct on this. However, I think you assume because blacks were being oppressed 50, 100, 200 years ago, they MUST still be oppressed now. But like I said earlier, blacks, for the most part, have nearly achieved equality, at least so far as what the government can do. What you seek now is not equality but prosperity. And no amount of legislation is going to provide that.
quote:

Is not the present the creation of the past?

To an extent yes. But more importantly, it's what YOU make of it. There are plenty of examples of successful blacks - not just athletes. You, for the most part, seem angry that you're not one of them. You had the same opportunities as they did. They made something of it, you didn't. The same goes for whites. Others made something of their life, I didn't. The difference is, i'm not blaming oppression, or history, or anyone else - I blame MYSELF and the actions i made.
quote:

Hence, is not the black present the creation of the black past?

See my previous answer.
quote:

Is it not true that actions produce reactions?

Of course. And your actions - your constant complaints that no white person will listen to your ideas because you're black, and providing no ideas whatsoever to those who want to help, has provoked a reaction - people turning around and walking away, ignoring what else you have to say. Soon you will get angry because you feel you're a victim of racism. But what you haven't realized, is that it wasn't racism, it was frustration at YOUR actions. It had nothing to to with race, it's your actions. And now this little thread has become a microcosm of the current problem.
quote:

Is it not true that one should expect 300 years of racism to manifest a reaction/condition in blacks?

This is where I get frustrated. You are not the first group to be oppressed. Countless other groups - Christians, Jews, Asians, etc etc etc, have been oppressed, often for FAR longer, and they don't resort to killing each other, or blowing off their education, or fathers abandoning their children - all rampant problems in the black community today. So your explanation that the oppression and racism is the reason for some blacks' actions today, frankly does not hold up.

and back to the beginning...
quote:

I does not make sense to me that one would expect for me to offer solutions had not I presented a valid analysis of the cause of the problem.

You wanted the opportunity to suggest solutions, we asked, with open minds, for those ideas. It had nothing to do with your explanation for the cause, valid or not.

Since you like similes and metaphors... My analysis that my car has a split hose results in buying a new hose, and replacing it. After I installed it, i realize there are no cracks in the old one - it had just slipped off a little. Replacing it fixed the problem anyways, and if anything, it will last longer than just tightening down the old hose. My analysis was wrong, but my solution was effective.

If nothing else, it's brainstorming. Maybe you had revolutionary new ideas that could truly change the fortunes of millions. We'll never know, because you refused to share them. Why? because we're white, and you ASSUME we won't accept it. Honestly, I think that like so many, you only want to complain about what's wrong, and when someone surprises you by asking how to fix it, you realize you have no idea either.

Exmotowner

Post Number: 355
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"ouch EX, that's a bit harsh."

Sorry Rev. your right I did stoop to his level but man you can only spew so much crap without offering any solutions before people get angry and his posts have done that. There is nothing we can do to change history! Nothing! It happened WE KNOW IT WAS TERRIBLE! He wont even hear that! WE APOLOGIZE!!! Now lets get over that hump and find some solutions. It wont be very long before the majority of America is NOT white, and probably now if you include the hispanics, asians, and other people of color, we probably are actually NOT the majority. Ok Im done I'll shut up!

Revaldullton

Post Number: 292
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol Ex,

I hear ya. Same old tired story from a frustrated man who wants to blame others and what better way to do it than through his own bigotry.

Im sure we all had to deal with this crap at one time or another. Some of us more than most.

Best thing to do, is what you and I and plenty of others have done.
Save our pennies and move.

I was able to save a few bucks and leave because I did not want my gorgeous wife and child to grow up with all this hate monger stuff.

Now we live in a diverse city and while we still get the occaisional remarks, we ignore them because they cannot hurt us. In Detroit, they could and have tried simply because of our backgrounds and their deep seeded hatred they obviously don't realize the have.

Soon, we will be moving to a small Northern town and we will be able to raise our fmily in even a better enviroment where my child will not have to deal with racism from either side.

I realized what this person's agenda is and it is not to find a solution but to continually bait and switch in hopes of finding some feeble minded souls to agree with him and just spread more hatred and division amogst us that want to live peacefully.
Unfortunately, he has a few misguided followers which jump to his aid as I have seen in other threads under his real name.

the good rev

ps: notice he did not even acknowledge my question asking himself to reveal his regular screen name.
With regards to history, who else hid from the ublic eye while spewing hatred? lol

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 363
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Exmotown

Thanks for the information about W. Boston home from last week, you were right.

Also, I have been reading so much about the injustices to blacks on these posts and then thought Exmotown, what prejudices you must experience as a gay person

Im not taking away from the black white issue, but we live in a country where gays are NOT allowed to marry, not adopt children, are discriminated in churches, among family members and at the work place

I dont see gays daily in here whining about injustices. Matter of fact, gays pull themselves out of situations. I remember when AIDS hit the U.S., gays took care of their own, raising money for research and taught the U.S. people a thing or 2 about the disease and how to take care of a loved one who was diagnosed

Again, Im sure I will have a few to go off on me, but think about this

Try telling black people they CANT marry, cant adopt, cant go into an emergency room incase their spouse was in critical condition. Try telling blacks they loose everything to a sibling if their spouses didnt have a will.

I know that gays themselves have a higher income, higher education level, a higher dependability of taking in loved ones and even raising children.

Thanks for listening. Im not saying things are unfair,who ever said life was fair, but its the way you deal with it that makes or breaks you, and I for one applaud the gay community for all its strides and break throughs....

I also applaud all blacks, hispanics, asians and anyone else that has dealt with racism, who got an education, make a success of themselves and been able to overcome any obstacles they faced. Congratulations .................Jane

Jt1

Post Number: 9567
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Janes - Who is easier to pick out of a lineup - a black person or a gay person?

Gays face grave injustices in this country but using that as a means to dismiss the 400 years of black history in this country is a major simplification.

People told blacks for years they CAN't buy homes in certain areas, were arrested/killed for being in the wrong area, etc.

Injustices to the gay community does not make the 400 years of oppresion to many blacks any less horrible.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 294
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From a voice of reason.

thanx Jane

Very well put indeed.

ok Im off to go exploring.

the good rev

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1617
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^apparently you missed her disclaimer...

"Im not taking away from the black white issue..."

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 124
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scottr, I think you have done great job explaining yourself. Your posts have put in to words a lot of the ways I feel. I do think you are wasting your time, though. I dealt with this guy a couple of weeks ago when his username was something like "blacksoul". It was a pointless argument, but I am glad to read your rational thoughts.

Jt1

Post Number: 9568
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw the disclaimer but it is taking away from the issue of discrimination against blacks. That issue does not change the message she is trying to make.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 295
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope, but goes hand in hand with all groups at one time or another being discriminated against and especially the gay community and all they are and have been put through.

With their abiltiy to overcome instead of what this person is trying to do here /

Did'nt miss a thing, but she makes a whole lot more sense then the ones agreeing with this guy.

It was a most excellent comparison indeed. And a worthy one at that.

the good rev

Janesback

Post Number: 364
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Janes - Who is easier to pick out of a lineup - a black person or a gay person?

Lol, I dont mean this to be harsh, really I dont, but the gays guys I know, you would have to be blind to know that there werent gay........

Lots of swish in their walk. Kinda like you know what they are,before you know who they are.... So I think I have you there.......

Again, Im not being rude, its just a fact, you would be pretty stupid if you couldnt pick these gay guys out of a line up, trust me. Im not sterotying, I know some hot hunky guys who are built like there is tomorrow so I get your point....just thought it was kinda ironic about picking out gays in a line up...sorry :-)
Love, Jane

Jt1

Post Number: 9569
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holy stereotype batman!

I know a few gay guys that could pass as lumberjacks and a couple gay women that couple pass for hetero models and are as feminine as they come.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 296
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blk Soul is still here. This is the other person with the new moniker.

Blk soul is a moniker and so is this Accra person.

But I just want to ask one more time. If these 2 gentlemen believe whole heartedly that what they say is fact why hide behind a false user name?

You say everyone likes you and most forumers agree with you then why create a whole new moniker for it?

Just be yourselves, don't hide. Im sure your friends will not hold your true thoughts against you.

What do they say in the gay community? Coming out?

the good rev
the good rev

Accraghana

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scottr,
In regards to majority rule: People are motivated by self interest. People vote their interest. If white people do not share an interest with black people in degree or kind, they will not vote for that interest. It does not require that whites have the INTENT of keeping blacks down to have the EFFECT of keeping blacks down. That is why your retort is fallacious.

No I am not saying that because blacks were oppressed in the past that they are being oppressed in the present. What I am saying is that all actions produce reactions and consequences and that blacks are still reacting and feeling the consequence of past racism. Moreover, black poverty rates 3 times the rate of whites is close enough to racial equality for whom…..YOU? Again, you presuppose that the government can do not more….without any proof as to why it cannot if it really tried.

Whatever you make of the present, you can never make it not a consequence or reaction to the past. Oh….and in your infinite unparalleled wisdom you have determined my economic status to be that of someone who is not “successful” and hence that I am attempting to externalize my failures…ROFLMAO. Ok…let’s stick with what can be demonstrated….OK? I know you want to caste aspersion upon me for things that I have said…..but please….save the speculative racist assumptions.

So…following your logic…..is black racism really not racism but frustration about the actions of whites against blacks over a 300 year period? So now whites respond with frustration/racism as a reaction to the frustration/racism of blacks which was ORIGINALLY caused by white racism? It seems that whites are the origin, causations, of this natural human chain reaction. Again, the present is the creation of the past.

If you look at the era of prohibition, poor whites were killing each other like blacks are killing each other today. For oppressed people, the regulation or outlawing of commodities demanded by consumers in a free market produces criminality as they can profit from bringing product and customer together. This lucrative underground activity then attracts much competition which is gained or maintained through violence. Pretty soon a culture of violence develops a violence demonstrated becomes violence emulated in the human socialization process. Black’s communities have become the retail center for certain types of prohibited drugs as the black community and its high legacy of poverty from white’s racism attracts many people to the underground economy. Blacks, however, are not the creator or wholesalers of this commodity. So blacks were made vulnerable by oppression and Drugs and guns created a very self destructive culture. Other oppressed groups did not have that to deal with.

If you all asked me for solution knowing that I did not have a keen grasp on the problem then it is you who are fools. On my job I work at problem solving every day…..as a team. I would never depend upon or delegate that a person who does not understand a problem should be responsible for providing a solution to the problem. That just would not make good businesses sense…or common sense for that matter. It seems reasonable to assume that the prerequisite of a solution is a proper understanding of the problem. SO...given you folks the benefit of the doubt conscerning intellect and common sense....you only ask me for solutiont because deep down inside you know that analysis of the problem is correct.

Because you can fool yourselves.....don't think you can fool me....I am not that credulous!

(Message edited by accraghana on July 16, 2007)

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 676
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 2065
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:00 am:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------

quote:

Sorry, only Lowell has that power.
-----------------

Pam, I have dismissed her as well as blksoul. I too, have that power. I believe the rev meant that we have dismissed in our own minds.

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 1851
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

save the speculative racist assumptions.

Says Accraghana with no sense of irony.

Accraghana - I was not going to respond to you but as you seemed to have calmed down a bit I will say this. It seems that the basis for many of your arguments is that you claim to know what lies in the hearts and minds of white people. You even mentioned that some whites may subconsciously feel blacks are inferior.

As a white person, I can tell you that you know nothing of what is in my mind any more than I would know what is in yours, other than what you choose to tell me. In the end, it really doesn't matter what white people may believe anyway.

Your destiny is in YOUR hands. The decisions YOU make every day and YOUR actions will determine your fate, not what some other person you don't even know thinks about you or your race. This is something you cannot seem to fathom.

Exmotowner

Post Number: 356
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the great post Jane. but No you could not pick me out in a lineup of gay lookin folks. I have no swish (I walk just like my dad), Im a bodybuilder with a very masculine voice and appearance and I do pride myself on not looking gay or acting gay. I was at a bar with some straight guys I worked with and they told me they could pick out a "queer" from a mile away. I just laughed and said ME TOO! LOL

And there was NEVER and I do mean NEVER a time when being gay was accepted by the general public! And its still not! I was with my ex for 20 years and my sister and I were talking about our funeral arrangements and I said Tom will know what to do if something happens to me. Her response? "Tom will have NO say in the matter, hes not related to you"! I took tom that day to the lawyers office and had all the legal work done then went to her and told her. "I have given tom total legal power of attorney, if he wants to have me cremated and stick my ashes up an elephants ass he can do it! You have no say in the matter". lets just say she was NOT happy!

Your right though, if our partner is in the ER or ICU we can be kept out unless we have done the proper paperwork.

I promise, you would never "clock" me as Gay.

Jt1

Post Number: 9571
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ex - good for you on the paperwork. Tom has more right to be able to access you and make decisions for you than anyone else. Hopefully we will one day get to a point where you and your partner can have the same legal rights and access to each other as everyone else.

Hopefully one day the idiots in Washington and in this country will realize that you can't legislate love.

Exmotowner

Post Number: 357
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a friend in the 80's that was with his partner for 10 years and the last years the partner had full blown AIDS. The day he died the family came in and told him to get his clothes and get out. He wasnt able to get a thing he and his partner had worked for. It still happens today!. I never would have thought my sister would have said anything let alone done anything like that but I was glad she let me know I was wrong!

Accraghana

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PerfectGentlemen,
The bases of my argument are NOT based upon an assumption of what white people think. It’s based upon the history of how whites have collectively behaved towards blacks. Its also based upon the mathematics of how the MAJORITY gets to rule in our political construct. Its also based upon the fact that many problems are much, much more acute in the black community than in the white community and thus….not an interest to whites in the same degree that they are an interest to blacks. There is not an infinite amount of tax resources that can be put to use and thus the Majority uses their power to have appropriations spent and polices created that are derived from the Majorities hierarchy interest and not the minorities hierarchy of interest. Whether the majority is consciously racist or not does not change the injustice to demographic minorities having their specific interest represented.

You are correct that I cannot read the minds of whites…but little of what I said is dependent upon such clairvoyance

Revaldullton

Post Number: 298
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes,

Gay men and women and those in the transgendered community are far more discriminated aginst in today's society.

such a shame.
You think we would learn from our mistakes.
I once told a friend of mine, Jean, who cried the same crap as a few others above daily that he has a lot of nerve discriminating against the gay community.
If he as a black man felt he was being discriminated against what the hell gave him the right to do the same thing.
He of all people should not be bigoted.
Needless to say, it went over above and byond his head.
Ex, keep your chin up pal. Things are getting much better for your people everyday pal.

the good rev

Scottr

Post Number: 605
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

People are motivated by self interest. People vote their interest. If white people do not share an interest with black people in degree or kind, they will not vote for that interest.

I'd like you to actually show me how this process works. Show me a specific recent situation, not generalities, where this 'not sharing an interest' led to a majority of congress being elected that passed laws that oppressed blacks.
Not only that, a safe, healthy, prosperous community is in everyones best interests. Keeping black people in poverty serves no one. Your logic is flawed.
quote:

Moreover, black poverty rates 3 times the rate of whites is close enough to racial equality for whom…..YOU?

As I said, you confuse equality with prosperity. Equality can be legislated to a point. Prosperity cannot be legislated at all.
quote:

Again, you presuppose that the government can do not more….without any proof as to why it cannot if it really tried.

You have yet to suggest ANYTHING that could be done, let alone something done by a government program that will most likely, like most government programs, do little more than tie up taxpayers dollars in red tape, costing blacks and whites more every april 15th while doing little to actually solve the underlying problems. Not to mention, government programs so far have done nothing to improve your situation, in many cases, it has made things worse, so i am hesitant to accept that more government is the solution. But if you have an idea for any program, government or otherwise, that would be able to improve the lives of blacks, please, say so.
quote:

Oh….and in your infinite unparalleled wisdom you have determined my economic status to be that of someone who is not “successful” and hence that I am attempting to externalize my failures

If you would look back, you would notice i say SEEM. Given your racist attitudes and assumptions you have demonstrated time and time again, with NO basis for any of it, it would seem i should be able to expect a little leeway for what i may or may not have wrongly assumed from the anger you have displayed here. As PG pointed out, your own 'speculative racist assumptions' have led you to refuse to share any ideas because us white people will reject them because it's not in our interest.
quote:

So…following your logic…..is black racism really not racism blah blah blah the present is the creation of the past.

Your semantics are getting to sound just foolish. You scream that everyone else is racist but don't realize that it should be yourself you are directing your rants at.
quote:

If you look at the era of prohibition, poor whites were killing each other like blacks are killing each other today. etc etc...

You have a good argument there, thank you for returning to your previous intelligent arguments. However, we are not the wholesalers or creators of these things either. The people who are may be white, but spreading the blame to ALL whites is racist in itself. I abhor what they have done to all of our society - my exwife, the mother of my children, now faces some serious health problems and an early death for what was pushed to her. The people that she got those drugs from happened to be black. I don't blame you or other blacks for that - i blame those specific individuals.

quote:

f you all asked me for solution knowing that I did not have a keen grasp on the problem then it is you who are fools...

Again, see my comparison to the car. Some of your points have been good, and we hoped to hear your ideas on the solutions. However, it has delved into the typical anti-white BS we've heard time and time again, and it soon became clear you were no more interested in a solution than so many others that just want someone to blame. If all these problems were solved, blacks would have no one but yourselves to point the finger at - but why do that, when it's so much easier to blame the white man? This is what so many of us tire of - we honestly want a real solution, but it seems few others do.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 677
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey you guys,

Something is fishy in Denmark.

I'm getting the serious feeling that accra isn't who it says it is.

There is more (or less) to this accra person than we know. Suddenly popping up and spewing things from it's mouth that riles just about every poster here? Hmmmmmmm....

No sources named for any statistics, no answers to any questions?

Wouldn't it be funny if this accra thing is one of our missing posters? Playing a game on us?

I mean, no one knows who people are online, right? SOme of you know each other, but I wouldn't know you if I saw you.

Also, don't lets get our panties in a wad over the views of one individual. It's not like there are thousands of responders shouting, "You go accra!" "Overthrow the hierarchy!" Just a few of us with nothing better to do.

I'm sensing something is amiss, and my sense is usually correct.

Now off to the Something Lighter thread on Non-Detroit!

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 1854
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

You are correct that I cannot read the minds of whites…but little of what I said is dependent upon such clairvoyance

Yet, here are some quotes from your posts:

quote:

Most whites that I know seem to be good people and seemed to have moved on from demonstrating overtly racist behavior. What’s going on in their subconscious, however, I am not sure is the same thing.

quote:

Just because a person did not live 300, 150 or 75 years ago does not mean that they cannot believe in their subconscious that blacks are genetically inferior.

quote:

Like I said before, just because a person does not consciously think about something does not mean that they do not subconsciously think that way.

quote:

There is not an infinite amount of tax resources that can be put to use and thus the Majority uses their power to have appropriations spent and polices created that are derived from the Majorities hierarchy interest and not the minorities hierarchy of interest

The federal government does not set aside money specifically for white people, the programs are there for anyone who needs them and who qualifies. Quality of life issues are universal, crossing all racial lines. Entitlement programs are currently at 60% of the overall budget, thats alot of money. To say that blacks are not getting their fair share of this is preposterous.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Suddenly popping up and spewing things from it's mouth that riles just about every poster here?"

Not really...

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 678
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Partial Accra quote: ....On my job I work at problem solving every day…..as a team.

Ah Hah! Schizophrenic!! I knew it!
Man, I'm funny today.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 679
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, of course I did say "just about every poster here"

Feel free to exclude yourself from that group now.

Exmotowner

Post Number: 358
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"How can a poor family just pick up and leave? If you don’t have any money, or more importantly, social equity how does one get up and leave? It takes support from many to help out in these types of situations."

You think some of us didnt have help leaving? Theres no way in hell I could have moved if my partners rich aunt didnt provide a beautiful home to rent at $125 a month! Get real! We all have families and ALL need help from time to time! It it werent for her, I probably would have moved back to my family's since they retired back to their home in Southern Illinois. When your threatened with your life on a daily basis you do what ever the hell you can to get out of the situation! You think it is easy for us cause were white? GET REAL! WE WORK OUR ASSES OFF TOO! Maybe you should try that instead of bitching so much!

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 682
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

accra isn't real.

Accraghana

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PerfectGentlemen,
In all that you quoted not once did I say THIS IS WHAT WHITE ARE THINKING! My point was that it is a possibility that whites could be thinking these things. Moreover, I never made a statement such as “Whites are thinking this way and therefore this is why whites are behaving in such a way”. I have simply noted that whites look out for things, like all folks do, that are in their interest. Thus, in the majority rules construct of America, white interest sets policy because whites are the majority. If a small minority of Americans like what Dennis Kucinich thinks should be American policy….. There policy desires will be overruled by what the majority sees as the important policies and vote for the candidate that espouses them. Again, mathematically whites get to rule because they are the majority and can and do overrule minority interest. The fact that you are arguing against this only makes you look silly…

Iheartthed

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Well, of course I did say "just about every poster here"

Feel free to exclude yourself from that group now."

Why not just say all of the white people participating in this discussion?

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 684
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG! You and accra can both inaccurately read people's minds. Dang, I am humbled.......(read sarcasm).

Iheartthed

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The question was not rhetorical.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 1855
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Accraghana - OK, you are a broken record already. I guess it is hopeless, you convinced me. Lets sum it up this way: "All problems that blacks have are whitey's fault." -AND- "Even when black people do self-destructive things, it is STILL Whitey's fault."

You think blacks weren't consulted and participated directly in the federal programs that were designed to help them? You are incorrect.

If the black community doesn't want any of this shit because it wasn't their idea and doesn't work anyway can we at least cancel all of those programs and reduce taxes until you folks can come up with a list of YOUR IDEAS that will work? I could really use the money to put my kids through college in the meantime.

quote:

In all that you quoted not once did I say THIS IS WHAT WHITE ARE THINKING! My point was that it is a possibility that whites could be thinking these things

Is it possible that you are thinking that white people suck? I COULD be thinking anything, where does that speculation get us? Nowhere.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 300
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PG,

Its hopeless. You gave it a great shot, we all did until we got fed up.

Best you can do is lay your guns down and the next time you see him and his girlfriend at the forum get together just gently smile at the both of them to let them know the jig is up.

the good rev

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1620
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"If you look at the era of prohibition, poor whites were killing each other like blacks are killing each other today. For oppressed people, the regulation or outlawing of commodities demanded by consumers in a free market produces criminality as they can profit from bringing product and customer together. This lucrative underground activity then attracts much competition which is gained or maintained through violence. Pretty soon a culture of violence develops a violence demonstrated becomes violence emulated in the human socialization process. Black’s communities have become the retail center for certain types of prohibited drugs as the black community and its high legacy of poverty from white’s racism attracts many people to the underground economy. Blacks, however, are not the creator or wholesalers of this commodity. So blacks were made vulnerable by oppression and Drugs and guns created a very self destructive culture. Other oppressed groups did not have that to deal with. "

It sounds to me like you're saying the black community BENEFITS from being a retail center for drugs and violence because the alternative is that they'd have to just sit at home and be oppressed. Yes?

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 1856
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It sounds to me like you're saying the black community BENEFITS from being a retail center for drugs and violence because the alternative is that they'd have to just sit at home and be oppressed. Yes?

That is the impression I got too, maybe we should legalize crystal meth, crack, ice, pot and let the black folks control the distribution legally. I am sure MLK would approve.

Accraghana

Post Number: 39
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PerfectGentlemen,
What federal program was designed to specifically help blacks other than the ones that had to undo the specific laws that whites set up to oppress blacks? There are few, if any, laws that are specifically designed to help black people recover from what the nation inflicted upon them. There in lies the problem.

Here is a synopsis of the Kerner commission report:

Appointed by President Lyndon B. Johnson, a commission chaired by Governor Otto Kerner of Illinois explored the reasons behind the Detroit riots of 1967. The commission presented a report in February 1968. "Our nation is moving toward two societies, one black, one white -- separate and unequal," the report said. "What white Americans have never fully understood -- but what the Negro can never forget -- is that...white institutions created [the ghetto], white institutions maintain it, and white society condones it."
Detroit had seemed immune to the race riots that overwhelmed dozens of American cities -- after all, the local economy was excellent and black culture and commerce were thriving in the music of Motown. However, urban renewal projects appeared designed to sweep away black neighborhoods, complaints about Detroit police abuse were not addressed, and blacks found limits to career advancement in the auto industry. Following five days of riots during which military tanks rolled through the streets, 41 were dead, hundreds injured and thousands left homeless.
As soon as the Kerner Commission Report was published, controversy emerged when a host of the social science researchers who worked on the study protested that the report had eliminated their major finding: the riots were actually protests against racial oppression. The Kerner Commission's recommendations for reform included suggestions for economic empowerment that came with a large increase in the federal budget -- but the president was unwilling to pay this price in the face of escalating military costs for the war in Vietnam.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/e yesontheprize/milestones/m10_k erner.html

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 864
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Accraghana: you asked what programs have been specifically set up to "help" Blacks. One was Lyndon Johnson's Great Society. Wikipedia notes that it targeted racial injustices with economic remedies. While, as many posters noted, it did not notably suceed, billions were spent in cities like Detroit and some good legacy continues:

The Great Society was a set of domestic programs proposed or enacted in the United States on the initiative of President Lyndon B. Johnson (1963-1969). Two main goals of the Great Society social reforms were the elimination of poverty and racial injustice. New major spending programs that addressed education, medical care, urban problems, and transportation were launched during this period. The Great Society in scope and sweep resembled the New Deal domestic agenda of Franklin Roosevelt, but differed sharply in types of programs. Some Great Society proposals were stalled initiatives from John F. Kennedy's New Frontier. Johnson's success depended on his own remarkable skills at persuasion, coupled with the Democratic landslide in 1964 that brought in many new liberals. Anti-war Democrats complained that spending on the Vietnam War choked off the Great Society. While some of the programs have been eliminated or have had their funding reduced, many of them, including Medicare, Medicaid, and federal education funding, continue to the present.

Accraghana

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Give me an example of just ONE great society program that was were targeted toward blacks. Based upon the wiki the only examples given are Medicare, Medicaid and federal education fundind...of which whites are the primary beneficiaries of.....just like white women have been the largest beneficiary of Affirmative Action since its inception. Yet....when you here complaints about Affirmative Action....Blacks are the poster child for the policy.

Scottr

Post Number: 608
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're dismissing something simply because another group was also included in it? A group which also had to fight for the right to vote and for years was regarded as the 'lesser sex', and has similarly had to fight for equality in the workplace and even in social situations.

Gee, sorry that at about the same time people began realizing they were treating blacks wrong, they realized they were treating lots of other groups wrong too. Sorry it wasn't all about YOU. Your last statement, AG, has got to be the most ignorant thing you've said on this thread.

Southwestmap

Post Number: 865
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I was young and in college, I worked in a literacy clinic (run by a Black administrator) on the East Side of Detroit that was funded by Great Society funding. One of the measurements of success was the number of Black clients recruited and taught through the year-long program. I think access to these services for Black people was one of the primary measurements of most Great Society programs as they were rolled out in major cities.

Number1
Username: Number1

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a black man I have to say that the keys to success for black Americans are the same as those for all Americans. Hard work is what leads to success whether you're black, white, or any other ethnicity. Millions of black Americans have succeeded through hard work and dedication even during times when racism was FAR greater than now. Government programs are not the answer. In fact it is an insult to say that black Americans need more government help to succeed when other races do not need it.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 250
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Number 1 you are number one with me. I was beginning to wonder if anyone had anything helpful to say.
A lot of harangues and finger pointing but few solutions. Glad I started this post.

Scottr

Post Number: 611
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Number1, a fantastic first post, and welcome to the forum.

Jb3
Username: Jb3

Post Number: 202
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just watched a documentary called 'wetback'. Here we have hundreds of thousands of people willing to risk life and limb for nothing but a taste of what they call the 'American Dream'. This doc. follows the tragic journey of many hondurans as they attempt to cross 'the mine fields' of Mexico. Meaning they must survive ruthless gangs, corrupt police officers, rape, torture, jail and then try to keep their arms and legs intact while hanging on to the sides of careening locomotives.

Kinda puts this whole race issue into sharp focus. Millions of people the world over would rather kill or be killed to live in the U.S. to be able to provide for their families. 25% of Honduras GNP is from illegals sending money back home. In 2003, 15 billion dollars was sent back to Mexico. Another small Central American country has abandoned it's own currency in favor of the u.s dollar due to the amount of 'remittance' sent back.

Is it just me? or do we sound like a bunch of whiny little bitches when here we exist in this country and fail to make the most of it? What the fuck ever gave anyone the idea that our government is supposed to provide for us? We have to provide for ourselves. Those that are motivated in this country are rewarded. Those that aren't....well...don't come looking for a fuckin handout from me! There are more than enough social service programs out there ready and willing to help those that ask for it. you want respect? Earn it! The same way i did and continue to do every single day of my life!

Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine. Get your ass south of the border and see who the fuck listens to some whiny little bitch.

But don't misinterpret me. I hold white people to the same standards, if not higher. I say this due to what Accra has been saying all along. white supremacy is real and alive. white people think they own this country. white people believe this is their land. How fucking proud and ignorant.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 309
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

simply unbelievable

here you go thinking what is in all "white peoples" head again.

White people do not think they own this country.

The white people of today share this country with everyone else that resides here just like they do. It belongs to all of us .

Same cluelessness about people different verbage is all.

And just for the record, I have met many white people and none ever said America belongs to white people.

Did you think slipping in the anti-white jab at the end would validate your post?

ignorance is bliss
the good rev

Jb3

Post Number: 204
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't trying to single you out. they didn't create the term NIMBY for nothing. Granted, that was a bit harsh. Accra has a point though. What is it? The top 1% of this country control 90% of the wealth? I doubt that they are black or hispanic. What goes on in the bible belt i wonder? 50% of the vote is controlled by right wing conservatives, they are not black or hispanic.

Granted, you and me are willing to share what is ours to whomever is in need. Not so with the majority of this country. For the most part white america holds onto its wealth and holdings vehemently. The rich get richer and all...

Revaldullton

Post Number: 310
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JB3

really, I am so done with this nonsensical thread.

I have my life, my friends, all of us do ok, none rich, none starving, all different backgrounds and we are good.

I have to look at the positive. All your small percentage (you don't represent the majority of what black America thinks) is doing is rocking the boat for one reason or another and its tired.

Many blacks have prospered and continue to do so at great rates.

I guess what Im trying to say is your closed minded views and those other experienced here are null for 'America" not black america, not white america, but america.

Continue thumping, you have your opinions like we all do. Its just that a majority of us (america that is)feel the opinion expressed by your side here is not in the least constructive to race relations.

Glad my wife does'nt think like you guys. Why would she?
But then again, she prospers and did it all on her own without whitey handing it to her.

the good rev

Jb3

Post Number: 205
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish you well Rev.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 312
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And just for the record, If you guys went through all of this and riled people up to say that this is rich against poor, then I suggest you take some people skills courses .

This entire thread is a waste of space.

We know the rich control America, and no, they are not all white.
This includes your %1

the good rev

Jb3

Post Number: 206
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought you were done? do you want me to continue? because i can ya know.

I could tell you about how our government, our banks, our stock market has served to put money into our economy while destroying nations in the same breath. I could tell you about how our desperate attempt to be 'noble' and spread democracy has resulted in wholesale profiteering in arms sales, pitting brother against brother. I could tell you that the very things we complain about, we let the 1% create and then have resigned ourselves to try and clean up the mess. How do we do it? you ask? We bitch about silly shit on this forum. That's the one good thing about creating a hopeless mess, it gives the peons something to do.

I am not afraid of the truth Rev. what are you afraid of? should i classify you with the rest of the NIMBY's by saying that you have your little piece of heaven and will defend it zealously. Or should i instead direct your attention to the millions of people in the world that don't even have clean drinking water.

You want to turn this into a race debate between you and i? Sorry, i don't think in black and white. I think in basic human rights. the right to safety. The right to clean water. the right to gainful employment.

We have these things. so truthfully, we have nothing to bitch about, and that's where i agree with you. where we disagree, is that you choose to turn a blind eye on your own actions that create poverty in other places of the world. Everytime you buy something from walmart, you contribute to a slave labor market. Even if it weren't true, you wouldn't have the foggiest idea of it even being a possibility.

So PLEASE, think positively and enjoy your multi-racial teaparty. I'm here to rock the boat. I see tremendous 'evil' (for lack of a better word) in the world and i don't give a damn who's responsible, black or white, rich, poor. All i know is that unless we confront the unpleasantness we proliferate it will not end. Education and the truth will set us free.

***i'm debating whether or not to post this....i guess i will, i'm in one of my 'moods' and could keep going on and on, but i'm too lazy to start looking up historical data and stats to back me up. So HERE IT IS! Out to the feeding frenzy!***

G'Night ALL! I don't really hate you:-).

Revaldullton

Post Number: 320
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tsk tsk you poor child

I wish you well also. And yes, now Im done.

good day
the good rev

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 940
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh my God. Rasuptin has been reincarnated.

Jb3

Post Number: 211
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 4:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:
"And just for the record, I have met many white people and none ever said America belongs to white people."

Congratulations. Well guess what (sorry rev. i can't sleep), i am white and i grew up with white people in white neighborhoods and have been friends with all the whites from all religions and from all socio-economic backgrounds, so trust me when i say that this is EXACTLY how the majority of white people feel. They are very protective of what they perceive belongs to them. Why do think there is so much stink about the borders and illegals. God forbid that hard working honest people that have no hope of survival in their own country want to come here and take away jobs from stupid white people. The only reason blacks haven't been completely banished is the simple fact that white people brought them over in the first place and somehow, somewhere some bleeding heart felt the slightest pangs of guilt for their plight and it worked it's way up the food chain to give us the civil war. And you are fooling yourself if you think that the civil war was simply about freeing the slaves. It wasn't. But i'll let someone else fill in the blanks on that one.

But this isn't about civil rights for black people anymore. And that's why Accra pisses me off. Most whites have conceded to allowing blacks to live in this country (yes, i phrased this deliberately). If they move close to their neighborhood, they'll simply move further away. For the life of me though, i can't figure out why wholesome black people would want to move into the unconscionably sprawling neighborhoods chasing after ignorant and racist white people (don't you dare tell me it doesn't exist, i see it my friend, i know where it lives). I can understand the bling.bling generation chasing after stupid greedy white people, but wake up, the denser urban cores are where housing trends are moving too. Why are black communities waiting for white gentrification when they can make thriving oases all by themselves. I despise the word gentrification. It's another form of racism. I prefer the term reintegration instead as it portends a lifestyle based a mutual respect.

This is about a shrinking planet and growing populations. The rift between the rich and poor will continue to grow (now i'm sounding like rasputin, i wonder if that means i'll get to go to St. Petersburgh. Because i really want too) to epidemic proportions and i hope your children won't have to live through something like that. The question now is what are we prepared to do about it. Do we close our shutters and get out the shotguns? Or do we open our doors and start building cities that will sustain a thriving population?

No need to answer that. The first step isn't solving the problem, the first step is recognizing the problem. So open your eyes and step into the light like a good reverend.

Goodnight, or good morning. I'll let y'all chew on that for the day...or completely ignore me, which is usually the case.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 344
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You and Accra and Blk SOul are all misguided.

This is not the kkk, Nation of Islam, revolutionary,communist,cuban freedom fighters forum.

Stop wasting your keystrokes.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 346
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ATTN PEOPLE

Tke a real good luck at these guys , accra, blksoul and this guy JB3.

The next time you are at one of your forum gatherings laughing it up about life and other things.

These same individuals that want to seperate you and your family and friends are sitting right there amongst you under there normal screen names.
If you can't figure out who they are then I m sorry I feel bad for you.
I have only been here a month and have them pinpointed with the exception of JB3.
He may take some time but he will slip up also and give away a clue as to his true identity on this forum.
You people should be ashamed of yourselves and this goes for your twisted little girlfriend that jumps to the rescue in every thread.

You could have aquired all the education this earth has to offer but it does not deflect the fact that you are ignorant and lost.

the good rev

Romanized
Username: Romanized

Post Number: 236
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love reading this right about now. The EEOC is investigating my bosses right now for discrimination. You people say get an education and work (like we don't already) and act like that is going to make it all good. You rednecks make me laugh. When mfer's not only refuse promote people and give them the raises they earned, but feel comfortable enough to send racist emails over corporate servers, you know hardly anything has changed.

Karl
Username: Karl

Post Number: 8728
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometimes companies don't make profits and can't give folks "the raises they earned" whatever that means. Further, "refusing" to promote people is seldom, if ever, about race.

Finally, anyone expecting a promotion and/or raise for any reason would probably be passed over if mgmt knew they were referred to as "mfer's" on a public internet forum.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 272
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think all races can be guilty of promoting racism of some sort or being interpreted as doing that, While the white race has certainly done it share of promotion in this regard, many whites perceive promotion of such ideologies like "vote the black slate" to be the of same mindthought" Until all of us evaluate each other on quality and self worth and not just because we are of the "right" color, we will never progress together.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6220
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Accraghana,

I think Detroit YES should be congress because most of us are sick and tried of the US of A govt' pouring their empty promises to solve our everyday social problems. If we want to end our social problems use religion for far is I know most of our Americans especially the black race aren't doing their everyday protests and lobbying to change the laws of country.

I say to all you all, DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE YOUR GOVERNMENT. THE GOVERNMENT IS AFRAID OF US.

Accraghana

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While I do not agree with some of the points in this article, in degree or kind, I totally concure with the theme and premise. Here is an article from a Hispanic I assume:

The operation of capitalism over the last five hundred years has yielded the result that the greatest share of the world's wealth, and the firmest grip on the control levers of the world's economy and politics, are held by the white race. Any group photograph of the leaders of the G8 nations will give you a clear idea of the current ethnometrics of the bounty of the Garden of Eden.

The domestic scene in the United States reflects the global situation: whites own and control, non-whites scramble for work and life's necessities. We are speaking here in generalities, not absolutes (social absolutes are rationally impossible).

To see the racial-tribal pith of capitalism we only have to list the many names it has taken over time: the exploration for trade routes in the 15th century led to the North and South American "conquests" during the 16th century (the destruction of Native American civilizations), the "mercantilism" of the 17th century (e.g., the Dutch East India Company, the African slave trade), the "colonialism" of the 18th century (e.g., the British Empire), and the "imperialism" of the 19th and early 20th centuries (e.g., the Opium War and Chinese concessions, the annexation of Hawaii, the Spanish-American and Philippine Wars).

When the "eminence grise" of the United States, Dick Cheney, speaks about a "clash of civilizations" he is using white tribal language for the war against Islam, which is today's primary impediment to the ambition for global control by white tribal leaders. It is the mania for control, rather then merely religious bigotry or fanatical avarice, that fuels the drive for white supremacy. The Iraq War of 2003 to the present is just the latest incident in a millennium-long drive for white tribal control that probably started with the European Christian Crusades and the Spanish war against Islam from about the 11th century.

In national and world societies where wealth -- property -- is racially and ethnically concentrated, the defense of property is the defense of racial preference in favor of the dominant tribe; and the primacy of property (e.g., corporations, "capital") over individuals, in the administration of government, laws and "justice", is the protection of white supremacy.

Recent decisions by the US Supreme Court under Chief Justice Roberts have unambiguously reaffirmed the basic principles of the United States as a white supremacy state. The Roberts court ruled that universities cannot use race in making preferential decisions for admission, and in another case that child-care workers do not have the right to organize unions and thus seek benefits and claim "property rights" in their jobs; rights such as overtime pay (and presumably rights of due process and to grievance proceedings before neutral arbitrators), long recognized for many other types of laborers.

The court decisions are startlingly clear: any impediment to white ambition is illegal. This devolved from an argument about educational opportunities, but it seems improbable not to be taken in general. Such illegal impediments include any "redistributive" or guilt-induced "social leveling" legislation and administrative procedures devised in the 20th century as a result of the Civil Rights struggles. "Affirmative action", racial preferences for non-white university students to compensate for historical (inter-tribal) injustices, is an impediment to the ambitions of the type of people who can now afford to get into and through college, and so must be dropped. Those who can't afford to locate themselves in well-funded school districts for their primary and secondary education shouldn't suddenly expect a "helping hand" when it comes time for college. "Stay in your place," how much clearer can the message get? This brings to mind Anatole France (1894), "The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets and to steal bread." Remember that: "majestic equality."

Families in all income classes need child-care. At the top, this may take the form of nannies, tutors and selective (expensive) group facilities. For lower income classes, child-care is provided by a mix of public and private group facilities (licensed or not, with more children per attendant adult as costs decrease), and a haphazard network of babysitting for fees, or labor exchange. Child care workers are primarily women, and in many cases they are also non-white (racially and/or ethnically).

In the United States, people of wealth can claim an impressive tax deduction for child-care expenses by means of a "dependent care account". One pays (by payroll deduction) into an tax-sheltered account held by a third party (like an insurance company), and you subsequently make claims against this account for your expenses with licensed child-care providers. Naturally, there is a great deal of paperwork that accompanies the circuitous movement (dare I say laundering?) of your child-care dollars, but it is all worth it in the end because the income you report for tax purposes has been reduced to noticeable effect. This is by far the most lucrative child-care break available through the US Tax Code. Dependent care accounts are a benefit offered by some employers to their "permanent" employees.

People of modest means can also claim one or more of the direct child-care deductions and credit offered by the US Tax Code. However, the circumstances allowing this are that modest incomes (a "low" upper limit for eligibility is set by the tax code) have had to support relatively large child-care expenses. For people in such circumstances, it is usually a much better idea to preserve the family's cash by relying on relatives to baby-sit, or to engage neighborhood (officially "black market" if not licensed) babysitting providers, and participate in labor exchanges (barter). This is the real child-care system of many inner city neighborhoods.

Imagine the expansion of the "dependent care" system to all incomes levels, a national child-care benefit, call it "single-payer child-care." That is what the Roberts court is firmly set to prevent. If child-care workers are recognized as a "unit" or "type" in the labor market with unionization rights, then the likely explosion of child-care labor costs (to boost child-care worker pay to living-wage standards, pay for health and pension benefits, and also fund overtime and vacation pay, as well as paid sick leave -- and maternity leave) would directly raise the price of child-care. Because of the broad need for child-care, a radical increase in costs would immediately result in popular political pressure for relief. Tax relief on such a scale -- and over all income levels -- would necessarily cut into the "lion's share" (from Aesop's fable) of government subsidy enjoyed by the military, the "corporate sector", and the fat cats lapping up Bush's "tax cut". The Roberts court knows who it serves and it remains true to this principle: property is superior to people.

The unionization of child-care workers would be a vast expansion of unionization in the fastest growing sector of the labor market, the "service sector", which can be thought of as the post Civil War replacement of slavery. It would simply not do for "property" to have to contend with increased labor costs for domestic services. The decrease of tax revenues for military projects, and the slackening of corporate dividend yields due to the funding of didy-changing for the children of the nation's workforce by unionized nannies is just too much to seriously contemplate.

An ancillary problem with the unionization of child-care workers (and the subsequent nationalization of child-care expenses) is that it would boost the economics of a large segment of the non-white population: besides elevating the situation of child-care workers, the parents using these services would be freed of child-care worries and thus able to compete for higher-level jobs (more time away from home), and many "minority" child-care "businesses" would see greater profitability. The possibility of any such social leveling must be nipped in the bud, and it has been. Again, the message is clear, "stay in your place, the flattening of the class distribution is not acceptable." In the USAmerican Raj, the selection of an "affordable" nanny from Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Jamaica, Haiti, Nigeria, Somalia, Tibet and Black America must not be imperiled by the imposition of "unionism" and all its attendant costs and legalities (e.g., workman's compensation, egads!). The supply of reliable, quiet, inexpensive and trustworthy servants must not be corrupted by thoughts of equal opportunity.

The Roberts court today is just as dedicated to the cause of "property" as was the Taney court during the Buchanan administration (just prior to Lincoln's). In 1857, the Taney court determined that Dred Scott, a black slave who had made his way to a "free" (slavery illegal) state, was property, and that such a designation overrode any considerations of him as a man, a human being, even a person (which would theoretically imply he was endowed with "inalienable rights" to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"). Then as now, the masters were not to be encumbered by the aspirations of the servants.

A century and a half ago, USAmerican servants were often slaves and thus property to be used at the discretion of their masters, the "owners". Today, USAmerican servants are technically free and officially human beings, even persons, but they are tribally inferior, and an expense property-owners seek to minimize. So, our slavery is "outsourced" to a domestic "service sector", which must be kept in check as the Roberts court well knows; and "off-shored" to globalization sweatshops.

The most pressing "servant problem" facing the white supremacy states today is the difficulty of disembodying foreign labor prior to its importation and consumption, this is called "immigration." Here in the U.S., the problem is generally seen as: how do you bring in Mexican labor while excluding Mexican laborers? The object is to supply low-cost labor to profitable (and subsidized) corporate agriculture (and for other jobs of hard labor), without diluting the white population fraction and weakening its cultural control. We want to import the work of millions, and yet deport the human costs and needs on which the generation of that labor energy depends. We want slaves, and that wanting "we" is the racist core of our white supremacy economic states.

"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains." -- Jean Jacques Rousseau (1762)

But, I remember about the Bastille.

Manuel Garcia, Jr. is a recently retired physicist from a US Department of Energy laboratory. He is presently on holiday, and his technical interests involve fluids, electricity, heat flow and energy. His non-technical interests are varied, one being the social responsibility of scientists, another being the social dimensions of choices for the energy technologies that power a community. He can be reached at mango@idiom.com.

http://www.counterpunch.org/ga rcia07162007.html

(Message edited by accraghana on July 17, 2007)

(Message edited by accraghana on July 17, 2007)

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 1859
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting that the biggest problem people seem to have with capitalism is that it creates too much wealth. Maybe some of you socialists should jump on the capitalist bandwagon and get your piece of the pie. There is plenty for everybody but you have to earn it.

Accraghana

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How did white folks earn it when white folks are not NATIVE to these lands? Your gain was others losses. That is what the article is saying. It shows how capitalism is really what I call "seesaw economics". Its one group of people lifting themselves up from the lowering (conquest, colonization, slavery) of others.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 125
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's really sad to see that some people in this world have so much hatred for others. They see everything in terms of black vs. white. I feel sorry for you. It would weigh very heavy on me if I lived every day with such a chip on my shoulder.

Janesback

Post Number: 366
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Acc, reread a history book, this had been going on for centuries. Im still pissed at the Romans for what they stole and took from my relatives, the Greeks

They conquered the Greeks, stole our culture and held many of my relatives as slaves and indentured servants...........But, that was 2500 years ago, and no body gives a fuck. Nobody, because we got on in life, prospered and lived life.

Wars have been fought for centuries and will be fought for centuries and booty will be gained from the losing side.........Its a fact of life... Jane

Jt1

Post Number: 9582
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice dismissive attitude. The easiest way to address inequality and racism in this country is to dismiss it.

Let me guess - you are a person that claims that there is a 'level playing field' for all people in this country.

Accraghana

Post Number: 43
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everything that I am saying is HUMAN in causation. There is no white behavior or black behavior…there is just HUMAN behavior. Certainly Blacks are capable of doing the same things as we are HUMAN also. My goal is not to suggest that whites have some special evil that other humans don’t have. To me the point is simply to burst the fallacious bubble and rhetoric of people who pretend as if the global status of whites is the resultant of “fair play, work ethic and the like”. Much of what whites have is the simple result of militarism and conquest.

Again.....when you look at the faces of the G8....only a blind person cannot see the racial overtones.

Janesback

Post Number: 367
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Group of Eight (G8) is an international forum for the governments of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States. Together, these countries represent about 65% of the world economy

Iheartthed

Post Number: 1158
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^And how much of the world's population?

Accraghana

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And how much of the worlds Wealth? About 90% at least.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 1860
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And out of the G8 there is no place better to be than the US regardless of your race. There is also wealth in the Middle East, Central America, South America, India, China, etc... You think the average citizens there are getting a bigger piece of the pie than folks here?

What if there was no slavery? There would be very few blacks in this country. Would that have been better? Bottom line, there are no new large government programs coming specifically for blacks. There will be no reparations paid for slavery. Even if there were, there is no evidence that the bloated incompetent federal government would be capable of executing them in a way that would be beneficial. We all have to make it by our wits and by working hard.

(Message edited by perfectgentleman on July 17, 2007)

Southwestmap

Post Number: 866
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember when President Clinton brought the G8 Energy Ministers to meet in Detroit. It was avery prestigious event to host, of course, but it caused a lot of discussion in Detroit's Black community. They criticised G8 because it didn't have any African membership. Seems Black Detroiters couldn't get that the "Group of 8" was founded to bring together the 8 most industrialized nation on the planet - who all have particular issues that mostly non-industrialized nations don't have.

It wasn't racist that African nations weren't in the Group!

Iheartthed

Post Number: 1160
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What if there was no slavery? There would be very few blacks in this country. Would that have been better?"

I dunno, would it? Would a young American economy have been able to prosper as fast as it did, or even survive period, without the use of free human labor?

Danny

Post Number: 6222
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No negro slavery in the U.S. means no richest country in the world. white folks would be working to the bone all day pickin' bale o' cotton and tobacco.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 1862
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I dunno, would it? Would a young American economy have been able to prosper as fast as it did, or even survive period, without the use of free human labor?

I think the North did pretty well without it as did the country as a whole after it was abolished.

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 720
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many Americans escaped persecution from the country of origin to land here...some perpetuated misery by controlling others or "taking from others" however, many just needed a new beginning. They worked hard and emerged from their ethnic ghettos....

To generalize that white people are in control is a half truth. They evolved the government as we know it....but what you fail to account for is the ones (white people) that fight injustice and have empathy for the rights and needs of others. They want safety and security for all people, they want every child to grow into their potential, they want economic viability for all...when you brandish "all white people" or say that they control everything you forget that "they" have left out a lot of the working class also.

Western Civilization and even eastern (China, Japan and Korea)have st rived to control their own destiny. They make the rules because of power and control.. Right or wrong, those who control the resources control the structure....we can gripe about it or we can educate our children and give them direction.

I hope that the racial divide is broached and that we unit for the sake of our kids....but that will take accountability, empathy and understanding...A real serious commitment to peaceful co-existence and not blaming each other....If one wants emerge from a bad situation, they first have to look at what they themselves are doing to perpetuate it, then they can identify what resources they need to get out of the problem....

I need to get off my soap box...but it is very sad to think we can't begin to understand the complexity with racism and that it needs to be stopped at both the institutional levels (given) and the individual level (accountability and empathy). What we lose is the ability for our children to have opportunity....humanity...so if one perpetuates blaming others they continue to contribute. If one recognizes each others struggles then they can be part of the solution.... be part of the solution.

Danny

Post Number: 6224
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Union north made the U.S. what it is today a FREE LABOR CAPITALIST NATIONS where people work whatever they want for wages and salaries. The Confederate hillbillies was so sacred of working that they use EBONY WOOD to burn their labor. Only they have to do is sit back, relax and let the HOUSE NEGRO AND THE FIELD NEGRO fill up your glass of lemonade.

(Message edited by danny on July 17, 2007)

Iheartthed

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you trying to say that there was no slavery in the North? Or that cotton wasn't a significant part of the American economy in the 1800s? Do you have any idea what sharecropping is/was? Please stop being a simpleton.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 1863
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Iheartthed - Do you realize there was a Civil War where over 600,000 people died? Do you think that was a benefit to the nation? You should stop being a simpleton.

Iheartthed

Post Number: 1162
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^There was a Civil War... AND? You know what, if you say it was fought to free the slaves then this conversation is over.

Danny

Post Number: 6225
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh there was pleny of EBONY WOO--I mean slavery in the north in the early days of British colonialism. That's until the abolitionist movement in the mid 1800s was in in full swing. The hillbillies in the Confederate south didn't like it and they would do whatever it takes to keep their EBONY WOOD even break away from the union.

So much for the land of the free and home of the brave.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 1864
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Iheartthed -

I think the general consensus is that the Civil War put an end to slavery. Early America benefited from slavery but the brutal truth is that American slaves benefited in the long run as well, just like other oppressed people that came here. They now live in a free nation while their homeland is a mass of poverty, famine, war, disease and yes, slavery in some areas.

That is not to say anyone deserves to be enslaved but lets face it, that is how black folks came here. As Africans were not circumnavigating the globe at the time, they probably would have NEVER gotten here in the numbers we have today. So to wish that black slavery never took place is to wish that they were not here at all. Is that what you want?

Danny -

You seem to hate this country and its history, you should probably join the peace corps and help those in underdeveloped nations.

(Message edited by perfectgentleman on July 17, 2007)

Iheartthed

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It must be nice to live so ignorant.

Janesback

Post Number: 368
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You seem to hate this country and its history, you should probably join the peace corps and help those in underdeveloped nations

------------------
Excellent comment. If people hate the U.S, then leave. Go where they want, try to stop the illegal slave trade in Sudan and Uganda. Go to Indoneisa and Viet Nam and stop the illegal practice of selling children for sex. Go to the area of Dafur and stop genocide. Stop the spread of Aids in Africa. Dont just sit on this forum and trash whites. The U.S has pledged 40 billion to Africa to help in the fight against AIDS. American pharamaceuticals are sending drugs to Africa.

I love those who sit and whine about the U.S, but wont see what we have done in assisting the rest of the world.
DONT LIKE IT....LEAVE, no one will miss you........