Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Ugly truth for Detroiters » Archive through July 18, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Digitaldom
Username: Digitaldom

Post Number: 650
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We can all blame people in power for everything wrong.. and the government.. look at Libera.. it was founded by slaves and supported by the US government.. Sorry folks it was NOT the white mans fault there.. oops!

Maybe this is a comment on Race.. BUT it's not a racist comment.. Why did Liberia not work? I am honestly asking the question why?

I don't believe Detroit is failing because of Black, Hispanic or otherwise.. the problem is it's lower cost housing that poorer people can afford.. unfortunately poor grouped with poor can only lead to violence.. Nothing about race here..

Group a whole bunch of poor rednecks (about 300,000) in one area.. what would happen? (besides inbreeding.. lol)..Violence.. sorry bad image but it's true.. when you have that many poor people (black, white and otherwise) in the same place.. as Detroit is harboring due to lack of jobs.. lack of Police that give a shit..jobs, high crime and otherwise.. you spawn a pool of hate and otherwise..

Think about that and smoke it..it's not about race but about having nothing and wanting everything..Not getting past your color and DOING your job as a human being and getting up and getting an education... Getting past the stereo types..

A new co-worker of mine is the smartest man I can imagine.. guess WHAT he is a black.. DID THAT stop me from getting to know him? NO.. did that stop me from getting his opinion on issues HELL NO.. get out of your shack.. the business world does NOT care your color or race.. we want smart people.. Step up! simple as that... Don't blame race on your lack of energy to better yourself.. Using quotas in my opinion (and you backing them up) means you are confirming your own believe your are inferior to everyone.. WHICH IS NOT THE CASE!!!

Black people are as smart and smarter than most people I know.. Problem is most people in the Metro area associate your comments AC as the NORMAL opinion of white people.. hence you have allowed the rat wheel to continue.. until you stop blaiming everyone else for a person / races problems..

You are no better than a crack addict blaiming his dealer for his addiction.. In reality the dealer is selling a product.. he wants money.. YOU HAVE THE CHOICE to buy the product or NOT..The dealer (and white people) DON'T give a shit if you get high.. and this context.. Does it really matter if I sell to you or another guy? NOPE.. Simple as that.. we don't care...

Why don't we ask the indians? shall we? they have a country of close to 1 billion.. They have in most part a third world country.. yet I have seen ALOT of smart people come from that country.. is it race NO.. it's getting up and making yourself better.. AND NOT blaiming white people or the fact that they had british rule for so long.. get past it..

later,
Dan

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9599
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I have never personally lynched a black person, owned a black person, prevented a black person from getting a job or buying a home in my neighborhood. Neither has anyone in my family ever lynched a black person, owned a black person, prevented a black person from getting a job or buying a home in their neighborhood. I treat black people like yellow people and red people and white people, THE WAY I MYSELF want to be treated.

I can attest that when my family immigrated to the USA some of them suffered loads of prejudice and discrimination. They worked it out and did not dwell on the matter.

That is probably true but it does not change the history. The fact is that you can't personalize the situation. By assuming that your actions are representative of all is wrong. The simple fact of the matter is there are tons of white people that never victimized blacks. There are also many white people that championed civil rights. All of that aside does not change the history in this country.

You simply can't personalize a discussion about this becuase it must be looked at on a high level.

Karl
Username: Karl

Post Number: 8734
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1 seems to be pushing reparations.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9600
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Karl seems to be lacking reading comprehension. I have never mentioned reparations and do not believe that they would achieve anything.

All I ask is that people are willing to acknowledge that the wrongs against the black community did not end with the abolishment of slavery and some of the practices are still in place today.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 702
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1loyjm4SOa0

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'AG'__whatever source in which you draw from, continue to speak TRUTH TO POWER to the 'basic white people'!

It amazes me when 'basic white people' claim, 'it happen to my people too, now look at us'__Dag-gee!, such unabashed temerity, and hubristic personae! GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!... As if your white-skin had nothing to do with making the journey more enjoyable!__ perhaps it's a state of denial affair!__go figure!

Well in that sense. Perhaps there is a fissure in 'whiteness' that is not articulated as such, because it happened within the borders of 'ethnic similarity'. In the history of 'white on white' crime, white ethnicity generated the fissuring of the state at the command of procreative energies of emancipation. Howbeit, that emancipation, to the political leaders of these empires were self-understood, and was not ethically or racially constituted. That makes all the difference compared to the history of the deviant, and unnatural behavior perpetrated by 'euro-kkkolonialist' and 'amerikkkan' slave murderers.

The History of white supremacy in 'amerikkka' and the broad world is so fundamental, that many laws, even constitutions have been built around white perceptions of Black, rather than Black perception of white...The Black encounter with the modern world has been shaped by the Doctrine of white supremacy__which is embodied in institutional practices enacted in every day people activity under varying circumstances and evolving conditions__So in that way, it would be very problematic to make what happen to 'them', and what happen to us, functionally equivalent... however we can still acknowledge both.

Point is, we are born into social regimes that assign privilege based upon skin color that appears to be arbitrary (Ras and Super_d brilliantly explain that to you all months ago!)__Perhaps if we lived in a world, we suppose, or imagine that 'Blackness' is seen as beautiful and wonderful, and whiteness was demonized(unfortunately we don't live in that world!), but perhaps if we did, then maybe 'basic white people' would understand how that in itself, would translate to social inequalities in terms of world wide people behavior!

blksoul-atcha!

Exmotowner
Username: Exmotowner

Post Number: 361
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathinozarks, Your wrong for that Utube video! LOL Thats too funny. Nothing we can do or say will ever change the way these guys feel. If their so oppressed, why aint they callin Al and Jessee in. I know if I was black and faced all the mean white people I'd be calling them!! All they want to do is holler OH WHOE IS ME, instead of trying to run for office and initiate changes.

I've said it before on other threads, if there's ever a race war in this country, 8 mile will be the front line!!!

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 367
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul_x why don't you GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!...and realise that blacks are not alone at being exploited and disenfranchised. There are plenty of ethnicities whom have received the brunt of another’s persecution and blacks need to stop thinking they are the only ones and that everyone should acknowledge their pain and accept that they have no idea what it is to be a black man. That is part of the problem, as blacks have not figured out yet that to achieve change they need to build coalitions, not alienate themselves as a fringe group that seems only out to better themselves. Its simple parliamentary politics, as nothing gets done with fringe parties, but rather when they build a large minority. Kicking, screaming, and telling everyone they have no idea what they are talking about does nothing but further disenfranchise blacks, as non-blacks will continue to just write it off as another tantrum. Look at how Jesses Jackson and Al Sharpton are viewed outside the black community; they are jokes and whenever they talk, people write it off as another situation where the race card is being pulled to exhort people.

Karl

Post Number: 8739
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1 said: "The simple fact of the matter is there are tons of white people that never victimized blacks. There are also many white people that championed civil rights. All of that aside does not change the history in this country."

Duh.

Jt1 neglects to mention that there isn't much one can do to change history about anything but brings it up nonetheless in his subtle push for reparations.

Blksoul is more upfront about the matter, blathering seemingly endless strings of $25 words. Whites flee Detroit to avoid contributing further to black-on-white crime statistics? In Blksoul's world that's one more reason to

PAY UP

The whole discussion reminds me of kids fighting in the car, with some of them thinking the whole problem could be solved with a larger allowance (reparations) - but only for them. All this while putting forth such "arguments" as "he's looking at me" or "she's breathing my air". Tkelly1986 gets it right when he/she refers to it as a "tantrum"

Get a job. If you have one, get another.

Accraghana
Username: Accraghana

Post Number: 49
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whether they admit it or not, most white dissenters in this debate are attempting to preserve the idea of “white supremacy” by Darwin’s theory of survival of the fittest. Quite simply put, whites believe they are on top because they are “Better”. The obvious corollary of that is that blacks are on the bottom, globally and nationally, because they are the “least “fittest” in the competition of survival of the fittest.

I remember when I was a youth and would compete with other youth for rankings in playing ball, foot racing and the like. The thing that I remember is that when a person wins…..they are not willing to entertain any extraneous circumstances that would taint their feeling or moment of being superior over the others. That is because rank is VERY important in social creatures and hence we humans compete for rank or status because it generally comes with material reward, but just as importantly, psychological reward. People may not look at it this way, but in effect people strive to have displacement between them and others because that is the only way one can achieve status and rank is by separating from others in the measures.

The Great Carthaginian general once said: “Its not that I must succeed…..it’s that others must fail”. He understood that success, ranking, status; victory and the like cannot be achieved without the relative failures of others. Everything being relative, you cannot have success without failure and hence one way of promoting success is via promoting the failure of others via placing external impediments before them. This is how whites achieved their “supremacy” or relative status over blacks in America. They created laws that placed impediments to black success allowing whites to accrue a large lead over blacks in socioeconomics metrics.

This is also why the US does not want countries like Iran to have nuclear capabilities. They want Iran to fail in their ability because their failure helps support the success of US and Israeli hegemony over the oil rich region. I don’t believe for one minute that they think that Iran would actually risk total annihilation by attempting to nuke someone or give a nuke to a terrorist group. The fear is that with nuclear capabilities it threatens the ability of the US to intimidate as a means of controlling the flow of oil in the region. So we put up external an impediment that makes sure that places like Iran fails to get in the nuclear arms race. Every new country that enters the nuclear race reduces the success of the US of using a military threat as a means of getting their way.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6239
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul_x,

Spoken like a true Black Rasputin. Decoding the LIES of the white race in America.

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 368
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Accraghana: how do you know who on this board is white and who is black...do you not think that some of the people opposing your views are in fact black and are just tired of ideologist ranting on and on about how their problems are caused by whites and the place whites put the in society – and would rather people stop making excuses and step up and do something about it? When will it be enough complaining before people look around them and see that they need to do something about it themselves eventually, because nobody is coming to their aid.

Exmotowner

Post Number: 362
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Accraghana, Where the hell do you get that we think were better than anyone? Black, white, indian, asian whatever? I dont think Im better than anyone! I just dont Whine as much! Why dont you quit your whining and do something positive for a change. Your at the bottom because its your perception not ours!

Karl

Post Number: 8741
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Accraghana said: "...Darwin’s theory of survival of the fittest....whites believe they are on top because they are “Better”.....blacks are on the bottom, globally and nationally, because they are the “least “fittest” in the competition of survival of the fittest.

With an abortion rate of 58%, 70% out-of-wedlock birthrate, an abysmal high school graduation rate, and a crime rate that knocks off too many more, it would appear that racist whites need not worry - African American populations are dwindling quickly thanks to African Americans themselves. As has been posted here many times, AA's kill more of their own every 3 days than the KKK killed in its entire existence.

Blacks give those who want them gone every reason to say "keep up the good work"

Perhaps when the black community begins to act like it truly cares for its own, others might sit up and take notice and help.

Then Accraghana said: "I don’t believe for one minute that they think that Iran would actually risk total annihilation by attempting to nuke someone or give a nuke to a terrorist group."

You, sir, are completely clueless.

Exmotowner

Post Number: 363
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"If you all don't like America, JUST LEAVE! and create your free nation of your liking".

AMEN DANNY!! AMEN!!

English
Username: English

Post Number: 544
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The new generation of kids will put an end to this nonsense. 50 years ago, Emmett Till was killed for whistling at a white woman. 50 years from now, I'm willing to bet half of all black men will be married to (or at least reproducing with) white women. And other "so called" interracial combinations are on the upswing too.

Here in Ann Arbor, you can't turn without seeing an interracial couple. People are starting to mate according to compatibility and personality instead of according to silly color lines. And they're too busy making love to make hate -- the debates of "Get over it, black people" and "You're guilty, white people" are issues that the under-25 crowd feel are OUR generations' hangups, not THEIRS. And some of us in the 25-34 crowd are getting their drift, and finding people to care about despite our parents and grandparents hangups. It's a growing trend. Michigan as always is a relic when it comes to social behavior that's even becoming more prevalent in the South!

Good for them. I'm glad they get to inherit the world, and that it'll be a better place when the haters are pushing up daisies!

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1798
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well put, English.

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 373
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

blacksou x, you state

The History of white supremacy in 'amerikkka'
------------------------------ -----------
learn how to spell the country that you live in, that you are able to enjoy civil liberties in, that you have your freedom in. You enjoy a freedom the majority of the world envys. You trash this country but you do not know how lucky you have it here compared to so many other countries that do allow the ability to condemn their leaders, countries that chop off your hands if you are caught stealing, ones with arranged marriages.........those type, get it?

If you cant spell the name of this country you have benefitted from then.........

Get the shit out, cause no one is going to miss your racist ass, asshole........
Its people like you that expect handouts and whine the most when the check isnt in the mail........Just leave, please. Jane

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 369
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with English to an extent, as some of my past relationships were inner-racial and I have to say that among my peers, I never received any flak outside the joke here or there. However, this will not resonate with the people who refuse to accept any other point of view, but will hit home with people who understand that it may be a little of everyone’s point of view. Hardline hate mongers and racists will never understand, which I think is obvious by some of the comments on this thread.

Revaldullton
Username: Revaldullton

Post Number: 364
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

blk soul= mayor
accra=stylin

just come out of the closet guys , its ok . Im sure the regulars will still drink with you.

the good rev
MOTOR CITY MELTDOWN IN EFFECT

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1175
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The writing style of Accra doesn't match Stylin...

Accraghana
Username: Accraghana

Post Number: 50
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

English,
You are doing a lot of extrapolating. That would be like extrapolating that Middle Class America will continue to have their standards of living rise the same way that it did the past 50 years. You are simply assuming that trends will continue when variables are always changing that influences the direction of trends. Racism was always rooted in ECONOMICS. When the economic reality of whites in America start to deteriorate, due to globalization, the economic incentive for racism will return as they see opportunity as a more “zero sum” phenomenon. Whites are already assuming that they are losing opportunities to UNQUALIFIED blacks or blacks qualified less than them due to AA. When things get worse economically, the assumptions of many whites about blacks will only increase racism as whites will see blacks as undeserving of many position when there is an obviously more qualified white person who could be in that position.

Trends change.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 368
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SURE IT DOES

same non sensical crap as always

(Message edited by revaldullton on July 18, 2007)

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 756
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AG, I think you are a well meaning but confused person.

No one on this board, or that I have ever met, denies that Blacks in America have been and sometimes still are treated unfairly. But as has been said already, most folks are tired of whining and expect to see some action on the part of blacks for themselves.

The US does not want Iran to have nukes because Iran is an unpredictable and dangerous state who might actually use those weapons on others. If you can't see that you are not really looking.

You, AG, are doing a lot of extrapolating. You simply assume that you can predict how future white americans will behave by looking at the behavior of past generations of white americans. I hate to say this but that type of logic deserves only one type of response, "All your bases are belong to us!" (little joke for the gamers on the forum)

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 703
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rev,

I'm with you my brotha!

"Always look on the bright side of life".......

Shall I post it again?

Has no one figured out that LOVE IS THE ONLY ANSWER?

Peace to you my brothers and sisters. kiss kiss

Revaldullton

Post Number: 375
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol Kath, I fear the message might be lost here at DY , us peaceniks are a dying breed.

the good rev

None
Username: None

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Years ago, I read a little book that had a lasting and profound effect on my life. It was called "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen, and here's what it said:

"A man will find that as he alters his thoughts toward things and other people, things and other people will alter towards him....Let a man radically alter his thoughts, and he will be astonished at the rapid transformation it will effect in the material conditions of his life. Men do not attract that which they want, but that which they are.

The divinity that shapes our ends is in ourselves. It is our very self...All that a man achieves is the direct result of his own thoughts...A man can only rise, conquer and achieve by lifting up his thoughts. He can only remain week and abject and miserable by refusing to lift up his thoughts."

These words were written almost a hundred years ago yet they ring just as true today, race has nothing to with it. A mans destiny lies in his own hands to blame it on the boogie man is an excuse nothing less nothing more.

English
Username: English

Post Number: 545
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Accraghana: I don't have to extrapolate, all I have to do is see the evidence of my eyes. The outmarriage rate among every minority group other than African Americans is 30-50% (esp. Hispanic and Asian women). Now that it's the 40th anniversary of Loving v. Virginia, I predict the outmarriage rate of black men will head to 30-50% in the next generation. Asian men and black women have up until now been left behind by these trends (they're on the wrong side of common wisdom), but you're seeing all kinds of couples now, especially on the coasts and increasingly in the South. Detroit will catch up!

50 years from now, a huge number of marriages will very likely be "interracial". I heard someone say recently about CA that it is rare to see a non Anglo/non Latino married couple where both the husband and the wife are the same race. It is like that here in Ann Arbor. The vast majority of black men are dating or married to nonblack women. So much for "The Man" keeping us po' black folks down! LOL! And the babies they are making will stand astride the racial divide and refuse to be classified. Tiger Woods isn't just an excellent golfer... he's a demographic trend. What will America's good ol' boys and black panthers DO when half the country checks "Other" in the 2050 census?

We ARE going to end up like the rest of the hemisphere, and soon... whether you like it or not, your great-great grandchildren will be a lovely shade of tan or light brown. When, not if, we grant amnesty to the illegals, we can kiss this white-black stuff goodbye. Like I said, so very 20th century.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4695
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

English pretty much nailed it but many people don't want to admit that our country is changing. Maybe some feel threatened?

Revaldullton

Post Number: 378
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for the honesty ENGLISH.

Some people's minds are just poisened from youth and know not what they preach.

Like Kath said, its all about love and I say love will melt us all back into one eventually.

Some people's minds are just poisened from youth and know not what they preach.

the good rev

http://youtube.com/watch?v=brR sRTTp1Pw

gratuitous video to make your night a little lighter
this man died for us so that he could spread his message of love through song so at least give him a listen.
rip

(Message edited by revaldullton on July 18, 2007)