Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Foxtown Grill closed « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Silverbeauty
Username: Silverbeauty

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed two weekends ago that the Foxtown Grill was closed. Too bad, they had the best Minestrone
Soup. It never was busy when I was in there. I wish it could've held on.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 959
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that Da'Eduardo's?

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 535
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

crap, i was there the night of verlander's no-hitter after the game. my table and one other after a few people quickly stopped by for a drink at the bar.... Thats a shame

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 430
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where was it?

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 150
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the Fox Theatre building

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3292
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was pretty quiet whenever I walked by. I think that the sort of shows the Fox was booking hurt Foxtown Grill, because it is so upscale and formal, and is the sort of place dressed-up couples go before a show. The Fox has leaned too heavily towards family-focused shows, IMO. Sure there are a lot of other things in the neighborhood that people get dressed up for, but there is other upscale and nice-casual dining, too. Let's just hope another tenant gets in there pronto.

Downtown_dave
Username: Downtown_dave

Post Number: 141
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So why was it full of people when I walked by yesterday (Thursday) at lunch?

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1217
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think that space will be difficult to fill.

Matt
Username: Matt

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheesecake Factory, anyone? LOL

Spidergirl
Username: Spidergirl

Post Number: 294
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not closed. A group of us had lunch there Wednesday. There is no indication they are closing.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3293
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps it was temporary summertime closure, which is not unheard of among restauraunts.

Spitty
Username: Spitty

Post Number: 582
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe they were just plain closed. Was it a Sunday? Or a Saturday before 5?

Hours
Mon-Thurs 11:30am-10pm
Fri 11:30am-11pm
Sat 5-11pm
Sat and Sun hours extended for local events.
Reservations suggested before games and shows

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1195
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remembered that place consistently being quite full.

Sec106
Username: Sec106

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I sure hope it isn't closed, they have the best shrimp scampi in the world.

Silverbeauty

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We drove by last Saturday night 7/14/07 around 9:30 and it was dark and empty.

Hmmm, wonder why it was closed. All four of us in the car noticed it wasn't open.

Well I'm glad to know it was only temporary.

Cliff19336
Username: Cliff19336

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just called there. They are definitely open.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1497
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

decent crowd for lunch today

Downtown_dave
Username: Downtown_dave

Post Number: 142
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is another one of those posts with a poorly named thread - in this case it's completely incorrect.

If I was the owner there, I'd be a little pissed at the misinformation being communicated in the title.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 960
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps Silverbeauty or Lowell will change the name of the thread so as not to send out misinformation

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or just delete the thread.

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 299
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's really too bad they went outof business. I had a nice lunch there once...

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4892
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitrulez... READ THREAD!!

Motorcitydave
Username: Motorcitydave

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup, open the last couple days I walked the dog by there....

Hey, did anyone know they officially closed Comerica Park??? I walked by there the other day and the gates were locked, and all of the lights were off.... ;)

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Johnny Rockets still open? I love their milkshakes!

Motorcitydave
Username: Motorcitydave

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, but only for lunch or when there is an event going on it seems... I've walked over there (only live a couple blocks from it) a number of times around dinner time, and it is never open unless the Tigers or Wings are playing.... too bad, 'cause I would hit it more often!

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1235
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Hey, did anyone know they officially closed Comerica Park??? I walked by there the other day and the gates were locked, and all of the lights were off.... ;)"

I think they did. I heard they were building a new stadium at Michigan and Trumbull.

Silverbeauty

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry about the post. I only asked because it WAS closed on a Saturday night when I drove by( I have only eaten there on Saturday nights). I was hoping to get some answers, I guess I did.

My post wasn't meant to start rumors or misinform anybody.

If I knew how to change the title of the post or delete it I would.

The owners should know rumors will be started if the place is closed on a Saturday night.

Thanks to all.

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 418
Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 7:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always like when posters use question marks for topics they believe to be true but aren't 99% sure.

There was a similar issue about Quicken and the riverfront.

I believe a "?" would have prevented some heartburn for readers of that thread.

(Message edited by emu_steve on July 21, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.