Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Detroit Derby Girls Season Championships: Sat. July 21st « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 253
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Detroit (Roller) Derby Championships are tomorrow, Saturday, July 21st at the Masonic Temple. Doors open at 7pm and the bout starts at 8pm. Tickets are $15 and should be available at the door or in advance (see http://detroitderbygirls.com/schedule.html)

It's going to be the Pistolwhippers versus the Devil's Night Dames. It should be a tough matchup. The last time these two teams played, the Dames came back to win by 19. The Dames have some top jammers, including perhaps the top Detroit skater, rookie Racer McChaser. But the Pistolwhipppers have solid jammers and some pretty fearsome defense blockers.

I believe the Breakers will be playing some acoustic sets in between the 3 periods of play. I'm told they are a couple other surprises planned.

Drinking cold beer at the Masonic watching women skate, bump, and crash -- does it get any better? This definitely will be a riot. :-)

DDG Championships

In August the Detroit travel team will be heading down to Ohio to the Eastern Regional Championships. This year Detroit has beaten teams from Columbus, Grand Rapids (twice), and Baltimore. They lost to North Carolina.

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 771
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Been following the season, but won't be there for the championship. Root extra loud for me!

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 760
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will it be a riot or a rebellion. :rolleyes:

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.