Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » 2 of 3 riverfront towers sold « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 463
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/a pps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/2007 0723/SUB/707210319/-1/newslett er02

Revaldullton
Username: Revaldullton

Post Number: 504
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If he can afford to sit it out then bless him.

Detroit will turn around and turn around big, question is when?

the good rev

Revaldullton

Post Number: 509
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To be honest, 50 million is not all that much considering.

These developers in the NY metro area are multi billionares so sitting on those towers won't hurt them at all.

They know how too make a failing property stay afloat and even turn it around .

Not too many developers here go broke.

the good rev

Flybydon
Username: Flybydon

Post Number: 149
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 801
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know what the buyer paid; could be $50 million, or more, or less.

My guess is that whatever the buyer paid, it was at the very top of the market.

There is no such thing as a bargain in real estate.

My view is based on the claim that 10 prospective purchasers looked at the deal. Assume they were all sophisticated or the seller would not have turned over all the financials and other info that one would need to make an offer.

So, 9 sophisticated prospective purchasers were not willing to pay what the purchaser paid. When a property is exposed to the market and draws several offers and you're the high bidder, it makes you have second thoughts.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 510
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the 9 just did not have the funds or the guts to sit out and wait Detroit's rebirth.

There are many speculators who can afford to wait.
The co. that purchased these towers knows that down the line Detroit is going to be a vacation mecca and I just think they are waiting for that boom.

Just my opinion.

the good rev

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 464
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder what this means for the west riverfront?

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3331
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those towers desperately need some neighbors and some context.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 511
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its coming, just be patient. Detroit will rise again only this time it will be a vacation resort and not and industrial city.
Those days are over.

the good rev

Mackinaw

Post Number: 3332
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree.

The DEGC and Riverfront Conservancy have big dreams for the W. Riverfront.

Revaldullton

Post Number: 516
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Mack, I see Detroit becoming the Hamptons of the Midwest. Its already started, stalled a bit but it will pick back up in full force within the new year sometime.
So those of you that own crappy homes on the east side, hold onto them another year or 2 and it will pay off.

the good rev

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5838
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Talk about optimistic. lol

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 403
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe it will be hot on the West River. BTW, how do I get my hands on the great aerial fotos??? <313>

Mackinaw

Post Number: 3334
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hamptons, eh? When I think about the possibility of a strand of high-rise residences on the water, I think of Miami or Chicago. The Hamptons are nice, too, but more synonymous with GP?

Revaldullton

Post Number: 521
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im just being optomistic here, thats all. When I said Hamptons, I meant a travel destination for the rich.

If the economy holds up(keeping fingas crossed) the D will bounce back big.

the good rev

Mackinaw

Post Number: 3336
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is a goal. We need to be a place to visit AND a place to live, though.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.