Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Old-timer's beer @ bars near Comerica Park « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chris_rohn
Username: Chris_rohn

Post Number: 300
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do any of the bars near Comerica Park serve Blatz?

It's the most ridiculous question, I know. I figure it could be a good way to call out where to find some not-so-common-anymore brews.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Comet. Across the freeway from CoMerica, Park and Henry.

Ddaydave
Username: Ddaydave

Post Number: 474
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the new pit stop bar in the brodick tower carries blatz pabst and old Milwaukee

Sbradke
Username: Sbradke

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's the atmosphere like at the Pit Stop? Do they have food? Any after work crowd?

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 63
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the Pit Stop has mesothelioma specials on game days.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2364
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

the new pit stop bar in the brodick tower carries blatz pabst and old Milwaukee

As well as a particularly funky aroma left over from, I believe, the bathroom breakdown on the opening day of Comerica in 2000.

Sbradke
Username: Sbradke

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can wait to rush right over!

Ddaydave
Username: Ddaydave

Post Number: 476
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stopped in last Thursday on a non game night and It was just me and the bartender inside .. he told me the scaffolding outside was up because of falling glass and in fact a few days before on a windy day a window fell right out of the tower

(Message edited by ddaydave on July 24, 2007)

(Message edited by ddaydave on July 24, 2007)

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1087
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stopped in there opening day 2006. There was no heat and very little electricity. They were only open for that day, I believe. I always questioned the legality of these place so I call them "rogue bars".

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 197
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe "rouge bars" would be better because that's the river they smell like. Anyone buying a Blatz from a guy named Gideon is clearly a poser of the super enormity.

Foodcity
Username: Foodcity

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wesley's Bar and Grill on 1201 Adams in Toledo serves lots of Blatz and Black Label.

I visited the place for the first time last Thursday night. My friends had been there before.

Although we were enjoying our canned Blatz, we noticed that Black Label was on every table....Mabel.

It was great to see so many people enjoying something other than the same old Bud, Miller, Coors, and Labatt products.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.